• May 14, 2024, 05:28:16 AM

Author Topic: Saxton Hale  (Read 4917 times)

Offline MIND*FREAK

• Forum Visitor
  • Never let someone else tell you who you are.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Saxton Hale
« on: October 03, 2016, 04:11:07 PM »
I was wondering if it would be possible to start a Saxton Hale server. I noticed in both areas of swapshop we do not have a Hale server and I know many of the community members including myself would like to have one. 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 10:17:41 AM by Mind*Freak »
MIND*FREAK

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Saxton Hale
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 07:16:32 PM »
Again, relating to the other topic earlier about a "chat-bot" being added to the server, it would cost money. Not only money, but it would take some time as well since there is already another project in progress that Death is working on finishing. It might be something I can discuss with staff in a future meeting if you can get enough people to support your idea. The reason being, we don't want any more constantly empty servers than there already are.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 08:52:50 PM »
Keep in mind that all our servers use the shop system.

If this particular server didn't have our unique plugin, it wouldn't be TF2SS anymore imo.

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 09:06:03 PM »
I personally thought this was good in the past but like biscuit said its very time consuming to make and forever to download content.
counter sally strike go

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 02:45:44 AM »
Running a hale server will be a huge challenge, considering all the plugins and commands that we use. Fixing problems would probably make more problems. Also if Death does make a Saxton Hale server, we need players to play Saxton Hale, other wise it will be a huge waste of Death's time to make these server.

Its a good idea in theory though.

-Nationn-

Offline snoogans.

• I fiddle with strings on coated plastic and wood
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • Mr. Slump God
    • My awful site
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 03:04:30 AM »
I like the idea, but overall, you have the 4 big daddies ruling VSH right now, and when my friend opened up a VSH server 3 months ago, it never got traction and still only gets a max of 4-5 players a month.

DISC-FF: They're currently the best vanilla VSH imo, and have 2 servers up but between those servers, you have about 24-32 players every day joining, only losing players during school weeks and school hours.

Skial: They opened one or two and currently hold a nice spot, however they are better for vanilla tf2 pubs and not game modes. Their VSH server(s) still hold some bit of traction.

PB-Fortress: This is the VSH's crazy uncle which has over 4 different versions of VSH, not including the FF2 mods they have. I personally choose this one over any other, and it brings in loads of people.

Saxton Hell: You can't move this stone. It's like opening a new restaurant and trying to beat McDonald's. You can't

So, in conclusion to that, it's like my lil thing for Saxton Hell - Death putting up a VSH server is like trying to make a new restaurant. You got Arby's, McDonald's, Burger King, and Taco Bell right there. I'm very certain that if we were to have one, it'd get a small amount of players and that's if everything goes smoothly, like fixing the shop so it doesn't interfere, etc.
I like salt

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 03:08:03 AM »
I like the idea, but overall, you have the 4 big daddies ruling VSH right now, and when my friend opened up a VSH server 3 months ago, it never got traction and still only gets a max of 4-5 players a month.

DISC-FF: They're currently the best vanilla VSH imo, and have 2 servers up but between those servers, you have about 24-32 players every day joining, only losing players during school weeks and school hours.

Skial: They opened one or two and currently hold a nice spot, however they are better for vanilla tf2 pubs and not game modes. Their VSH server(s) still hold some bit of traction.

PB-Fortress: This is the VSH's crazy uncle which has over 4 different versions of VSH, not including the FF2 mods they have. I personally choose this one over any other, and it brings in loads of people.

Saxton Hell: You can't move this stone. It's like opening a new restaurant and trying to beat McDonald's. You can't

So, in conclusion to that, it's like my lil thing for Saxton Hell - Death putting up a VSH server is like trying to make a new restaurant. You got Arby's, McDonald's, Burger King, and Taco Bell right there. I'm very certain that if we were to have one, it'd get a small amount of players and that's if everything goes smoothly, like fixing the shop so it doesn't interfere, etc.
Great way to put it in perspective.