• May 04, 2024, 06:58:43 PM

Author Topic: ๖ۣۜCtenophorae - Forum Moderator Application  (Read 4002 times)

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • Steam URL Because I change my name a lot
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
๖ۣۜCtenophorae - Forum Moderator Application
« on: February 07, 2017, 02:59:37 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Forum Moderator

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
All of them. As I'm currently a staff member myself.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
No

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
US-PST

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
All previous stated experience is within my applications for Server Administrator.

The link is here: http://tf2swapshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=1771.0

Ontop of this, I've also gained some experience here, and within Bloodrain's discord as a newly appointed "Executive". This is a custom title that allows full administration permissions and the ability to edit and moderate rolls for promotion/demotion as seen fit by myself and Bloodrain.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I'm leaning towards the thought of getting a bit more in-depth with this community than I already am. I've been making myself a bit more known to the regulars and frequent visitors. This may also be another reason to get a bit more active within the forums.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Anywhere between one hour to five hours. Generally whenever a moment presents itself.

B. On the forums?
Similar to the sub-question above, I will usually have the TF2SS forums set up along side Team Fortress 2. Anywhere ranging from one hour to five hours.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Ranging up to a year.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
German is my primary language, English is my secondary. I'm fluent in both.

I'm also iffy with Mandarin and Japanese texts/characters.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
Here's a detailed list of reputation:

| steamname: ๖ۣۜCtenophorae
|  steam3ID: [U:1:85162873]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:1:42581436
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045428601
| customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/marieika
|  steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198045428601

And a screenshot of my position's power in Bloodrain's server: http://prnt.sc/e5te71

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
Not applicable.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
Only recently, I was diagnosed with Stage 1 breast cancer.

Initially I kind of felt small. worthless even. This continued for about a little under a week, which is when I realized I have to make the time I was given to make something of it. Since then, I've continued to improve my emotionally and personal image for both my benefit, and for my peers.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I find my persistence to be a double edged sword. Part of it shows my dedication, but can lead to over dedication and I get a bit of serious over some things that aren't necessarily worth being serious over.

An example of this was my previous resignation. It stemmed from me taking the server position a bit serious.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 4
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 5
  • Polite: 6
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 5
  • Troubleshooter: 7
  • Honest: 9

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
A warning, and a kick. If they come back and continue, then a mute. If they continue, I extend the duration one time.

The kick would be for attention, then a mute if they persist.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I will ask the offended party to visit another server of ours. We have 60 of them.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Depends on the micspam. Sometimes if the quality of say a DJ micspammer is good and people like the songs/music, I'll generate a vote to keep it.

Most, if not everything else will be met with a warning, kick, and then a mute for 30 minutes if they return with more micspam. They continue after, an extension.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I generate some evidence with text logs, a demo, and informing the head administration. If it's a head administrator, then I will report it directly to Death.

If it's Death, well. Fuck.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I click the links provided in the report, and join in that order. While loading in I will review the profiles and background check as quickly as I can. Once in, I'll act like a regular player and record a demo of the speed hacking (if applicable).

If the report is in-fact false, I will warn the reporter to not make faulty reports.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
First, tell the user of staff impersonation rules. This is followed with a ban if the player does so again.

Second, inform the other staff members of the player's impersonation for future reference.

Third, tell the other player that the rule doesn't exist.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I'll remain in spawn, or use the !shop to get my personal revenge.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I'll inform them of the following rules;

Administration disrespect

Profound language

Disrespectful language

Spam (Both on chat and mic).

If they continue, I will react with proper punishment.

Kick, if they continue happy, then extending happy duration if they do it once again.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
This is a trade scam. It will be resulted in a warning then a ban after collecting an IP and STEAM:ID.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
To idle in our servers to regain the credits necessary to buy HHH again and that donating is an option.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Using Administration powers to attain a personal benefit or joy at the expense of other players.

Generally, an advantage that other players don't have access to.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
Giving that this is for Forum Moderator, I'm adding the info that I do need to be a bit more familiar with coding. I don't desire to be an expert but I wish to know enough to properly understand the core concepts.
Code: [Select]
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
    alert("Am I wearing these thigh highs right?");
//-->
</script>

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: ๖ۣۜCtenophorae - Forum Moderator Application
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 03:24:13 PM »
You don't know me!

Good luck though. :^)

(I won't be voting or deciding on the outcome of this since I'm inactive)
AFK like JFK

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • Steam URL Because I change my name a lot
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 03:41:56 PM »
You don't know me!

Good luck though. :^)

(I won't be voting or deciding on the outcome of this since I'm inactive)

Mr. Almost 2k posts it says current staff. Get yo' rear out.

Thanks tho.
Code: [Select]
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
    alert("Am I wearing these thigh highs right?");
//-->
</script>

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 11:26:18 AM »
 Unfortunately, we cannot accept any Forum Moderator applications at this time.

Application denied.

Hades