• May 11, 2024, 11:53:04 PM

Author Topic: Shaddie Quindecim - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 6549 times)

Offline Shaddie Quindecim

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Shaddie Quindecim - Game Server Admin Application
« on: June 04, 2016, 04:11:50 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
CDT

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I am a current HeadAdmin for a Gmod server. I was also a part of Human Resources for 2 Non-Profit Animation Studios which I quit on my own accord with due notice due to Real Life events. 

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I get on at least one of the servers quite often, and if I'm on them then at least being staff I could actually help.  Not to mention it would give me a bit to do when I've nothing better.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Depends on work hours.  So at least an hour or two a day at minimum if nothing comes up.

B. On the forums?
I am more likely to be active here then on the servers because of ease of use.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
A lot more recently though I did quit tf2 for a while before and I had this server in my favorites.  Actual in game time I'm not quite sure.  Maybe on days I spent some time on maybe a couple months at least, but it's been a while since I first got on.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fprofiles%2F76561198060454134

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
N/A

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
Anything serious is few and far between and I try not to think about it.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Strengths: Quick learner, intelligent, Adaptable.

Weaknesses: Competitive.  Not always, but this is definitely a something I've yet to really get rid of.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 6
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 6
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 5
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would ask them to stop first.  Further faults would result in a warning, then a mute.  Recurring faults would proceed to kicks, temporary bans and so forth.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would ask the player that made the remarks to try and refrain from saying it and explain why.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would request that they stop unless it is more obvious that the player is trolling.  If so, a temporary mute would come first and then the request.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would ask them personally to not abuse their powers.  Abuse of powers is one of the things I stand against in the server I administrate.  If I am ignored and it is continued I would take it a step higher if needed.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
If the report is current I would go investigate myself.  If not, request the username of the player and keep and eye out for them as well as mention it to other admins.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would correct the regular user.  False declaration of rules can lead to a chain of faults.  I would also tell them that they are not to threaten a ban as they are not an admin.  I would also warn that those together could be mistaken as "impersonating an admin" which is usually against the rules in most groups and servers.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Ask that they stop as their focus can be considered a form of harassment. 

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would talk to them and ask that they refrain from their actions.  I would further continue that any more will result in a kick to "cool them off".  If they return, increase the time.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
First state to the server not to accept the trade.  Then I would inform the player who offered the trade that that is a form of scamming and is against the rules.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I'm sorry that you were killed, but that is the way of the game.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I'm actually... really impressed with the resume style.  The questionnaire seems quite varied and it definitely looks like things are taken a bit seriously around here.  Hope to hear about this soon.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 09:59:58 PM by Shaddie Quindecim »

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Shaddie Quindecim - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 05:15:01 AM »
Quote from: http://steamcommunity.com/id/rekain/stats/TF2
Playtime (hours):
58.4 last two weeks
697.03 on record

Quote from: Application Requirements
You must have at least 1,000 total hours on Team Fortress 2.*

Hades

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 05:54:48 AM »
Playtime (hours):
58.4 last two weeks
697.03 on record

Hades

I have more than 1k as shown via steam's actual count http://i.imgur.com/cbTCbrD.png In my library

Offline mia

• TF2SS's Little Pwincess~
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Bunny is my happiness. <3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 09:42:20 AM »
Playtime (hours):
58.4 last two weeks
697.03 on record

Hades

I have more than 1k as shown via steam's actual count http://i.imgur.com/cbTCbrD.png In my library
Why don't the names match? The name in the screen is different, from your current name...
Tiny Baby Legs

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 11:18:40 AM »
Regarding the playtime hours, we found it to be unreliable awhile back. The applicant does meet the 1000 total hours requirement as he has 1195 hours.
AFK like JFK

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 11:33:18 AM »
Playtime (hours):
58.4 last two weeks
697.03 on record

Hades

Why don't the names match? The name in the screen is different, from your current name...
  The name at the very top right next to the account balance is your log in name, not your current steam name.  The steam name will show along the list With the Store Community and Library

Offline mia

• TF2SS's Little Pwincess~
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Bunny is my happiness. <3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 01:35:12 PM »
Playtime (hours):
58.4 last two weeks
697.03 on record

Hades

The name at the very top right next to the account balance is your log in name, not your current steam name.  The steam name will show along the list With the Store Community and Library
I apologize, it was early for me, so I was not fully awake.
Tiny Baby Legs

