• May 14, 2024, 05:47:48 PM

Author Topic: Update the Rules / Guidelines  (Read 4568 times)

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Update the Rules / Guidelines
« on: December 27, 2016, 07:50:39 AM »
I suggest updating the Rules / Guidelines to include specification of all the recent exploits that a bunch of admins have been punishing players for using lately.

It's kinda sad how you guys come up with new rules and punishments left and right while the rest of the community gets tossed around in-between and are suddenly expected to be updated with every new rule.

I, myself, haven't been using any exploits but I hate seeing players get punished for using an exploit. Sure a lot of the admins warn the player to stop before punishing them, but making any new rules official and specific will solve a lot of misunderstandings between admins and players.

For example, I have recently witnessed an admin enforce a rule regarding the cow mangler exploit. The player started questioning the admin. All of that could have been avoided, had the rule been specified/added. Then the admin would have a valid reason to punish said player. In my opinion, unless a rule is made official or specified, admins are considered bad guys because they have no proper evidence to justify their actions against "rulebreakers."

All I am suggesting is that any Forum Administrator should update that rules page so everyone is in sync with what to do and what not to do.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 06:49:50 AM by Psykotik »
AFK like JFK

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Update the Rules / Guidelines
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 01:35:18 AM »
In my opinion, the rules and guidelines are way overdue for an update. Parts of them aren't very clear or specific, not to mention the increasing amount of rules we're making up.
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 01:57:09 AM »
This is actually already under a topic and being discussed.

I agree with the rules being updated to having specifics, or at least making certain aspects more clear.

But yes, this is currently being discussed and the results will be displayed if it goes through or not soon.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 02:56:52 AM »
Rules / Guidelines have been recently updated.

Topic locked.
AFK like JFK