• May 13, 2024, 11:23:47 PM

Author Topic: |DBW|Totally Satan - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3865 times)

Offline |DBW|Totally Satan

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
|DBW|Totally Satan - Game Server Admin Application
« on: June 26, 2016, 11:34:25 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Central

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I  own a small raffling and giveaway group for tf2,and I am partnered with another group

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I think I could provide a fun,silly personality while when neccisary provide a serious,and rule following person

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
atleast an hour a day

B. On the forums?
atleast 1-2 hours a week

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
About a year

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
 | steamname: |DBW|Totally Satan
|  steam3ID: [U:1:218282826]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:109141413
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198178548554
| customURL:
|  steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198178548554

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
Once I was dealing with a very obnoixious person and I managed to control myself by breathing in

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I believe while being level headed is one of my strengths,while I can be a bit slow when it comes to quick thinking and I like to make decisions that I feel would be right but might seem a bit insensitive and  lead me to be swayed more in making a desicion becuase of how I feel at the moment.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 6
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 4
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 5
  • Objective: 3
  • Perceptive: 4
  • Compassionate: 5
  • Troubleshooter: 4

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Tell them that making racist comments is against the rules and warn him of getting a gag/mute,and if he continues to do it he will get a gag/mute for a day.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Tell them all to mute that person so they would not be able to hear them on the mic or see what they say in chat.And if they don't stop freaking out I will warn them that if they don't stop I might mute/gag them for a few hours.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Tell them that Micspamming is against the rules and warn them of a mute,and if they continue I would mute them for 1-2 hours

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Warn them about how abusing powers is against server rules and then file a report about him and try to get a screenshot for proof.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would say the name,the steam id,how long they were on the server,their score and class,how they were playing,and a video to prove.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will warn them that impersinating an admin is against server rules and could get them kicked or temp-ban,and that threating might result in a gag/mute.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I ask them why they are trying to completly dominate me and if I get an awnser and it's a reason such as I am an admin,I will remind them i am still just a tf2 player.And if I don't get an awnser I will tell them to leave me alone and remind them of the rule of being respectful towards admins.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Warn them about the rules of being respectful,tell them to calm down or the may get a gag/mute and if they do not comply I will ban them for a few days and once the come back and are still mad I might perma-ban them.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Warn everyone on the server that you cannot get godmode from admins or trading but from !shop and tell that player that false trades/phishing is not allowed,and gag/mute them for a few days.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Tell them that the shop slaying them although it costs lots of credits,was probably to keep from them dominating all of the enemy team.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
Mostly nervous and excited,maybe a bit scared.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: |DBW|Totally Satan - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 11:24:23 AM »

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 6
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 4
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 5
  • Objective: 3
  • Perceptive: 4
  • Compassionate: 5
  • Troubleshooter: 4

Why do you score yourself so low on most of the attributes and you did not score yourself higher than 7 on the others?

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I ask them why they are trying to completly dominate me and if I get an awnser and it's a reason such as I am an admin,I will remind them i am still just a tf2 player.And if I don't get an awnser I will tell them to leave me alone and remind them of the rule of being respectful towards admins.

Why would you consider the player constantly killing you (being answered or not) admin disrespect?

I will want to say as well I see contrast on this answer (being the blue and red parts). If you say you're still a normal player, why would you say it's admin disrespect?
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline Sleezy Genie (Impersonated)

• Kekugee - Kekistan Refugee
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
  • Braindead Memer
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 02:47:47 PM »
One of the initial issues that I noticed was what seemed to be a lack of and very small projected amount of time that you would spend on the servers and on the forums.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
atleast an hour a day

B. On the forums?
atleast 1-2 hours a week

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
About a year

Now grant-it I'm not on the forums too much either, but I'm still on more than that, over all the amount of time you claim troubles me and seems very low. But I will also keep in mind that you say "at least"

My question for you is do you think you put these numbers to low, and/or would you be willing and be on more once you had been admin for awhile

When I went back to read it again I noticed this too as a possible issue:
5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I  own a small raffling and giveaway group for tf2,and I am partnered with another group

My only fear is that this could cause conflict in the fact of which group you are more loyal to and devoting time to in terms of tf2 and just other general loyal, devotion, and time amount issues if you end up also trying to focus on these other current groups, raffle groups/sites, etc.

I'd also like to point out back to Hamtaro for pointing out concerns or questions that I have too.

most of your responses seem generally okay, although they may be a little basic or a little off at times, but when it comes to those i always talk about being able to properly teach people and the fact that every situation is very unique, making those questions harder at times.

I cannot give a definitive yes or no at this point in time, I'd recommend responding to out comments and adding some meat onto your app.
Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 03:35:24 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

Since I had accidentially disregarded the inactivity of this application, I will shorten your re-apply date to 1 month. Apologies on my behalf.

Application denied.