• May 13, 2024, 10:31:37 PM

Author Topic: luzey - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3565 times)

Offline luzey

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
luzey - Game Server Admin Application
« on: June 26, 2016, 05:53:58 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
US central

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
i have not had any experience being an admin of any server on any game.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
i want to enforce the rules and make Swapshop servers a high ranking server.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
i can say i can spend a great deal of time on the servers. 12-14 hours a day on the server looking after it.

B. On the forums?
i can be on  the forums as much as i'm on tf2. i have 2 laptops i can use at the same time.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
At least 3 months now. i don't remember the exact date i joined but i have found out that Swapshop was one of the best servers and i like to go there a lot.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2Fluzeyisbae%2F

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
i have no other accounts.

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
well, i was being friendly one day and this player kept killing me for no reason even after i said i was friendly. He did this for maybe 4-5 months and it made me angry. I started to rage hard at the player and this only made him want to kill me more. eventually i got better at the game and started killing him. it was the greatest time of my tf2 career and he eventually stopped killing me and i found out he had been a mod and had it taken away already for being abusive and using Noclip to find other player and kill them.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
alright, i am a very good people-person. i love talking to people, i love playing with people. but sometimes i do lose my temper and that's definitely a weakness. its rare but if i do lose it i tend to dominate this player over and over. now as a mod/admin i can not do this because i have power and need to set an example to the other players.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 6
  • Troubleshooter: 9

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
i would give the player a warning first. if he kept saying racial comments i would gag him for a short time. then a kick if he kept going.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
i would give the person a warning, and if they continued they would receive a short gag, and if they did once again i would probably have to kick the person. and sadly if the person came back id put a short ban on him. and so on until a permanent ban comes to play.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
if they ignored my warning i would give them a gag of 20 minutes. hopefully that would stop the problem and he wouldn't mic spam and he would learn his lesson so i wouldn't have to kick.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
i would tell them to quit it and if they ignored i would have to report him in the forums section and take screenshots to prove that that admin would be doing that.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
i would spectate the player to find out if he is for a short-medium while. if i found it out that he was speed hacking then he would receive a ban of a few days-month depending on what he had done.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
is the regular user an admin? ill give both sides just in case. if the regular user is an admin i fill out a report form on tf2 or go to the forums and report him there. if its just a regular person that comes there alot, then i will just give them a warning to not impersonate a mod and then kick if they keep doing it.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
i will try and fight back, and not abuse the position of being a admin. i would either leave the server or fight back. it wouldn't bother me really. i am used to be dominated. i usually just chill with the friendlies. and probably they would leave too. maybe they are just trolls that try and ruin someone else's day.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
 i would first give them a warning then i would gag them after players start to complain. then if they got un-gagged and kept doing it would be a kick.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
i would immediately ban them because that is scamming. the ban would last for a few days. i would take screenshots to prove of him scamming and report him.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
tell the player that its fair game for people to kill you. if you don't want to be killed or take the chance of being killed then stay in spawn.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
my feelings are pretty hopeful right now. i filled it out to the best of my ability and if i dont get it the first time ill just retry in a couple of months(3). I'm glad i had the opportunity to fill out this application!

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: luzey - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 06:11:53 PM »
Playtime (hours):
91.6 last two weeks
144.45 on record

247 hrs on record
last played on Jun 26

You must have at least 1000 hours total on TF2, if you read our application guidelines.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 06:24:42 PM »
And hey, look at what I found...

Player   luzey is a duzey of a guzey   
Steam ID   STEAM_0:1:119948064
Steam3 ID   [U:1:239896129]
Steam Community   76561198200161857
Invoked on   06-12-16 03:01
Block length   1 hr (Expired)
Unblock reason   no reason present
Unblocked by Admin   CONSOLE
Expires on   06-12-16 04:01
Reason   Inappropriate Language
Blocked by Admin   Psykotik
Blocked from   TF2SS.COM #35 | Trade/Idle | FREE PERKS
Total Blocks   2 (search)
Comments   None

Player   luzeyguzey   
Steam ID   STEAM_0:1:119948064
Steam3 ID   [U:1:239896129]
Steam Community   76561198200161857
Invoked on   04-04-16 15:40
Block length   30 min (Expired)
Unblock reason   no reason present
Unblocked by Admin   CONSOLE
Expires on   04-04-16 16:10
Reason   Slurs
Blocked by Admin   Strum
Blocked from   TF2SS.COM #05 | Trade/Idle | FREE PERKS
Total Blocks   2 (search)
Comments   None
AFK like JFK

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 06:41:52 PM »
http://steamcommunity.com/id/luzeyisbae/
Quote from: Luzey's Steam Profile
Team Fortress 2:
247 hrs on record

You need at least 1000 total hours in Team Fortress 2.

Application denied. You may re-apply once you have met this requirement.