• May 05, 2024, 03:10:20 PM

Author Topic: Question about Vac bans/harassing  (Read 5640 times)

Offline FAP GOD

• °
  • Forum Poster
  • Don't be an entrepreneur of someone else's dreams
    • Google Backwards
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Question about Vac bans/harassing
« on: November 01, 2016, 11:52:43 PM »
Can someone be banned for harassment of hate speech/cyber-bulling via vac ban? also i had this problem with this person on this server, while he has the right to kill me and i do respect this server's belief of "everyone is welcome" this guy did sound like a psychopath we asked "would you kill a civilian in a game for pleasure?" which he responds to with "yes i would, it's not like i'm doing it in real life", and to be honest he has a point and im not here to report, but im kinda warning/asking if this is really what we want on these servers....this guy's steam name" [ᴹsᴳ] Akresen " (without quotes), again i would not like to make this a report, but i would like to get word out this guy is loopy sounding and i rather not be mentioned, as i am afraid of him hunting me down
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 12:16:24 AM by NerdyTurd( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) »
unless your living the way you want to, their is no reason to live~Hunter Williams 2017

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Question about Vac bans/harassing
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 03:02:05 AM »
Can someone be banned for harassment of hate speech/cyber-bulling via vac ban? also i had this problem with this person on this server, while he has the right to kill me and i do respect this server's belief of "everyone is welcome" this guy did sound like a psychopath we asked "would you kill a civilian in a game for pleasure?" which he responds to with "yes i would, it's not like i'm doing it in real life", and to be honest he has a point and im not here to report, but im kinda warning/asking if this is really what we want on these servers....this guy's steam name" [ᴹsᴳ] Akresen " (without quotes), again i would not like to make this a report, but i would like to get word out this guy is loopy sounding and i rather not be mentioned, as i am afraid of him hunting me down
No. VAC (Valve.Anti.Cheat), Harassment is not cheating :P If  you are still having problem with this dude, please reported to Valve anyway.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 05:39:05 AM »
There's an option to report them for such reasons, although they are like with the TF2 community.
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline FAP GOD

• °
  • Forum Poster
    • Google Backwards
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 09:15:21 AM »
I know but being the fact this guy is psychotic and this being a family friendly server i'd just feel like i ought to warn
unless your living the way you want to, their is no reason to live~Hunter Williams 2017

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 09:33:24 AM »
Well, he definitely did not break any rules. Therefore he does not deserve any punishment.

Also him saying he would kill a civilian in a video game is not something to worry about. Almost, if not all video gamers do that. Look at GTA. Nobody tries to follow real life laws in that game. If a couple of NPC's get in my way, surely I will run them down. I'm not a psychopath because I would never do such a thing in real life, and neither is he. However, if he were to do such a thing in real life, he still does not deserve his Steam account to be terminated. If he were a psycho killer in real life, Steam would not be the problem. Frankly, it's more likely that Steam would be helping him because it would be distracting him from killing real people. But even after saying all of this, he did say that he wouldn't do any of this in real life so there is nothing to worry about.

Also, if you want to report his account for hate speech or harassment, feel free, just unless there are a lot of people reporting him it's unlikely your report will have any effect on him. That's just how steam works. It doesn't worry unless it absolutely needs to.

~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

Offline FAP GOD

• °
  • Forum Poster
    • Google Backwards
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 10:31:18 AM »
yeah i know but like you know how someone can give you very creepy vibes, like this is what he gave me.....it was weird

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 04:26:52 AM »
yeah i know but like you know how someone can give you very creepy vibes, like this is what he gave me.....it was weird
What I recommend: Block all communications with this "Psycho" person (Mute him if he is on the same server with you). People will give you creepy vibes all the time on the internet. Just forget that this ever happened, and you will be fine.

Offline FAP GOD

• °
  • Forum Poster
    • Google Backwards
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 08:39:10 AM »
already did, i just was warning anyone who does care and want to not be around insanity

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 03:46:04 PM »
already did, i just was warning anyone who does care and want to not be around insanity
Alright :)

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 12:48:38 PM »
Topic Locked
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.