• May 10, 2024, 05:24:02 AM

Author Topic: Dj Viper - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 5806 times)

Offline Dj Viper

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Dj Viper - Game Server Admin Application
« on: September 20, 2016, 10:55:26 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
Yes

3. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

4. Age:

5. What Time Zone do you live in?
Mountain Standard Time

6. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have been staff mostly dealing with small servers starting out and some large servers.
some Minecraft servers.

My most recent position was head Admin for a hosting company.

Out of game, I am a head cook for my work place.

7. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I wish to help the server grow in size and to help players starting out.

I have some ideas to help merge the server into discord.

8. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Most of my time, when I get off work, if close, I'll be on for a few hours. If I keep working the mornings, I'll be able to be on most of the day.

B. On the forums?
I can get on the forums anytime after work if I am needed. 

9. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I honestly don't remember. I have been on the servers for a long time.

10. Do you speak any languages other than English?
No. I am slowly re-learning Spanish, however.

11. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198121462884

I don't really have any other reputation other than trading.

I have been vac-banned, it's been nearly two years. I used hacks on a game called Rust.

12. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/idkwhattoputherehelpme

http://steamcommunity.com/id/vipah2266/

I don't use the accounts often.

13. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I have lost control of my emotions many times in the past, and many of the current Staff members can agree. However, I have attempted to mend these problems with these Staff members. They were very unwilling to listen to my apologies.

14. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I think out side the box, I enjoy thinking of ideas. I am very creative with problems and look at them from a different way.

Pros
. I am very determined
. I try to be kind to everyone that I meet
. I am very respectful towards people

Cons
. I tend to be very pensive when it comes to miniscule things
. I can get overly attached to certain people or subjects
. I have the tendency to lose control, but only when I am purposefully pushed over that edge

15. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 8
  • Honest: 10

16. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Personally, I dislike racism. I would ask them to stop. If they would keep going I would mute them temporarily.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would ask them why they are offended by what that player has said. If they give me a reasonable answer, I would talk to the other player that said it.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would ask them to stop. If they don't, I will mute them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would report them to a higher-up Admins.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would look and see if any screenshots were taken.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
The regular isn't in power and I would let the other player know he is not part of staff and tell him the real rules, then I would go to the regular and talk to him about it.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
It doesn't bother me if I get dominated by a player. It just means I need to try harder.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would ask them to stop. If they continue, I would have to mute them.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell that player to stop, and tell the other player to not listen to him.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
They bought a perk and used it. That's it.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Admin abuse is using commands to gain a higher advantage over normal players. An example would be like using God mode, infinite ammo, or noclip without buying it from the shop.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I have hope that I can become an Administrator on these servers. I am always enthusiastic about my future.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 11:15:05 PM by viper »

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Dj Viper - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 11:35:25 PM »
B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would ask them why they are offended by what that player has said. If they give me a reasonable answer, I would talk to the other player that said it.

And if the offender was indeed wrong and refuses to comply with your warning, what action would you take next?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would look and see if any screenshots were taken.

Once you prove that the person is indeed hacking, what will you do next?

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
The regular isn't in power and I would let the other player know he is not part of staff and tell him the real rules, then I would go to the regular and talk to him about it.

What if the regular threatening the user continues impersonating staff members, then what will you do?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell that player to stop, and tell the other player to not listen to him.

What if one or more players end up trading with him? Then what will you do about it?
AFK like JFK

Offline Dj Viper

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 12:01:44 AM »
For letter B: I would only take action if what the player was saying against the rules. If the other players don't like that, they can go play on another server.

Letter E: If sufficient evidence was provided, I would not hesitate to ban that player immediately. If there was a misunderstanding, I may revert my actions.

Letter F: I would first off warn the player. After that, I would kick them from the server. If they join back and continue, I would have to mute them for a short period of time, and increase the duration as they continue and as I am present on the server.

Letter I: I would ask them to trade back the items. If they don't comply and run off with the item, I would personally try to help pay back the person for the items.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 12:16:27 AM »
For letter B: I would only take action if what the player was saying against the rules. If the other players don't like that, they can go play on another server.

If that player was saying something against the rules, what action would you take then?

Letter I: I would ask them to trade back the items. If they don't comply and run off with the item, I would personally try to help pay back the person for the items.

What if I told you that we have ZERO tolerance for scamming?
AFK like JFK

Offline Dj Viper

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 12:23:06 AM »
1. I would take a similar course of action that I had mentioned in my response to your question about letter "F".

2. Ah my apologies. In any case of scamming, I would also ban the scammer in question.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 12:25:30 AM »
2. Ah my apologies. In any case of scamming, I would also ban the scammer in question.

How long would you ban them for?

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 12:26:00 AM »
1. I would take a similar course of action that I had mentioned in my response to your question about letter "F".

Thank you for answering all of my questions.

Good luck in the coming week!
AFK like JFK

Offline Dj Viper

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 12:30:00 AM »

How long would you ban them for?

I would ban the player permanently, unless they made something like a ban appeal.

Offline Dj Viper

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 12:30:43 AM »
Oh and I forgot to mention, I would also report them to SteamRep.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 08:33:56 AM »
Why do you consider yourself perfectly Honest, Compassionate and Creative?

I have been vac-banned, it's been nearly two years. I used hacks on a game called Rust.

What happened that you got vac banned on this game?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 08:45:53 AM by Hamtaro »
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline Dj Viper

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 03:14:45 PM »
I cannot give you an exact answer for why I rated myself highly in those categories. This is generally how I think of myself.

As for the vac ban, I got hacks for a game called rust. When I first started mostly everyone was using some sort of cheats. I met a good friend named death (Jonathan) I became co-owner on his rust servers.  We didn't have any anti cheat so I was able to get hacks and modify them to fit for this role, I also send the same ones I used to other staff that where willing for it.  I modified them so they had a longer range to see for esp and to see how fast players where running.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2016, 08:40:59 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 3 months have passed.

Application denied.
AFK like JFK