• May 02, 2024, 01:54:29 PM

Author Topic: `#HashtagEverything - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3527 times)

Offline `#HashtagEverything©

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
`#HashtagEverything - Game Server Admin Application
« on: November 06, 2015, 03:53:17 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Time (ET)

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I am one of the head admin for a community group called "The Red Raptor Community" group, a group specialized in having fun and giving away some small raffels. We are trying our best to start up a server to host. So far, its not doin the best, but we will get that server soon!

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
The reason why i want to be in the administration position is because i want to have a positive atmospere on the trade servers while having the most fun times on here! I've currently been on the Swapshop server for a good 2 years now, and im well aware of all the rules and procedures of being a guest on these servers. I also know a few admins that are good friends of mine! I also want to help out with trades and prevent any dangerous trades (Like sharking and scamming).

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I can spend all of my hours on the trade plaza for a really good amount of time. I usually spend up to 9-12 hours a day if im not busy, but don't worry, i'm usually free and have plenty of free time.

B. On the forums?
I can spend a good amount of time on the forums page. I'm able to keep track and multitask duties and instructions throughout a daily basis.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Like i've said before on previous questions, i've been on Swopshop servers for a good 2 years (and still going strong!)

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/search?q=TagEverything

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
Sadly, i don't own any alternate accounts. `#HashtagEverything is the only one that i have. But if needed to, i will happily make another account.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
The only time when i lost control of my well being is when i got "Friend Zoned" by this girl that i liked (8th time this happened to me) I was on total tilt and began to kill everyone on the trade plaza even though they were friendly. My friends were concerned for me, told me to calm down and think about what i was doing. I relized that putting my anger on inocent players is indeed very wrong, so i quickly left the server and calmed myself down until i was ready to head back to server to say sorry to everyone on the server that i killed.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
I would say that Trading, making friends, cracking jokes, Being fair, and being chill is my  way of greatest Streangths. I would say Being Arrogant, Bad mouthing, Swearing, Scamming, Impolite manner, and Rude attitude would be weakneses.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 10

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would ask him to stop on the first try, on the second try i would warn him on being kicked. If he happens to get kicked and returns with the same racial remarks I will ban him.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would do my best to try to understand the issue that is going on, if the victim is really disturbed from the trouble maker, I would get more information from the players on the server. If enough people on the server says that the trouble maker has been harassing the victim, then it will result in a kick.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would simply Gag them or mute them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would tell the head admin about the issue and show them evidence (Screen shots and/or Video evidence)

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would ask if the user baught Faster Speed from the in game shop. if thats not the case, i will simply ban him for using speed hacks.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would tell them that they are not an admin of the server and tell him the actual rules and then kick him, if he comes back and acts the fool again, he will have a temporary ban.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would simply tell them why they are doing this to me, if its not a good reason, i would just simply ignore them and go friendly mode. and mute them on my side of the game not on the server.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
i would just reason with him that what he is saying is idiotic and kick him, if he returns and does the same thing again, i will give him a temporary ban.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell them to stop, if they do not comply to my saying, then i will kick him.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I wouldnt really do anything much, the one who is buying HHH should just simply stop buying HHH to prevent this problem.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: `#HashtagEverything - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 10:58:09 AM »
12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
I would say that Trading, making friends, cracking jokes, Being fair, and being chill is my  way of greatest Streangths. I would say Being Arrogant, Bad mouthing, Swearing, Scamming, Impolite manner, and Rude attitude would be weakneses.
What do you mean by saying scamming is your weakness?

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would simply Gag them or mute them.
What if the player rejoins the server to remove the temporary silence you placed on them, then they continue to micspam?

« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 11:02:49 AM by ¤The Flying Knife¤ »

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 11:26:02 AM »
Heyo Knife, i didn't really know if scamming was a weakness was a good choice to put down.Now I may think that you might think that i scam people (which hopefully you don't think so, i would never scam), but i was think scamming as a weak point for other players rather than my self, so sorry for the confusion.

Another thing to fix up, if the player comes back from the game and continues to mic spam, i would kick him and tell him that "this is your last warning". If said player comes back again the third time, i will give him a temporary ban.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 11:28:51 AM »
Thank you for responding. In response to your reply, I am still confused:
i was think scamming as a weak point for other players rather than my self, so sorry for the confusion.
I am curious as to why you put scamming down then as an answer to "What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?"

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 11:45:59 AM »
Yeah, sorry again. I was think more about being scammed and everyone that is or has been scammed. I got scammed once, It didn't bode well with me, I was a wreck after the incident. I quickly "sobered up" and got my act together. so yeah, i guess thats the reason why i put down scamming as a weakness. Its a very minor problem though, but its still a little weanes that I have.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 12:36:31 PM »
Also, if there is an accused scammer, i would ban him (whenever i have evidence) If you guys want me to be more severe with being an admin, i would happily do that for you guys. I know you want to have strict admins and i completely understand that. *If* I do get this position, i will show you guys that I can be a great admin!

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 12:17:41 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 3 months has passed.

Application denied.