• May 08, 2024, 10:15:28 AM

Author Topic: Woozylobster - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3811 times)

Offline HΞÅĐHŮИŤËŘ

• Forum Visitor
  • Bite the bullet
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Woozylobster - Game Server Admin Application
« on: November 05, 2016, 01:58:34 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Strum

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Central

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I wasn't necessarily an "Admin" but rather a leader or head of a Trade_Server. I hosted it with my friends and I.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I'd like to make the servers a better place, assisting where needed, and preventing irresponsible people from ruining a players time on the server.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
3-4 hours a day

B. On the forums?
1-2 hours a day

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Thats a difficult question, I want to say roughly almost a year.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Asl, (doesn't really come in handy) and some Arabic.  

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
http://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fprofiles%2F76561198113852347%2F

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
N/A

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
My Father works for a company that produces plastic. One day my dad came into my room and sat down with me and told me he had some news he had to share "I was chosen to go to the Middle East for work" He said. I was shocked, angry and had a mixture of every emotion. After 20 minutes of us sitting and talking about it I finally got up, and simply hugged my father. That resolved all my worries, and I know God himself was in control of the situation.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Strengths: Caring, courageous, Disciplined, communicative, creative, and responsible.

Weaknesses: Lazy, impatient, and fearful.  

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 5
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 3
  • Creative: 4
  • Polite: 2
  • Reasonable: 6
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 9
  • Honest: 1

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would immediately ask him to stop, give him a warning, and apologize to the player he was referring to for allowing it to happen. If he says anything again to him, I would kick him. It is unacceptable.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would ask the player making the remarks to kindly stop bugging the other players and to just enjoy the game.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would ask a max of three times for them to kindly stop. If they refuse, i'd mute them for just awhile. Until they stop.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Get footage of it, and ask them to stop abusing their powers, and turn the footage in to a trustful Admin.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would ask him to stop or else he would be kicked, or banned. Simply said, if he doesn't stop, he will be kicked or banned.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would tell them to calm down and that I wouldn't ban the user because he hasn't done anything out of the ordinary.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Play their game for awhile, then when ive had enough, simply say "Gg" and leave before things have the chance to get dirty.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Tell him I take pride in the server, kindly ask him to stop, then if he ignores my request I would mute him just for a bit.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Tell them that if he proceeds he will be breaking the rules, thus leads me to kick him. Hopefully he would stop.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
That he had died and has lost the perk. If anything i'd gladly give him the credits to buy it again.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
I picture Greek times, simply put, Zeus abusing his given powers for bad, not for that of the good.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I am so excited, I think I am ready to get out there and lend a helping hand to those who not only want it, but deserve it. Also to stop irresponsible players from ruining other players good times.
Signed, HΞÅĐHŮИŤËŘ

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Woozylobster - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 04:08:30 PM »
I would ask him to stop or else he would be kicked, or banned. Simply said, if he doesn't stop, he will be kicked or banned.
How long would you ban them if they didn't stop hacking?

Weaknesses: Lazy, impatient, and fearful.
Patient: 10
Could you please explain this discrepancy in your application?

Play their game for awhile, then when ive had enough, simply say "Gg" and leave before things have the chance to get dirty.
Polite: 2
Your rating on the polite attribute is a bit concerning in this specific case, I'm not saying that you're impolite to everyone, but do you believe that this lack of politeness will not get in the way of your administrative duties?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Tell them that if he proceeds he will be breaking the rules, thus leads me to kick him. Hopefully he would stop.
Please recognize that this is a form of scamming. What would you do if the person successfully scammed someone out of a hat whilst offering "free godmode"?

I picture Greek times, simply put, Zeus abusing his given powers for bad, not for that of the good.
I appreciate your sense of humor, but could you elaborate on this response a bit?

Thanks for answering,

~Biscuit
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Woozylobster - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 05:58:43 PM »
Application: Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 3 months have passed.

Application denied.
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.