• May 13, 2024, 02:55:34 PM

Author Topic: new idea!  (Read 8872 times)

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: new idea!
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2016, 06:55:38 PM »
The issue with this is that implementing a lot of custom models is going to add more stuff for people to download when they first load our servers. At one point or another, people are just going to cancel the download button because it's taking too long and that means they won't play on our servers.

It will also affect most gameplay as for example, let's say there was a dog model (non-anthro form). It would visually be lower than the actual hitboxes, bringing a disadvantage.

I've also seen exploits with it, sometimes models can get messed up to the point of making the player virtually invisible.

All very valid arguments.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2016, 08:50:21 PM »
I've experienced this whole custom models thing before on that Left 4 Dead 1 server that I was an admin of. Basically the owner let everybody choose their custom models but we were forced to download like 8 GB worth of stuff and we barely used them. Point being, too much files to download..
AFK like JFK

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2016, 11:29:33 PM »
The issue with this is that implementing a lot of custom models is going to add more stuff for people to download when they first load our servers. At one point or another, people are just going to cancel the download button because it's taking too long and that means they won't play on our servers.
As TheFlyingKnife has stated, yes it will take a very long time to download all the custom models, especially for new comers. We want people to stay and enjoy, not sit infront of the loading screen waiting for the models to download, then quit have way through. But this is a very great idea in deed, but it is all about the players and the downloads.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2016, 12:46:03 PM »
Topic locked.
AFK like JFK