• May 13, 2024, 06:02:54 PM

Author Topic: Question  (Read 9131 times)

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Question
« on: November 29, 2016, 10:50:00 PM »
I have one question for all the admins: Why?

Every time I go on Server #35 to have fun, the new admins are always on it and they abuse the shit out of commands. Last night I was playing with Psy, and Pookie decided it was cool to necrosmash everybody TWICE without a vote! Then he called a smite vote which was only 58% and he still smited everybody. When I was an admin here, I was told that votes like that must pass by 70% in order for it to be justified..

Then you have Virus Alpha using csay for unnecessary comments and personal conversations. And guess what? It was Psy who told him off. Why does a retired staff member have to tell an admin off? I thought admins were supposed to be people you could look to for help and guidance.

Now, whenever I go on, I'm not surprised when I see 3-4 admins running around with the /resizeme command or rolling "Spawn a Dispenser" for themselves so many times.

Not to mention some of them spawn bosses like crazy. These new admins somehow got in thanks to YOU people.

Please do something about it because a lot of players are being driven away. It's bad enough that only #35 is ever full anymore. Don't drive away the remaining players you have left. In my opinion, I'd rather fire a few guys than to lose tons of players.

I used to be afraid of using a simple csay for unnecessary reasons, I thought I would be punished. But it seems that it wouldn't have even mattered compared to the mass destruction we're dealing with now. To disrupt a community for your own enjoyment and still get away with it? In my opinion, that's bannable.
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 11:07:25 PM »
Please do something about it because a lot of players are being driven away. It's bad enough that only #35 is ever full anymore. Don't drive away the remaining players you have left. In my opinion, I'd rather fire a few guys than to lose tons of players.

I used to be afraid of using a simple csay for unnecessary reasons, I thought I would be punished. But it seems that it wouldn't have even mattered compared to the mass destruction we're dealing with now. To disrupt a community for your own enjoyment and still get away with it? In my opinion, that's bannable.

^^^^

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 12:03:51 AM »
I would suggest writing an admin report on the specific admins that you believe are abusing their powers. If you need help finding logs of their command usage, I would ask Hades. He is a master with regards the logs system. Reporting admins is not a common things, but if you believe that they are misusing their abilities and should be punished, that is the way of doing it. And frankly, it is the correct way of doing it. I used to believe in doing everything in my power to keep admins in power, but I have shifted into the mindset of things being done correctly and orderly.

Report them.

~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 12:04:52 AM »
It's being delt with.
counter sally strike go

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 02:45:51 AM »
Requesting Topic Lock, Situation is being dealt with.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 11:02:29 AM »
There's always a pattern with admins.

By nature, human beings get tempted with power.

Some feel TRUSTED with power and cherish it. They feel that if they are trusted with that much power, they shouldnt abuse it.

While others feel that they are GIVEN the power for free. They feel that it is their right to exercise the amount of power they have.

Abusive admins tend to be the most active staff members. Those who aren't so active tend to be the mature ones.

As for me, I was always in-between. A few fun commands here and there, with consent from most of the players on the server. I was very active as well, probably the main reason I even bumped up to the Head Admin position within months of being here.

I HAD the power to target other admins besides other head staff, but only used it when necessary (like when dealing with other admins getting out of hand).

I was probably the fun police for some of the staff members, but it wasn't my priority to be liked by everyone. A lot of the abusive admins are the ones who like to "gain" respect from a majority of players. They want to let everyone know that they exist, that they're important in the community.

Someone who is willing to smite or smash a whole server a few times just to prove their administrative position does NOT deserve to administer on the servers.
AFK like JFK

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 01:52:58 PM »
Let's keep this post up a little bit longer.
AFK like JFK

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 04:35:35 PM »
I request that any admins that have abused in the past few days state their reasons why they thought it was okay to do so. I know few of them even use the forums, but don't you think that should be taken care of as well?

Quoting this back over here.
i blame sipow

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 05:29:32 PM »
If you want something to be done about the abusing admins, you have to call them out. Why would they come out and speak for themselves? To be good people? Sure, but coming out and telling the truth about how you did something bad doesn't make you a good person necessarily. You saw the problems. You need to take the action on it Sipow. If you do not want to, then the admins should carry on being normal admins.

But also, with regards the problems you listed, for "abuse" they were pretty minor offenses. They will probably get a slap on the wrists which is perfectly fine. You may not like it, but the point isn't to get rid of admins, the point is to stop the abuse. If they get a stern talking to and stop abusing, then mission successful. Strum said that actions are being made. I think all will work out for everyone's benefit.

~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 06:45:50 PM »
If you want something to be done about the abusing admins, you have to call them out. Why would they come out and speak for themselves? To be good people? Sure, but coming out and telling the truth about how you did something bad doesn't make you a good person necessarily. You saw the problems. You need to take the action on it Sipow. If you do not want to, then the admins should carry on being normal admins.

But also, with regards the problems you listed, for "abuse" they were pretty minor offenses. They will probably get a slap on the wrists which is perfectly fine. You may not like it, but the point isn't to get rid of admins, the point is to stop the abuse. If they get a stern talking to and stop abusing, then mission successful. Strum said that actions are being made. I think all will work out for everyone's benefit.

~16

I agree with you. This post's main purpose was just to give my opinions. I understand that these admins aren't going to be demoted, but I still wished action would take place. From the sounds of it, the head staff is doing their best now, which we can all appreciate. But the best action I can do for anything as a community member is speak my mind. I have no power over anything whatsoever. Even as an admin I wasn't that important. Whether or not the abusers wish to speak for themselves is not under my control.

Hopefully this issue is being dealt with properly.
i blame sipow

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 07:12:49 PM »
Thanks for the inputs everyone but as I said it is being taken care of and admins have already been addressed for their abuse
counter sally strike go

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 02:55:57 AM »
Issue has been dealt with.