• May 07, 2024, 02:24:23 PM

Author Topic: Mind*freak - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4886 times)

Offline MIND*FREAK

• Forum Visitor
  • Never let someone else tell you who you are.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Mind*freak - Game Server Admin Application
« on: November 10, 2016, 10:26:34 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
I sadly do not not wish to acknowledge the relationships I have with current or non current admins.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:
21 years old

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
central zone

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I supervised a minecraft back when that game was amazing to play. I held a consular position at Tomahawk scout reservation from the age of 16-20 where I would teach merit badge classes on topics ranging from star gazing to life saving and sailboating. I currently hold a shift manager position at Perkins, I just recently accepted a job as an assistant manager at Fedex. I recently left my job as a lead supervisor at the daycare at my local YMCA. I also recently stepped down from my position as the president of the IT club at my college due to taking a break from my studies until next fall.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goals in this community are to keep it a toxic free environment where everyone can feel comfortable with being themselves while still adhering to the rules. I wish to hold this position so I can help to rebuild the community into the strong community it once was or make it great again.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I can anywhere from 7-8 on the servers per day.

B. On the forums?
I currently spend 2 hours on the servers a day and plan on continuing to be that active on the forums.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have been playing on Tf2ss servers since march of this year so about 9 months.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
I speak/write Spanish and some Gaelic.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198289893124

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
N/A

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
At my first job in highschool I was constantly the butt end of racist jokes from my boss. At this point in my life I was not as able to ignore racist people let alone someone who had more authority over me. One day after dealing with it for 6 months I got sick of it and reported him to Human Resources where they fired him. Even though I was very hurt and angry with him to the point where I wanted to hit him, I didn't.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I consider my creativeness and my patience with people suffering with issues as my strengths. I am the type of person who when put in a situation where I may not have the correct or ideal equipment or material to deal with the given situation or project, I will use things that may not seem like they would work but in the end do. I always find a creative way to approach a problem.  My job at fedex office and print center requires me to be as creative as I can. My patience with people struggling with issues in life is another one of my strengths. This comes from my caring nature that I posses. I am always there for people whether I know them very well, a little bit or not at all. I am good at helping people come up with ways to cope with  anxiety, depression, etc, alot of this spurs from experiences with these issues in my own life. I am always trying to make people smile.

My weakness is that I suffer with a form of anxiety that causes me to think of the negatives in my life and to believe that they will happen. This weakness has effected my life in negative ways several times, one time includes me coming off impatient in my last attempt of applying for admin. Even though this has been a weakness for me throughout my entire life I have learned to control and grow as a person.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 5
  • Troubleshooter: 8
  • Honest: 8

