• May 10, 2024, 08:05:56 AM

Author Topic: Sniper Princess - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 5055 times)

Offline ღSniper Princessღ

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Sniper Princess - Game Server Admin Application
« on: August 15, 2016, 06:00:02 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:
I am 17 years old

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
I live in the Pacific Time Zone

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I am an Admin for Pie Corporation's Group, for Balloon Race http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PieCorp

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goals for this community is to make the server fun for everyone, and help everyone out with problems they need help with

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I will go on the server's once a week

B. On the forums?
I will go on the forums Daily

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Around June 2015

9. Do you speak any languages other than English?
I speak Vietnamese

10. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
http://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fprofiles%2F76561198172347699%2F

11. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I have no alternative accounts.

12. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
My brother decided to hit me in the face one time with his friends outside watching and my friend outside watching me getting upset, I also got frustrated with my brother and started crying so me and my friend took a walk around the neighborhood and she cheered me up. 

13. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My strength in my personality is to work hard and try my best, my weaknesses are being being too emotional and giving everyone what they want. 

14. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 10
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 7
  • Honest: 10

15. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would give them a warning, then if they do it again I would gag them or silence them.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would ask them nicely to be respectful to other players.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would give them a warning to not mic spam and if they continue to do it then I would mute them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would tell another admin that one of the admin's are using their powers in game.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would ban the person for speed hacking right away

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would warn him/her to not threaten another player, if they keep doing it I would mute them or gag them.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I'd tell them to stop nicely, if they keep doing it I would ignore them.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
if he or she continues to insult or scream on the mic I would warn him to stop first and if he continues to do it I would mute him if he screams, and gag him if he insults.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell the person that I won't take any requests from them.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I'd tell him/her to stop and if they continue I'd kick them.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Admin abuse is when someone is overpowered using godmode/Buddha or using admin commands to kill everyone without making votes.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I feel a little nervous, becoming an admin on the Tf2ss server's.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 02:35:39 PM by ღSniper Princessღ »

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Sniper Princess - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 08:29:55 PM »
You may need to fix some grammar and punctuation issues.

Offline JoeLife26

• Banned Member
  • Forum Member
  • Trolling FOr SHits Anf Giggles
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 08:45:34 PM »

A. On the servers?
I will go on the server's everyday

B. On the forums?

13. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
my weaknesses are that I am too nice, and I am very picky sometimes, and my strengths are sometimes I can be negative about things

For Question 7:
A: You need to set specific hours and the actually amount of hours you every day, there's no way on earth you do not play on TF2SS servers 24/7. Doing this can notify the admins reviewing can make shifts based on how many hours you play on the game servers.

B: Same as A there's no way you can be on forums 24/7 put specific hours for this question...

For Question 13:
How is being negative a strength that is a weakness than anything else.. so you're telling us that you only have one "strength" and you are good at nothing else at all... For your weakness they are reasonable but as us humans we have multiple flaws not just 1 or 2..

I advised that you revised this app.. Some of your questions are poorly answered... Remember To write this app like if its a job interview..

I'm not trying to bash you in any means... I just want to help you by getting good advice before the admins at TF2SS gets on this app....

Good Luck at being accepted....Peace...
JoeLife26
This Soaring Eagle Just Kicked Your Ass Back To Russia!
ᕕ( ͠° _ ° )ᕗᕦ( ಠ ͟ʖ ಠ )ᕥ(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )⊃━☆゚.*(ง ಠ ᗝ ಠ )ง( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

Offline snoogans.

• I fiddle with strings on coated plastic and wood
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • Mr. Slump God
    • My awful site
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 11:28:10 PM »

• Logical: 6
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 4
  • Creative: 10
  • Reasonable: 6
  • Objective: 5

Why are these rated so low?

Also, noticed you score yourself at a 10 on creativity. Responses don't have to be short, be creative with some, think outside the box, but keep in mind there is rules when it comes to applications.
I like salt

Offline tsun ツ

• your local weaboo
  • Forum Poster
  • ໒( ●ᴥ ●)ʋ u wot m8
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 03:22:57 PM »
11. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
when my friend was judging me by what shirt I was wearing, how I coped with it was I told her to stop nicely

12. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
when my friend was judging me by what shirt I was wearing, how I coped with it was I told her to stop nicely

Please try and look at your answers again

Thank you.

Reno
oh-haiyo~

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 10:10:06 AM »

• Logical: 6
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 4
  • Creative: 10
  • Reasonable: 6
  • Objective: 5

Why are these rated so low?

Also, noticed you score yourself at a 10 on creativity. Responses don't have to be short, be creative with some, think outside the box, but keep in mind there is rules when it comes to applications.
why I rated the numbers low because first I'm not really good with being patient, or logical I'm not really good at being reasonable either, and Reactive accidentally put a four on reactive, also put a 5 on objective by accident too, so I decided to change it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 10:35:16 AM by ღSniper Princessღ »

Offline snoogans.

• I fiddle with strings on coated plastic and wood
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • Mr. Slump God
    • My awful site
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 02:35:01 PM »
Thank you for responding.
I like salt

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 04:29:21 PM »

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 09:54:47 AM »

A. On the servers?
I will go on the server's everyday

B. On the forums?

my weaknesses are that I am too nice, and I am very picky sometimes, and my strengths are sometimes I can be negative about things

For Question 7:
A: You need to set specific hours and the actually amount of hours you every day, there's no way on earth you do not play on TF2SS servers 24/7. Doing this can notify the admins reviewing can make shifts based on how many hours you play on the game servers.

B: Same as A there's no way you can be on forums 24/7 put specific hours for this question...

For Question 13:
How is being negative a strength that is a weakness than anything else.. so you're telling us that you only have one "strength" and you are good at nothing else at all... For your weakness they are reasonable but as us humans we have multiple flaws not just 1 or 2..

I advised that you revised this app.. Some of your questions are poorly answered... Remember To write this app like if its a job interview..

I'm not trying to bash you in any means... I just want to help you by getting good advice before the admins at TF2SS gets on this app....

Good Luck at being accepted....Peace...
sorry, I put negative as a strength on accident but I changed it up by fixing it.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 01:00:23 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 3 months have passed.

Application denied.
AFK like JFK