• May 07, 2024, 10:02:39 AM

Author Topic: Dat_One_Mew - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3822 times)

Offline Dat_One_Spoopy_Mew

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Dat_One_Mew - Game Server Admin Application
« on: November 05, 2016, 08:43:51 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Sadly I don't know any staff members as friends, but I do know that my friend Sonichq173 is also turning in an application.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
No

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
 United Central Time

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I usually try to keep servers clean. We are a fantastic community, I really want to keep it that way! This position will be a good way for me to help the servers stay even safer.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I usually play about 3 hours a day and most of it is on a Tf2 swap shop server so I would be mostly active.

B. On the forums?
Sadly not as much as in game. I mainly play, less on the forums, I will spend more time when getting the part.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
About 6 months, I know it's not as long as other people but I just know I can keep tf2ss great.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
No not really I am not good with most any even if my computer is English keyboard so I can't use the letters other languages have.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
Not really any rep but ask others that I have played with on your community! I have DinoSenpai, Kunai the Jolteon and other friends that I have some good rep with

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
When I lost my neighbors, one of my only friends I went to depression, I had no way to get out of it, well one, That was this community, tf2 in general! This is what is my wake up call! I have a bad day.... tf2 loose something important... tf2. This community has some of my only good friends

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I would say I am a good leader, love to make friends, but I kind of can get a bit angry. I still stay calm! Trust me! I love having fun and messing around.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 6
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 8
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would have a nice chat, start off with saying, "why are you using this language on this server, our servers do not allow that language please stop or we may have something to deal with"

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would let them say what is offensive about the remark and then see if they can resolve it by helping each other out in the end.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would give 2 warnings, followed by then giving them a 30 second mute, then if they keep going i would raise it by 5 seconds each time.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would report them to higher admins such as Death, one of the more trusted admins, I have seen great ability in him.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would have given the warning, "turn it off, or I will really have to punish you, we do no tolerate hacking on our servers

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would tell the user being threatened, "it's okay this is not a admin and these rules are not in play, you may continue playing the way you were playing"

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would try hard, really hard, to kill them, I put full spirit! I will best them eventually and get my revenge.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would ask them to "please not use profanity as we try to keep our servers safe. We try to let you express yourslef but we would like to keep it clean for the younger players that might be on today..." If they do not stop i would give them a mute for 30 minutes

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell all the playing it is a scam, then, if the player continues to try to scam someone I would give them a 30 minute ban

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell them in a calm way, "I am sorry but I can't do anything about this, you have bought this perk and you have no right to complain considering you have bought it, I would assume you know what you are buying from the !shop section

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
I define admin abuse as:
Using admins abilities in a way that is unfair for others that would make them enjoiy the server less, such as kicking players that have dominated them, or a f2p that is just learning how to play and they kick them becuase the are just learning how to play and them the admin got backstabbed by an enemy spy

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I want to help keep our servers nice and beutiful, once again, tf2ss has some of my only friends on it. While school is in I don't get as much time with my friends as I would like. I would really enjoy being able to keep out servers safe!

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Dat_One_Mew - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 03:16:02 AM »
Good Luck!

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 11:41:40 AM »
Hi, I have a few questions I would appreciate your response to:

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would have a nice chat, start off with saying, "why are you using this language on this server, our servers do not allow that language please stop or we may have something to deal with __________________________"

Okay, so after engaging the individual who is spewing racist comments, what punishment would you proceed to give them?

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would give 2 warnings, followed by then giving them a 30 second mute, then if they keep going i would raise it by 5 seconds each time.

Do you believe that a 30 second mute is ample time for the micspammer to rethink their actions?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would have given the warning, "turn it off, or I will really have to punish you, we do no tolerate hacking on our servers

Proceeding punishment?

Thanks for answering,

~Biscuit
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 05:58:21 PM »
Application: Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 3 months have passed.

Application denied.
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.