Offline Yee B Games

• Chef
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
  • Where's the F****** lamb sauce?!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 11:36:55 AM »
Just gonna point this out.
I highly suggest fixing all grammatical errors in your application. Regardless of that, I think that this app is pretty decent. Just go over it and re-read it a few times, then you'll be on your way to having a good app.
Go on then. You Pompous F***

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 12:40:04 PM »
Just gonna point this out.
I highly suggest fixing all grammatical errors in your application. Regardless of that, I think that this app is pretty decent. Just go over it and re-read it a few times, then you'll be on your way to having a good app.

The only errors I see are a couple of "possible" run-on sentences and the fact that I didn't put things like "I would" at the beginning.  I personally don't see why that would be an issue as the statements I made are concise enough to convey the proper message that I'm trying to get across.  Since I don't fully see the grammatical errors I can really only ask that you point them out as I can't fix what I can't see.

Offline Yee B Games

• Chef
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 01:56:04 PM »
You have multiple issues within your answers... Just to list a few, here is a list of the errors that I had found inside of your app:
•Run-on sentences
•Comma Splicing
•Misspelled words
•awkward phrasing
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You had asked me list a few places where you have these errors, however you said yourself that you can see some of these errors. In-fact, almost every response that you have has a few of these errors.
I would again suggest going through your answers and carefully fixing said errors.
If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 05:46:33 PM »

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Current HeadAdmin for a Gmod server as well as previous Human Resources for 2 Non-Profit Animation Studios which I quit on my own accord with due notice due to Real Life events. 

Does this Gmod server have a group? If so, can you provide a link to it?

B. On the forums?
More likely to be active here then on the servers because of ease of use.

Can you give an estimated time (daily, twice a week, etc.?)

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
Anything serious is few and far between and I try not to think about it.

Are you sure you can't give any example? It can be literally anything.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Ask them personally to not as abuse of powers is one of the things I stand against in the server I administrate.  If ignored and if continued take it a step higher if needed.

Can you state what kind of step(s) you would take to handle/remedy the situation?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
If current, go investigate myself. [...]

Can you go into further detail?

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Ask that they stop as their focus can be considered a form of harassment. 

There is no rule that states that it isn't allowed to kill other players. If there was, it would be very biased considering that the point in what it is considered against the rules is up to the Admin that's handling the situation.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Talk to them and ask that they refrain from their actions, further continue that any more will result in a kick to "cool them off" If they return, increase the time.

Would you just continue to temporarily mute them if they didn't stop?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
First state to the server not to accept the trade, then tell the player who offered that that is a form of scamming and is against the rules.

What would you do if they continued to try to scam new people that joined the server?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 09:34:27 PM by BloodRain »

Offline Yee B Games

• Chef
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 12:17:10 PM »
Please respond to Blood's questions.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2016, 09:48:41 PM »
5: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PAPonyDarkRP# 

8: Probably at least a couple times a day to at least look over anything new or important.

11: Last one was when my sister and her husband were fighting and I tried to stop it.

D: First I would PM them, most likely through steam, to request that they stop.  If they continue and ignore me I'd ask again.  If they get rude with me and continue then I'd report it to a more senior admin. If asked again and they continue to ignore I would again go and report it to a senior.

E:  I'd go onto the server that is in question and I would find if the player that is in question is still on.  If so I'd spectate them to make sure whether or not they are indeed hacking and if they are I would ban them.  If they are not online or leave as soon as I join then I'd keep the name and mention it to other admins so that they can keep an eye on it just in case.

G:  Yes, I understand that.  I was just saying that that sort of focus can be considered as a form of harassment, depending on how the situation has and is being played out.

H: No, after the first kick if they continued to return and complain the time they are made to leave the server would increase

I:  I'd kick him from the server, and probably ask a senior admin if that would warrant a temporary ban or to wait.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2016, 10:41:09 PM »
H: No, after the first kick if they continued to return and complain the time they are made to leave the server would increase

Ah. My apologies for misreading your response to this question.

Thanks for responding.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2016, 10:17:10 PM »

Ah. My apologies for misreading your response to this question.

Thanks for responding.

Not a problem, and I did some editing to try and fix the minor but somewhat numerous grammatical errors.