• May 09, 2024, 08:06:53 PM

Author Topic: Departing Message  (Read 16589 times)

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Departing Message
« on: October 05, 2015, 08:54:55 PM »
So.. No idea where to find this pluggin, but I did see it on a relatively large community server where vip's, mods's, and Admin all can have their own custom departing message such as this seen.

"Player [FP] natethegreat left the game (Probably getting food.)"

I find this to be a small and cool idea for the fun of personalizing and enhancing your player status.

If the pluggin can be found and posted below, a Voting poll will be created to vote yes or no to having it added.

Greatly appreciated!

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Departing Message
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 10:28:49 PM »

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 07:37:48 PM »
Well thanks to Hades, this pluggin is now available, you may now vote yes or no, and leave a comment if you wish to explain why you feel it should be added or not with some explanation to a no.

The poll will run from 1 weeks time from this reply to the post.

I created a post, so I obviously do vote yes for this.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 07:39:31 PM by -ᴛғ2ss-☠Lunarium Wolf☠ »

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 08:02:42 PM »
Sure, cuz in the end, why not. I just don't feel like typing a lot right now. But yeah, more features to VIP = more people will want to get VIP so sure.
~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

Offline s⁧l

• Woah.
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 08:09:48 PM »
I vote yes because I think some of the little things like this make a server a bit more enjoyable.

Offline Polarized

• URL Badman
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 08:35:06 PM »
No reason not to. Sure.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 09:09:13 PM »
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=878874

Hades

That links to the old amx mod and won't work with TF2.

It is possible to setup exit messages but the only way I know how if to manually edit a config file with the message. Once upon a time the server used to announce "The unholy king of Death has arrived!" when I joined but I never had an exit message.

Ill see if my programmer can build such a thing and get back to you guys.

Here's something to think about: Do we really want to add join & disconnect messages? It will only add to the chat clutter that's already scrolling by in front of your face and might make actual chats harder to read if they zip on by.

Offline Polarized

• URL Badman
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 09:13:44 PM »
If there's a character limit to the leaving and joining messages, it should be fine (Maybe like 140 or so). I personally will not use one, as aimbotters will notice if an admin joins the server by the special entering and leaving text, but I think it could be a fun feature for our VIPs.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 11:57:13 PM »
After looking around I found this:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=77306

Only downside is, it saves the connect/disconnect messages on a server by server basis.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 01:19:07 AM »
After looking around I found this:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=77306

Only downside is, it saves the connect/disconnect messages on a server by server basis.

Wouldn't this be similar to server to server VIP options? Each one is different? If so, most Admin/VIP Members should be fine with setting it each time, just as I am with resetting chat color in each new server through a report, or any VIP unusual effects and so on.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 11:40:28 AM »
I can easily get it setup on a server by server basis. Last thing id want to do is add more strain on the sql server since we have it somewhat working ok now.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 03:02:50 PM »
Hmm, well you do have the final call. After all, these are your servers. If you feel like it doesn't work out, or you feel any pluggin shouldn't be added, then you don't need to put the effort in for us if you do feel like you yourself does not like the idea, or don't see a point in it.

The main reason being is it wouldn't have a message saying "Admin Lunarium Wolf Has Joined The Game" If there is custom input available, it would be something as simple as "Lunarium Wolf Disconnected by User ( - Luna Out)" Or any other phrase. None of them neccicarily will display in any way that a person is an Administrator or VIP member unless they input words that do make it obvious.

Though as a few people pointed out, especially Sixteen adding to the point of attracting more donations or more people to purchase VIP seeing obvious custom text that would appeal to the eye of any random user. But as for the concern of extra text, the pluggin I had witnessed display when any regular user left "_____ Has left the game (Disconnected by user)". But when these custom text areas for VIP Members, Mods or Admin, the message Highlighted their name in a Blu team chat color due to the selective team they were on, and then rest of the message being the default white text. So as of room for text in chat, if it removes the default and replaces, then this should not neccicarily be a problem.

As for any Administrator whom is interested in knowing where my reference is, where I saw it, and would like to witness it, pm me here on the forums. This is if you'd souly see where I had received the idea.

But once again, as for Death, me and the rest of staff greatly appreciate the work you put in here for us. But If you feel there is in any way a problem, or just simply don't feel it to useful, or even more so, don't want it, you do not need to put in the effort for such a thing. We as staff and the community love and appreciate how much you've already gifted us, and we wouldn't be upset if we were left with "I don't think it's a good idea" as we already have plenty of wonderful bonuses on our server.

Just making sure the bonuses I see are clear in this reply, and that I don't see any potential downfall except for adding more pressure to run on the servers. But also in this reply, that all your work doesn't go unappreciated here, and that we as a community and Staff, already appreciate what's been given so far as of this date.

If you feel you have any more questions specifically on the topic, continue to post down below.

Thank you all very much.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 03:08:45 PM »
So is the idea to have this for favorite users? or a VIP feature?

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 03:10:12 PM »
VIP users and Administrators. Favourites I see already have enough bonuses, and if given to favourites, then gives too much opportunity for chat spam.

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2015, 05:00:31 PM »
I agree with VIP and Admin only. Favorites have enough features for players to want to get the Favorite option. Now VIP needs enough features to look even better and worth the credits spent. Not that it doesn't alredy, just that if we give more features to Favorite, VIP will be "worth" less and less. On the flip side, if VIP has more features, then it is "worth" it. (And by worth, I mean that more people will want to get it.
~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16