• May 03, 2024, 11:30:00 PM

Author Topic: ThatOneGuy.exe | Trade.tf - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4910 times)

Offline ThatOneGuy.exe | Trade.tf

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
ThatOneGuy.exe | Trade.tf - Game Server Admin Application
« on: November 05, 2016, 01:23:53 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
I do not know any of the admins personally or have any relations with one.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Pacific

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have been a leader in my high school for the past few years now, I've been in leadership classes, I've been the scout master in a medium-large sized boy scout troop, I'm well respected and don't joke around (most all the time) in my school.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
to help the people who aren't able to get an admin on at the point in time where they need one to help take care of scammers, hackers, and in general annoying people.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Roughly 2-4 hours a day if homework permits

B. On the forums?
Whenever i need to (Al

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
A long time, this is the 4th server I added to my favorites about 1-1.5 years ago (This is a rough estimate).

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
A little bit of Japanese, I'm taking classes on the language. I'm in my second year of learning it.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198155012682

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I don't have any alternate accounts but i can make them when needed.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I'm a very mellow person I don't lose my temper much at all, the last time that happened has got to be years ago.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I don't really tend to take garbage from anyone, no matter who they are. I think that is an up side. A downside would be I'm pretty lenient, I'm the person who give someone a second chance if needed.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 10
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 9
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 10
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would give them a first warning to cut it out if they seize to stop, I wound ban them for a day probably and then if they get back on and do the same ban them for a week and then so on and so forth.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would tell the offenders to please be polite to the other player.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would mute them personally, but i would give them a few warnings to stop and then possibly ban them for about 10-30 minutes.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would report them to the forum and hopefully have someone help me deal with them, in the mean time, i would try to suggest they stop and persuade them to stop with the exploitation

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would get on the server and asses what is going on, investigate what is going on, then if the accusations are true, I would ban the player.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would prove the accuser wrong and cite the rules from the forum.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I wouldn't even care. It's all just a game in the end. So, i would make the best out of it, maybe get some kills of on them or something.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would suggest that they calm down a few times, if it doesn't work, I would ban them from the server for probably 10 minutes to let them cool off.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would ban them for scamming probably for a day and if they continue, I would ban them for a week then so on and so forth.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell them to calm down, it is only a game and encourage them to keep playing

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
An admin abusing their power, no matter the circumstances to get what THEY want done weather it's hurt the players or the server.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I fell that i would feel accomplished in the sense that i will be able to help the people who play in the server have a better time by helping maintain what is one of my favorite severs.

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: ThatOneGuy.exe | Trade.tf - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 03:51:46 PM »
I don't really tend to take garbage from anyone, no matter who they are. I think that is an up side. A downside would be I'm pretty lenient, I'm the person who give someone a second chance if needed.
You say you're a pretty lenient person yet you "don't tend to take garbage from anyone, no matter who they are"? Your rating on attribute: Patience "Patient: 10". Please explain what you mean by this.

An admin abusing their power, no matter the circumstances to get what THEY want done weather it's hurt the players or the server.
Please elaborate on your response as I'm not understanding what you're intending to say here.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 04:00:42 PM »
You say you're a pretty lenient person yet you "don't tend to take garbage from anyone, no matter who they are"? Your rating on attribute: Patience "Patient: 10". Please explain what you mean by this.

Please elaborate on your response as I'm not understanding what you're intending to say here.
An admin going on to the server doing things like going into noclip with godmode on farming kills.

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 04:11:24 PM »

Please answer this question.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 12:25:02 PM »

Please answer this question.
I wouldn't care about their relation with the server or their position/status among the other players, I would do what has to be done, however if they need time to think I can give them that time.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 02:16:27 PM »
14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I'm a very mellow person I don't lose my temper much at all, the last time that happened has got to be years ago.

Care explaining what happened that day?
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 05:07:12 PM »
When I was like 5 or 6 I wasn't aloud to go to my friends birthday-party that I was looking forward to for multiple months. I know, it's not very mature, but it was multiple years ago.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 07:21:58 PM »
Application: Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 3 months have passed.

Application denied.
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.