• May 14, 2024, 05:21:37 PM

Author Topic: Stiff Almonds - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4467 times)

Offline Stiff Almonds

• Forum Visitor
  • The man you'll never be.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Stiff Almonds - Game Server Admin Application
« on: June 25, 2016, 03:41:28 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Managed a few G+ servers, nothing impressive.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I like the server. I'm here more often then I honestly should be. I've got a lot of hours on TF2. Most of 'em were clocked here. No Idle. And I see people breakin' rules alot.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Too much. 10 a day, if it doesn't rain.

B. On the forums?
Once a week. That'll probably if this gets accepted, though.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
For a long time.  A couple years, I believe. Not sure how long, but this group was definitely early.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
None.

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
Not atm, but that might change so. I'll let someone important know if it happens.

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
Once upon a time, I knew a human. I had a large affinity for this human. Until one day another human told this human something I didn't want it to know. And I slowly watched it's affinity for me shrink. And once upon a Saturday night, after several stiff ones, and an herb wrapped in paper, I attempted something rash, failed, and was put in the loony. I still haven't heard from that human. Sorry if that was cringe-y to read, but I don't know what else that question would mean.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I'm a walking meme, so I don't have a large array of emotions, so I hardly get mad these days. That's the strength. A weakness would be; you know how if you loose a sense, the others are stronger? That's the case with me. Emotion wise.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 10
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 5
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 10
  • Compassionate: 6
  • Troubleshooter: 5

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Slap a warning on 'em, and if it continues, a mute (I.E., Gag)

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Tell them to work on it. And not to be offended easily. Unless the remark had something to do with gender, sex, race, or sexual orientation.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Warning. Gag and Mute.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Let a higher up know, talk to him/her. Let him/her know it's exploiting, in case they didn't know, which they really should've.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
See if it's true. Let them know it might be a store perk. Ask if [username] is.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Gag that regular. Let the player know that the regular is not an admin, and that the rule doesn't exist. and prove my adminship to them.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Get dominated. or git gud.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
If screaming, Mute, if comments turn to spam, gag. Otherwise, tell em to be better at videogames.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Offer a warning, tell all players that he is not an admin, and that he cannot give any kind of godmode. If he/she persists, a gag.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
"Sorry man, it happens. But there are no rules broken."

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
It doesn't feel a lot different. I try to tell people actual rules. It's like goin' from a vigilante to a cop. I think it'd be smart to let me be an admin. The only reason I'm not on your server right now, at 5:40 AM, is because TF2 crashed. I'm on alot. And I love the server.
This reply, brought thoughtfully to you by Stiff Almonds.

Offline Stiff Almonds

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Stiff Almonds - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 03:48:11 AM »
I meant G+ Groups, rather than G+ Servers. Not that it matters much.

Offline Stiff Almonds

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 03:50:28 AM »
"B. On the forums?
Once a week. That'll probably if this gets accepted, though."
                                        ^
                                   change

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 08:36:07 AM »
Player: ♥๖Dr.Lector♥   
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:39658625
Steam3 ID: [U:1:79317251]
Steam Community: 76561198039582979
Invoked on: 08-15-15 01:31
Banlength: 1 hr (Expired)
Unban reason: no reason present
Unbanned by Admin: CONSOLE
Expires on: 08-15-15 02:31
Reason: Insulting Admins, Fleeing Afterwords.
Banned from: TF2SS.COM #20 | Trade/Idle | FREE PERKS
Total Bans: No previous bans
Blocked (1):    ♥๖Dr.Lector♥

Quote from: Application Guidelines
You cannot have a bad reputation on our servers because of bans, mutes, gags, etc. enacted in the past.

Hades

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 10:47:49 AM »
Considering this minor ban was made nearly a year ago, I am considering changing the guidelines to reflect flexibility to that. People after all, do change.

Do you still remember the situation that happened when you were banned?

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 10:52:49 AM »
"B. On the forums?
Once a week. That'll probably if this gets accepted, though."
                                        ^
                                   change
Change by how much?

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 10:53:51 AM »
10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
Not atm, but that might change so. I'll let someone important know if it happens.
Why do you think this might change in the next upcoming 7 days?

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
Once upon a time, I knew a human. I had a large affinity for this human. Until one day another human told this human something I didn't want it to know. And I slowly watched it's affinity for me shrink. And once upon a Saturday night, after several stiff ones, and an herb wrapped in paper, I attempted something rash, failed, and was put in the loony. I still haven't heard from that human. Sorry if that was cringe-y to read, but I don't know what else that question would mean.
So how did you feel and how did you cope with this situation?

