• May 14, 2024, 04:55:48 PM

Author Topic: TheSipow - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3957 times)

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
TheSipow - Game Server Admin Application
« on: June 15, 2016, 07:18:03 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:
15 Birth date is March 25, 2001

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
UTC-05:00

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Well, I'll start off with some IRL things first. I play a few instruments and every now and then I get some gigs. I have to manage where I play and the money I earn. But let's move on to something more related to game experience. You can make fun of me for it, but I used to be a moderator on a fairly popular Minecraft server two years ago. After two months of being a Mod, I was promoted to an admin. It stayed that way for a little more than a year. Pretty soon, the server became cancerous to me. I resigned, and later quit MC.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goals: I want to help out the community as much as I can, greet new players, and get along with the staff as well. I'll punish who needs to be punished and help who needs to be helped. When a player comes on for the first time, I'll make sure they'll want to come back. I want each visit a player has to be fun. I don't want the community to deal with hackers, scammers, and people in that criteria. I love this community and I want it to stay clean.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Already I spend 2-5 hours a day on the servers. But mind the fact that I might be busy on the weekends.

B. On the forums?
I never spent much time on the forums before, but I can work on fixing that.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
First got on at the end of September of 2015. Started coming on daily at around Halloween.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2Fthesipowizlove%2F

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
I'd say a time I lost self control was in a pub about a couple months ago (TF2). There was a hacker on this pub and a medic and I went all out against him, It was pretty fun. Eventually, though, he started getting angry with me. He started to target me and me only, At first it wasn't much of a problem. But after targeting me and only me, he thought he could make up some excuses to try to and kick me. That's when I got pissed. But I didn't try to do anything about it, I never said anything in chat. Didn't trash talk him, nothing of that sort. "It's just a game," I thought. All I did was try to votekick him back and *poof*, he was gone.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Strengths:
-I can  brighten up almost any bad situation.
-It's hard for me to really be mad at anyone.
-Unless it's personal, nothing can really shake me up.
-I treat strangers like friends if they're nice back.
-Mature when I need to be.

Weaknesses
-Annoying sometimes
-Slow thinker
-Sometimes gets really depressed

Something that may be considered neutral is that I'm not really afraid to say what's on my mind.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 4
  • Creative: 5
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 5
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 6

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
"Stop with the racism. It's not funny and your offending a lot of people, keep your opinions to yourself. If you keep going I will mute/gag you!" (Depends if it's in chat or voicechat.)
Now I wouldn't say those exact words, it depends on the situation. This is just an example.
I give a warning and if it happens again they will be muted or gagged.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I'd ask the players how and why they found it offensive. If they were reasonable and honest answers, I'd warn the player making the remarks and mute or gag them if they continued. If they were silly answers or just some guys joking around, Id leave them be.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I'd set a vote up to see if it can keep going. If the majority is yes, the noise can continue. If the majority is no, I'd warn them and (if it continued) mute them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
If they are just having fun with friends or other admins I wouldn't worry about it. (Same can be said if what they were doing were followed up by a vote). If it was serious, though, I would go to the forums and report them with good evidence.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I'd go to that server (incognito) before answering, I'd bring another admin with me to make sure if they actually are hacking. If they are, I would ban the hacker and tell the reporter what happened. If we think they aren't hacking, I'd tell the reporter that their assumed "Hacker" wasn't hacking and that they should continue playing their game without worry.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Tell the player being threatened that I am an actual admin and the player making up rules and such should be ignored. I'll also tell the player pretending to be an admin to stop or they'll  be kicked.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I might be a little enraged but I would ignore them without saying anything about it.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Warn them, "I don't care what you think of me, but don't disrespect other players and especially the server your playing on. Don't test me, you will be muted if you continue."

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Warn the scammer that scamming isn't allowed and tell them they have no power to give godmode. They'd be muted if they keep claiming they can give said godmode.
But if they have already scammed someone and there's hard evidence, they will be banned.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
"It's just a game. It's your credits, your responsibility. Sorry."

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I'm kind of afraid that if I am selected to become admin, I'd screw up somehow. But I hope to make a good impression and help out the community as best as I can. My friends have encouraged me to this and I hope I can do an amazing job doing what I do.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 08:49:18 PM by TheSipow »
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: TheSipow - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 08:44:08 PM »

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: TheSipow - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 09:33:18 PM »
You're about 10 months away from turning 16 and therefore you are too young to apply for administration at this time.

As a result, your application has been denied.

You may reapply again once you have met our requirements.