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
If someone is making racist comments I will issue a verbal warning to the person that these kinds of comments are against the community/server rules. They are also very rude and inconsiderate to other players on the server they may be offended or hurt whether you meant to offend them or not. I will make it clear that if they continue after a few verbal warnings I will gag/mute them for 30 mins for making inappropriate and racist comments. If they continue making these comments after their 30 minute gag/mute is over, I will either mute/gag them for 4 hours or ban them depending on the severity of the comments and their previous history with mutes/gags/bans.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
If players are being offended by remarks a player is saying that I myself do not find offensive, I will actively listen to the comments made by the "offensive player in order to determine if the remarks are just dumb banter or remarks that are intended to hurt or offended other players on the server. If I find the remarks to be just banter I will nicely ask the individual to cut back on the banter. If the remarks are indeed offensive I will issues a verbal warning to the the player letting them know they are making remarks that other players being hurt or are finding offensive and to please stop. If the behavior doesn't stop after 3 warnings I will issue a mute/gag for 30 minutes.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
If a player is micspamming, I will issue a verbal or message warning asking them to please use the mic only when needed to communicate with other players such as during talking with a friend or anything that is appropriate time to be said. If warned individual continues to micspam being given 3 warnings by me or another admin, I will issue a mute/gag for 30 mins. If the individual continues after the 30 minutes of being mute are over, I will mute individual 1 hour and increasing the mute time by an hour if the behavior continues.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
If I feel that I am in a good position or have a decent relationship with the admin  I would confront them in a message that the behavior they portraying is exploitation of their admin privileges and will be punishable. If I do not think I can stop the behavior, or have a relationship where I can easily approach them I will resort to recording the behavior or screenshotting their command log and passing it on to head admins to deal with.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I will connect to the server that the report hack is coming from and spectate the accused player. I will watch to see how long the highspeed last. If it lasts more than 30 seconds as a rolled perk on the server or longer than 1 minute as a bought perk from the server stores I will check the chat log to see if they bought it from the server since the speed perk is able to be bought and is fair to the game play since it is limited to a certain amount of time. If it was not purchased from the store and it lasts longer than the allotted times, than I will issues a permanent ban on the player since the servers have a zero hacking tolerance.the reason for the ban will be use of a speed hack.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will tell the regular that this behavior is considers scamming and impersonation of an admin since admins are the only ones with access or permission to ban a player.  I will give them a warning and if they continue to impersonate an admin I will permanently ban them for admin impersonation.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I will not do anything because being dominate in tf2 happens. It is something that you can't really avoid. It is also nothing to get mad over.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I will give them a verbal warning, clarifying that what is being said is not appropriate behavior and if it is towards me that it is admin disrespect. I would give them 3 verbal warnings to stop the disrespectful behavior, if it continues after the 3 warnings I will issue a mute/gag for 1 day. or a ban for 1 day depending on the severity.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will tell the regular that they do not have the power to give anyone godmode and asking someone for items in return for an action they cannot fulfill  is considered scamming and that it is not allowed on the servers. I will tell them to stop and if  they continue trying to scam people for items in return of "godmode". I will issue a permanent ban on them for scamming.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I will tell them that being killed after buying a perk happens to all of us. Yes it does suck because you may have been saving those credits for a while or donated a favorite item for the credits. Ill tell then to hold their head up and continue having as much fun as they can and it is a game and being killed doesn't make then any less cool as a person or player.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
I define admin abuse as using the powers you are given in a disrespectful way that will benefit you the admin while hurting the players on the servers.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I feel that am qualified to hold the position and have shown my dedication into wanting to get it. However I feel that it would be a great opportunity.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 11:06:11 PM by Mind*Freak »
MIND*FREAK

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Mind*freak - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 12:08:35 AM »
Your first application was amazing. I'm sure your current application is also amazing, however when I spoke to you earlier today, you sounded like you were reapplying as a meme. When I spoke to you, you called TF2SS shit, which is perfectly fine that you had that opinion, I just don't understand why you would say that and then apply. Now, of course I followed up and asked if you wanted to truly be an admin: yes or no, and you responded with "make america great again" and then unfriended me. Based on that response and reaction, I can only assume that you reapplying is a meme or joke and because of that I will not give you my wishes of success.

Not only do I think that you are memeing, but I also believe that you are only making this application to prove a point. You were very upset when you were denied the first time because you claimed people worked to make sure you were denied. Given that, I expect that if you are denied yet again, you would bring that up and complain about how the administration is "corrupt" and try to create a shit storm of drama. Of course this is all speculation, but I do just want to bring up this perspective before hand, just in case it becomes a reality. But then on the flip side, if you were accepted, I personally believe that you would be a lazy and negative admin, being that you have already proven to quite a few that you are not a fan of these servers. If you truly are trying to become an admin to better this community, I truly do hope that prove it, because I am unable to see it as of now. You have a lot of potential, just as of my current perspective, I am unable to support you becoming an admin.

~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 02:28:43 AM »
I dont know how this is going to work out :P Good luck.

Offline MIND*FREAK

• Forum Visitor
  • Never let someone else tell you who you are.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 07:45:47 AM »
Your first application was amazing. I'm sure your current application is also amazing, however when I spoke to you earlier today, you sounded like you were reapplying as a meme. When I spoke to you, you called TF2SS shit, which is perfectly fine that you had that opinion, I just don't understand why you would say that and then apply. Now, of course I followed up and asked if you wanted to truly be an admin: yes or no, and you responded with "make america great again" and then unfriended me. Based on that response and reaction, I can only assume that you reapplying is a meme or joke and because of that I will not give you my wishes of success.

