• May 09, 2024, 08:15:27 PM

Author Topic: TradeDinoSenpai - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 5164 times)

Offline Lil Caster

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
TradeDinoSenpai - Game Server Admin Application
« on: October 14, 2016, 09:44:18 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
BloodRain we talk about random stuff.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:
16-Age is just a number mature people understand this.

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
canada 24 hour

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Minecraft owner on 1 server dev on 2 and youtube on 1

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
The trade Server had Been abandoned and since no staff has been on or seems to care in any way or form i choose to take action and become an admin to clean the scammers, spammers swearing pirates and other to make the sevrer a better place for all players.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
5 hours weekdays 7 on weekends max High school is not treating me very well.

B. On the forums?
Not very much but i could try to be on it more and be updated with the info from it.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Group: about 2 months Server: 3 Months

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
No just english.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
| steamname: TradeDinoSenpai
| steam3ID: [U:1:350562247]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:1:175281123
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198310827975
| customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TradeDinoSenpai
| steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198310827975

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
TradeCatSenpai: Waiting 15 day steam gaurd
TradeDinoSenpai: Main

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
Struggling with a school test that was due and i was behind form a bike accident so i was behind 3 weeks and i did not want to go to school and face my teacher empty handed(Work wise) so i talked to my guidance counselor and i got extra time to finish my work and i felt much better about not failing English.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I dont do well in lots of stress but when im in a good mood i work well my strengths are: i can multi task i can work well on my own i am very logical and creative but my weakness is im not very patient.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 4
  • Reactive: 5
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 6
  • Reasonable: 5
  • Objective: 4
  • Perceptive: 5
  • Compassionate: 6
  • Troubleshooter: 4
  • Honest: 5

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Ask them nicely to not say those things and if they keep saying them i would mute or ban depending on what they said.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would talk to the group that is offended by said comment and tell them that this comment is not offensive but if u think that it is your own choice but i do no think it if offensive.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Ask them not to but if they keep doing it of course mute or perm mute.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
i would report it to another admin but if they cant do anything about it i would take matters into my own hands and deal with the admin as such.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I personally would not waste anytime and ask for evidence that said person is hacking if they are i would file the report as banned and leave it at that.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will say if they dont want to do what u say then they can do that but if they are hacking and they dont listen that is a different story and if they are hacking please contact an admin to file a report or other. and that they do not have the permissions to ban and they cannot force other members to do what they want.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Alot of people would get (salty) from a group a playes targeting u only if they do not listen to you asking them to stop then try to fight back but if that dosent work then try to be friendly and have fun with them.But As an admin i would ask them not to and if they wanna kill someone please do it else wear like on casual or competitive.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would tp them to me and freeze them and have a talk to te player and if they truly hate the server they do not need to stay and they can leave and if said player does not leave i will help them leave as in kick/ban depending on there behavior.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Tell them that they can do this but if the other player is scammed they will asked to give the item back if not that i can do nothing about it so i would advise against it.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would say that is is a perk form the store and that it only lasts only a little bit and that its just a game and that its okay.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
A command used in an inappropriate way. i would define that as abuse.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I would like to become a better person and learn how to be a better leader.

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: TradeDinoSenpai - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 10:26:16 PM »
Good luck on your application.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 11:52:55 PM »
5. Age:
16-Age is just a number mature people understand this.

This does not answer the question easily.

What is your age? Are you 16?

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
canada 24 hour

This is also another reason we would like to know your age. Please list your timezone. Canada yes, but what timezone?

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Minecraft owner on 1 server dev on 2 and youtube on 1

Can you please provide links to these groups/servers?

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would talk to the group that is offended by said comment and tell them that this comment is not offensive but if u think that it is your own choice but i do no think it if offensive.

So, you're telling someone who is offended of a topic, subject or joke, that they aren't allowed to be offended? Do you mean because you don't find it offensive, therefore it's not offensive?

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
i would report it to another admin but if they cant do anything about it i would take matters into my own hands and deal with the admin as such.

How would you "Deal" with this other Admin yourself? Attempt to remove him? Or approach in conversation?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I personally would not waste anytime and ask for evidence that said person is hacking if they are i would file the report as banned and leave it at that.

Whoa. You mean that because someone claimed for them to be hacking, instead of confirming it, you will just ban the user because they were reported?

Please also take the time to correct spelling and grammar mistakes. But please prioritize the age question. We would like to know it.

Take your time with your responses and editing.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 12:04:46 AM by ϟ ☠Lunarium Wolf☠ »

Offline Lil Caster

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 12:05:43 AM »
how about u guys be on ur server and not be lazy asses
i shouldent have to apply for somthing i do best
get of my lazy ass and so somthing sadly u guys do shit all

Offline Gerbil

• The Smallest, and Most Evil.
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Member
  • ᎣᏏᏲ ᏙᎯᏧ? ᎦᏙ ᏕᏣᏙᎠ?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 12:15:51 AM »

Well, you're sure to get the spot now.

"and so something" I'm going to assume you meant to type "do something" and this? This replying here? That's doing something. It's apart of our jobs.

May I ask, what you expected when you applied? Us to not call you out on your obvious mistakes? We're more thorough than that.
"It will take a bit of effort.. A bit of sweat and perhaps.. A bit of blood." - Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens (1922)

Offline Lil Caster

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 12:20:10 AM »
why are u never on server then to do anything

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 12:25:06 AM »

I'm sorry all of staff can't always be on all 60 of our available servers at the times of your convenience. If something is wrong, you may use the /report command to call for an Administrator.

Offline Gerbil

• The Smallest, and Most Evil.
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Member
  • ᎣᏏᏲ ᏙᎯᏧ? ᎦᏙ ᏕᏣᏙᎠ?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 12:26:41 AM »

Me? Just because you've never seen me on one, doesn't mean I'm never on the servers.
"It will take a bit of effort.. A bit of sweat and perhaps.. A bit of blood." - Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens (1922)

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 12:30:54 AM »

You told me that you were younger than what you claim on your application.

The rules for age may or may not change soon, as well as some other rules that we current have active. However, as it currently stands, you may not apply until you are the age that you are required to be.

I agree that age does not entirely define experience or maturity, but that's part of our current requirements for Staff. You can always help out in other ways. Reporting here on the forum is the most efficient way that you will get a response from the Admins, as we are always checking it.

You also seemed fairly impatient. I said that it would not be wise for you to apply and lie about your age, and yet you do it anyway.

My apologies. For now, you must meet the age requirement before you are able to re-apply again.

If you have any questions, you may make a post or message me on Steam or on the forums.

Application denied.