• May 08, 2024, 04:42:52 AM

Author Topic: thekromedome[bot] - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 5683 times)

Offline thekromedome[bot]

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
thekromedome[bot] - Game Server Admin Application
« on: December 17, 2016, 04:09:14 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
No

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
central standard time

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
i have no previous experience but I am willing to be taught how to do all the commands ext.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to hold this position because I see to may admins abuse there ability and force people to do as they say

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
on the weekday 2:30pm-9:00pm
on the weekend 9:00am-9:00pm

B. On the forums?
I don't know what they are but if you could tell me I can set up a time

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
almost a year and a half

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
no

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
http://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fprofiles%2F76561198288951592%2F

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I do not

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I have never had a time when I lost control of my emotions

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
my strengths are communication, and comedy
I have no know weaknesses

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 6
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 6
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 3
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
give them a warning and if the continue kick them they come back and do it again I will banned

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I will tell the player who made the comment to not say it again that it is offending people

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I will give them a warning and if they continue I will mute them

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I will report him to a higher admin

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
kick and if they return and continue ban

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will question him/her tell them to stop if they continue I will kick them if he/she returns I will ban him/her

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I will stay calm and join spectator

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
if they are yelling at me through mic I will warn him to stop that he is mic spamming if he/she continues then I will mute him if he starts spamming chat I will do a kick vote (because if it is annoying the server they should decide if they want to kick him I don't care if someone is insulting me)

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will report for scamming then kick if he/she returns and continues I will ban

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I wont say anything because they are allowed to kill each other

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
when a admin is killing everyone out of enjoyment and the server hating it

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
if feel with a little training I can become a server admin that people wont hate to see and one that people can trust

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • Steam URL Because I change my name a lot
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: thekromedome[bot] - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 05:37:15 PM »
Could you please spend some more time polishing your application? It felt like it was made in under 5 minutes.

Also; please fix your grammatical issues.
Code: [Select]
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
    alert("Am I wearing these thigh highs right?");
//-->
</script>

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 05:39:14 PM »
I'm sorry but your app is barely decent. I suggest revising it, since you still have 1 week left until you find out the result.

With how your app currently looks, I would vote no if I was still part of staff.

Good luck!
AFK like JFK

Offline Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 05:47:53 PM »
9. How much time will you be able to spend:

B. On the forums?
I don't know what they are but if you could tell me I can set up a time

I'm breaking out old Andale Mono for this particular occasion. Oh boy... Well, buddy you just used them. As usual, I'm always apposed to administrator applications. If you really have talent in administration and if you believe that SwapShop needs your gifts, then I say go for it. This application is not a good indication of such. If you truly have skills in administration and if you want to use them for SwapShop, then you need to show your dedication to this online establishment.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 05:51:08 PM by Peter Capaldi's Santa Hat »
~

Offline Mixxylicious

• THAT person again
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • oh why hello there ;3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 01:35:57 AM »
I'm breaking out old Andale Mono for this particular occasion. Oh boy... Well, buddy you just used them. As usual, I'm always apposed to administrator applications. If you really have talent in administration and if you believe that SwapShop needs your gifts, then I say go for it. This application is not a good indication of such. If you truly have skills in administration and if you want to use them for SwapShop, then you need to show your dedication to this online establishment.

Please refrain from using sarcasm to "attack" the applicant, even if their application is not as good as others, they are still a member trying to apply and thus doesn't need such things.
Pstt... don't forget to HAVE FUN <3

Offline Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 11:04:27 AM »
Please refrain from using sarcasm to "attack" the applicant, even if their application is not as good as others, they are still a member trying to apply and thus doesn't need such things.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I wasn't trying to attack the applicant either. ??? I seriously wish the applicant well. If the applicant feels like they have the potential, then I'd like to see them fulfill it. I have no idea where this came from. Take a chill pill, man. :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 11:13:48 AM by Peter Capaldi's Santa Hat »
~

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2016, 08:12:41 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

Application denied.

Hades
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 01:36:52 PM by Hades »