Not only do I think that you are memeing, but I also believe that you are only making this application to prove a point. You were very upset when you were denied the first time because you claimed people worked to make sure you were denied. Given that, I expect that if you are denied yet again, you would bring that up and complain about how the administration is "corrupt" and try to create a shit storm of drama. Of course this is all speculation, but I do just want to bring up this perspective before hand, just in case it becomes a reality. But then on the flip side, if you were accepted, I personally believe that you would be a lazy and negative admin, being that you have already proven to quite a few that you are not a fan of these servers. If you truly are trying to become an admin to better this community, I truly do hope that prove it, because I am unable to see it as of now. You have a lot of potential, just as of my current perspective, I am unable to support you becoming an admin.

~16

I would like to say that my reapplying is in no way a memeing if that is even how you spell it.  Yes I believe Tf2ss has started to fall apart and many sever have become "shit" due to the toxic people that seem to exist even thought there are ample admin that are doing their best of sorts to keep those kinds of people under control. I would like to remind you that my last application was not my first application nor my second but rather my third, thus making this my fourth application in total. As regards to our conversation on my wanting to reapply, I state that I I did, as regards to "make America great again" was means of humor to make the tension I felt of the whole situation less. As regards to this application being a "joke", if it were I would not have spent over an hour with my responses. My accusation/claims are backed up by evidence and statements made by current and retired staff members on the reason for my last denial. Yes I believe the selection process has become corrupt in the sense that ones "popularity" and how admins personally feel about an applicant strongly outway one ability and qualifications to do the job. As regards to me "proving I'm not a fan of the servers" I do not see how I have done that. I haven't been on as much due to personal issues that have been resolved. You also accuse me of reapplying only to make a point, may I ask what point you think I am trying to make. Also saying that you do not give me your wishes of success are unnecessary comments that should be refrained from.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 08:03:14 AM by Mind*Freak »
MIND*FREAK

Offline Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 09:30:37 PM »

B. On the forums?
I currently spend 2 hours on the servers a day and plan on continuing to be that active on the forums.

Two hours per day on the forums? Whoa! Watch out, super star admin is in the house! What an amazing and honest application! Man, you're gonna have fun looking at barely anything and starting spam topics on the member boards for fourteen hours a week. How wonderful is that? You're going to make such a great contribution to this community!

You'll also get a free pass into the wonderful land of the invis admin boards too! I hear everyone in the invis admin boards act just like regular members and don't do much administration. I also here they're super responsible, proactive, transparent, reliable and dedicated to the forums' community. You're going to be just like the cool kids and make some super fun in-game events, right? You're going to be the next best admin. Guaranteed!

As regards to this application being a "joke", if it were I would not have spent over an hour with my responses.

Pushing my joke and only a small fraction of my bitter-cold harshness aside, why in the world do you want to become an admin? What's your point? You obviously wouldn't want to remain a member here on the forums. You only have four days, seven topics, fifteen posts, and two votes on these forums. You also have four admin applications. I would assume you would be much more active here on the forums in between those applications in order to familiarize, chat and introduce yourself to some of the members and admins. From what I remember, wait periods for applications take a few months.

Why insist the head administration to appoint you as an admin if you're not willing to be at least a dedicated member? By the stats and by this section, that's what your application is speaking to me in regards to your agenda and your character. You're obviously not content with being a member. By extension, I would assume you do not know of, care of or understand the in-game and forum duties and responsibilities members hold. Besides, why be an admin when you can fulfill a more valuable and scarce role within this community? (Hint-hint: it's a role called "member"). At this rate, I've just inferred you don't want to be a member nor, by the fact, an admin.

Thank you for playing the brutal game known as "The Forums' Gatekeeper", but I'm afraid the only winning move is to play fair and fundamentally change your ethic. If I were an admin and looked at this application from a forum perspective, then I'd give this an big ol' "application denied." Everybody's got flaws, but this is the one overruling flaw that's tearing SwapShop to pieces.

I bet ya the admin application system and I could be friends. Heck, maybe I should be the forums' new gatekeeper! :P Just call me Sans the Gatekeeper Incarnate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOSDq_U-PFo

with my approval. 8)

Enough with the digressive deconstruction. I hope to see a different Mind*Freak and a Mind*Freak who's been accepted into voluntary administrative service during a time of need. I hope to see a Mind*Freak who genuinely cares, from the heart, about the SwapShop in-game and forum community.

See ya 'round:
https://youtu.be/0Po57BzZUrQ?t=5s
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 09:41:07 PM by Peter Capaldi's Sunglasses »
~

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile