• May 07, 2024, 08:43:16 PM

Author Topic: ☭Commie☭ - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4204 times)

Offline Kit Cat

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
  • oi
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
☭Commie☭ - Game Server Admin Application
« on: June 26, 2016, 07:14:40 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Pacific

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Well I haven't been an admin in any other server of TF2 or really had any level of higher power other than a normal or mere commoner.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
Well the main reason I want to be an admin is to help out with people like script kitties and such but mostly to help out with people who act the way I do. Being very disrespectful being a loud mouth spamming saying all this nonsense.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Well Swap Shop is really all I ever join so I will have plenty of time to be on your servers.

B. On the forums?
Haven't been on the forums too much, but since I'm usually always just browsing the internet looking at random things and I know most of the other admins, browsing the forums shouldn't be too hard either.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I'd say... 4-5 months

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198093692174

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
And I only have one alt I used when I was having some trouble with my main account.
This being the alt in question> http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198272478303/

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
The Death of my Father, it made me feel so lost, so confused at first I didn't know what to feel what to say or what to do. It was all just a big shock then the day of the funeral came I actually saw him in his casket, the pained look on his face and I felt nothing. I walked out of the room and burst out into tears, I can't explain who what or why I was the way I was but it just sorta happened. For weeks after that day I had more and more bad intentions, stealing, drug addiction and abuse, alcohol abuse, tobacco abuse. My life was in a downward spiral. Although nowadays I've learned to cope and forget my past so much so as to moving to a new home, All I want now is to better myself.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Some strengths would be- I can be a nice person(yes yes hard to believe Commie can be nice)
I can try applying myself to issues some others might have
I have a good level of patience with most people
And I'm an all around out-going type of person
Some weaknesses- I can at times be somewhat of a hot head at times.
I suffer from bipolar depression so at times I can become very sad and self loathing.
As I've stated I can sometimes be a bit rude myself

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 6
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 5
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 5

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would kindly ask him to stop with the slurs/racist comments. If it persists I would just gag/mute them.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would tell the person, "Hey I know you think this isn't offensive I mean I don't either, but these guys don't take to kindly to it, so can you not say it anymore please?" if they refuse to listen to reason then most likely just gag/mute them.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Ask them to stop spamming if they continue just mute.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would tell them that its sickening to me that they have this power, this responsibility, and this example to show and their slandering it by using their given powers just to get a rise out of people. I would ask them to stop, if they don't I would alert the head admin immediately. Now I know this might sound all cheesy and poetic but, it is my personal belief. 

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would try my best to respond to the report ASAP get on the server in question and observe the accused script kitty if what the report says turns out to be true and not just something like shop bought increased speed or RTD increased speed, I would perma-ban the script kitty in question.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will ask them to not pretend to have admin like powers or impersonate another admin, if they do not comply then the course of action I see fit is a 1 day ban.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Well, I could be immature and trash talk/use my power against them as most people would expect me to behave but I would merely laugh it off and feel special seeing how much these people target solely me :)

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would ask them to calm down and be reasonable if they continue insulting me and other server patrons I would just gag/mute them.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will perma-ban, I have 0 tolerance for scammers.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Deal with it, you used the shop to be a Horsemann so they can use the shop to buy slay if they desire to do so.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I would be highly honored if I was accepted, I love joining Swap Shop servers and playing on them, I've met so many amazing people and made so many amazing friends on there. So being able to help the community to my fullest extent would be a high honor for me.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 07:38:12 PM by ☭Commie☭ »
Dozerboi

Offline mia

• TF2SS's Little Pwincess~
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Bunny is my happiness. <3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: ☭Commie☭ - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 07:42:48 PM »
Commie may have had a bad reputation in the past, but that's simply because none of you ever went to him privately, and talked. Most of you saw him as this bad person, and if it weren't for me then those views wouldn't have changed. Please don't let the past continue to do so. Commie is a great person, a great friend and I know for a fact, he would make a great admin. I believe that people can change, it's possible. I fully support Commie, and find his application to be one of the rare good ones. He knows what he's saying, and to me none of it really seems questionable. So good luck to you, and I hope that you're able to make it to the team~!
Tiny Baby Legs

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 07:52:33 PM »

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Well Swap Shop is really all I ever join so I will have plenty of time to be on your servers.

B. On the forums?
Haven't been on the forums too much, but since I'm usually always just browsing the internet looking at random things and I know most of the other admins, browsing the forums shouldn't be too hard either.

Could you specify the amount of time you could spend in each of these everyday?
AFK like JFK

Offline Kit Cat

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
  • oi
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 08:02:06 PM »
@Psykotic I will probably be able to be on around 6-9 hours a day on the servers or forums.
Dozerboi

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 08:51:14 PM »
G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Well, I could be immature and trash talk/use my power against them as most people would expect me to behave but I would merely laugh it off and feel special seeing how much these people target solely me :)

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Some strengths would be- I can be a nice person(yes yes hard to believe Commie can be nice)
I can try applying myself to issues some others might have
I have a good level of patience with most people
And I'm an all around out-going type of person
Some weaknesses- I can at times be somewhat of a hot head at times.
I suffer from bipolar depression so at times I can become very sad and self loathing.
As I've stated I can sometimes be a bit rude myself

It would seem many of our admins/members have developed a very discriminatory bias of you, one that I cannot recall ever being spread around. While I am aware of events in the past on these forums, I was not active on the forums at that time so I have no bias against you; I am going solely off of your application. I do appreciate your honesty in this application though, not many are able to speak about such personal matters as you have. I can't remember us ever talking for more than a few seconds on trade_plaza and that was maybe 7 months ago?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Kit Cat

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
  • oi
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 08:59:11 PM »
@Biscuit Yes I do believe we have only spoken very little on trade_plaza and sometimes trade_plaza 2 the most recent encounter with you was I'd say maybe 4-5 months ago. And yes ever since that whole things where I was banned for being a immature trash talker to Gui because of my name and other issues, me and Gui have talked things out as far as going to me and him being friends nowadays. While I might think I have this whole negative bias against me. It is probably just me being very self-doubting as I sometimes and usually am. But then again, who knows.
Dozerboi

Offline Sleezy Genie (Impersonated)

• Kekugee - Kekistan Refugee
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
  • Braindead Memer
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 02:36:51 PM »
I too am like Biscuit and have very little to no bias on either way about Commie. I do have him friended and havent known him long, from what I can tell he seems nice and plays on our servers often. I like that he can be honest on his app and it is good that he has gone back to make edits to add detail or replies to answer questions that people have presented about his application. I'd like to see him on the servers a bit more and be able to join games with him/others in our servers. Any issues that may be presented within the application can also be fixed through proper training and learning how to deal with actual situations as they happen since every situation is unique and requires different actions and responses, meaning that many questions can be answered broadly or in many ways. I see no issue with him becoming an admin. And although i have no questions for him off the top of my head id very much like to see detail continuously added and proper repsonces to other admins questions before he is accepted. other than that I'd say to give him a shot.
Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 03:10:34 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

Since your application was very close to being accepted, you may re-apply again after only 1 month has passed.

Application denied.