• May 02, 2024, 11:44:43 AM

Author Topic: cameronez / 8BIT iSnipe - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4186 times)

Offline 8BIT iSnipe

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
cameronez / 8BIT iSnipe - Game Server Admin Application
« on: October 02, 2015, 11:31:51 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:
20 on october 6th

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
pacific time zone

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I was admin for a mario kart server a few years back.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
When im on the servers i have seen cheaters not been kicked, I'm also on the orange servers almost every day. I hope this community can get much bigger, the orange crit servers are great.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Lots. many hours a week

B. On the forums?
i like new friends ill definatley try the forums out.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
a couple months? I dont know how long exactly.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198030290219

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
i don't have any alternates

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
well in a tf2 context, getting rekt over and over and over, i just rage quit. i don't ever loose all control of emotions. it takes more than anyone onlines remarks and actions to make me loose control.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
I am very friendly, and fun to play with. also reasonable. i can find solutions to problems fairly quickly.

my weakness mainly is rage quitting when im too mad. im not really one to talk smack so i quit

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 5

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
warn them the first time, then kick them after.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
warn, then kick. its not okay when the other players aren't having fun because other peoples remarks.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
from what ive heard so far mic spamming is allowed on the servers, or i have seen it ignored. people know how to use the mute button if they dont like it

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
report it

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
go to the server and check it myself, ive been playing long enough to find hackers by spectate. then the ban hammer.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
inform them that the rules dont exist and that person cant ban them

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
join spectate, or just quit in general. i dont believe in kicking someone because there better than you. ive done me as a sniper vs 3 scouts and dominated them all, i can handle myself.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
kick the first time ban if they rejoin

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
immediately ban them

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
they just got rekt! jk, the shop is there for a reason, to buy fun modes and if they dont like it they can sit that one out and start playing normally in about 45 seconds

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: cameronez / 8BIT iSnipe - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 12:08:37 PM »
D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
report it

Report it where?

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I was admin for a mario kart server a few years back.

Do you have any links to the website of the server you were an Admin on? Also, why aren't you an Admin any longer?

Offline Chrid

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 12:56:51 PM »

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Lots. many hours a week
Can you give us a specific allocation of hours

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
from what ive heard so far mic spamming is allowed on the servers, or i have seen it ignored. people know how to use the mute button if they dont like it
Micspaming is not allowed, and is punishable

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
inform them that the rules dont exist and that person cant ban them
And what will you do to the person making up the rule(s)?

Offline 8BIT iSnipe

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 02:01:48 PM »
"Do you have any links to the website of the server you were an Admin on? Also, why aren't you an Admin any longer?"

http://tf2.darkspin.com/hlstats.php was the guy who hosted the servers, i wasnt admin longer because the server fell apart and lost all of the people who played.

"Report it where?"
i would report the admin thats abusing powers on the player/staff report page

"Can you give us a specific allocation of hours"
i usually spend about 10 hours on tf2 a week ( used to play way more but im starting to become an adult and slowed down a bit) and most of the hours i do put on, is in the orange server

"And what will you do to the person making up the rule(s)?"
inform them its not a rule while i tell the other person, if they know its not a rule or is just doing it to be an ass, one warning, then kick them.

Offline Talmidge McGooliger

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 03:03:16 PM »
"11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
well in a tf2 context, getting rekt over and over and over, i just rage quit. i don't ever loose all control of emotions. it takes more than anyone onlines remarks and actions to make me loose control."
Can you state a time real life or ingame where you have  lost control?

Offline 8BIT iSnipe

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 04:40:10 PM »
"11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
well in a tf2 context, getting rekt over and over and over, i just rage quit. i don't ever loose all control of emotions. it takes more than anyone onlines remarks and actions to make me loose control."
Can you state a time real life or ingame where you have  lost control?

i lost control when i got bullied every day at school for a year and on the last month i couldnt take it anymore, lost control and beat him senseless.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 08:49:45 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.