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I'm a walking meme, so I don't have a large array of emotions, so I hardly get mad these days. That's the strength. A weakness would be; you know how if you loose a sense, the others are stronger? That's the case with me. Emotion wise.
Can you list another weakness as well please?

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
Logical: 10
Patient: 7
Reactive: 10
Creative: 9
Polite: 5
Reasonable: 10
Objective: 7
Perceptive: 10
Compassionate: 6
Troubleshooter: 5
Why do you believe that, of all the characteristics listed, you are the least polite?

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Tell them to work on it. And not to be offended easily. Unless the remark had something to do with gender, sex, race, or sexual orientation.
What if the player is just being insulted about how they "suck at the game," etc.?

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Warning. Gag and Mute.
What if the servers' players enjoy the micspam (good music)?

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Let a higher up know, talk to him/her. Let him/her know it's exploiting, in case they didn't know, which they really should've.
You're using too many pronouns here. Who are you referring to when you say "him/her" in the second sentence?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
See if it's true. Let them know it might be a store perk. Ask if [username] is.
Ask if username is what? I don't think you finished the sentence. Also, what if the player actually is hacking?

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Gag that regular. Let the player know that the regular is not an admin, and that the rule doesn't exist. and prove my adminship to them.
What if the admin impersonator rejoins to impersonate again?

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Get dominated. or git gud.
So are you just going to sit in spawn doing nothing?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Offer a warning, tell all players that he is not an admin, and that he cannot give any kind of godmode. If he/she persists, a gag.
What if the player rejoins to do the same thing again?

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
"Sorry man, it happens. But there are no rules broken."
What if the player continues to complain more that he / she lost their credits?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 11:00:56 AM by ¤The Flying Knife¤ »

Offline Stiff Almonds

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2016, 02:59:45 PM »
Why do you think this might change in the next upcoming 7 days?
Not up coming seven days, but some time at all. I share this account with a relative, and he'll sometimes do things like remove people he doesn't know, change name, ect.

So how did you feel and how did you cope with this situation?
Felt pretty helpless about it. Like there was no changing what was happening, no matter what I said or did. And I coped with playing games more online than offline. To make social contact to keep my mind off of it after words all that happened.

Can you list another weakness as well please?
I put a lot of faith in friendship, so, I can be gullible at times.

Why do you believe that, of all the characteristics listed, you are the least polite?
I went to my dictionary, to truly understand what polite means, and I don't feel I act that way. Unintentionally. Sure, I'm respectful, but I see from a 3rd perspective that I might seem rude, though I don't mean it.

What if the player is just being insulted about how they "suck at the game," etc.?
I wouldn't get too involved in that. Probably join his team to help the poor soul, but that's really a petty squabble. I might tell the other people to be a bit nicer, and we all can't be mlg 360noscope faze pros.

What if the servers' players enjoy the micspam (good music)?
Personally, I like micspamm, so long as it's done professionally, and not played over a mic lazily. That being said, I'd have to say the same. I'd tell 'im to go to a mic spam server. It's just simply not allowed here.

You're using too many pronouns here. Who are you referring to when you say "him/her" in the second sentence?
The Admin. Sorry!

Ask if username is what? I don't think you finished the sentence. Also, what if the player actually is hacking?
"ask if username is.(Ask it they're speedhacking)
And if they are, ban 'em.

So are you just going to sit in spawn doing nothing?
I might. Or leave spawn and continue to get my ass handed to me. Though I used to, I don't get too mad a these things anymore. I mean, this has happened before, and as long as it's not, like, four dudes, I can manage to come out on top some how, but if it's in unfair circumstances, then yeah,I'll probably only do one of the two.

What if the player rejoins to do the same thing again?
Give 'em a few day ban, they've already gotten a warning. They know better.

What if the player continues to complain more that he / she lost their credits?
"I'm sorry, I really am, that was a damn waste, but, like I said, no rules are broken here.

Change by how much?
Two times a day.

Do you still remember the situation that happened when you were banned?
I do. I took the situation a little seriously, because whatever the hacker was doing, was annoying the hell 'outta me, though I don't remember what. And my message to an admin was a little rude, and it was a little rude because I had sent several unresponded !reports with nobody responding.

For Hades quoting the "You cannot have a bad reputation on our servers because of bans, mutes, gags, etc. enacted in the past.", I don't really feel like that makes a bad reputation. That statement should probably be changed to "You cannot have any bans, mutes, gags, ect., because for a one hour ban, one time, you can't really build a bad reputation on that, can you? Not tryin' to be disrespectful, but I'm jus' sayin'. I have changed since that situation, though. And I do apologize for it. I probably would've PMed someone if the rule was phrased like that, instead of a rep.

Offline Stiff Almonds

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 06:11:45 PM »

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2016, 01:12:40 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 3 month have passed.

Application denied.