• May 05, 2024, 09:33:31 AM

Author Topic: Chummy The Chum Chum Chumster - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4389 times)

Offline BruhBot

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have not had any in the past

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
to help people in need and to make sure everyone is happy. There have been people I have met in the past who I have heard make mean comments such as  you suck well they usually say worse but yeah. So I want to help make sure that people can enjoy the game and the servers.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
on week days I can probably be on about 6 hours
on week ends I can be on pretty much all night

B. On the forums?
all day if not busy

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
2 1/2 months

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2Ftherealpyroshark

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
N/A

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
Well I don't have a specific time  but when i do get mad I like just to get away from the problem or take breaks. Some people take deep breaths and stuff that usually doesn't work for me.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I think one of my strengths is I'm a nice person
but I don't like telling people the hard truth. A example is if someone say like in real life "does this look good" even if it looks bad I will probably say yes. Another one of my strengths is I like talking to people to try and make them feel better.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 6
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 7

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would give them a warning saying what you are saying is offending people and I would kindly appreciate it if you stop or I will sadly have to mute you

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would talk to he players first asking how is he being offensive to you? and if I agree I will kindly
tell the play that what you are saying is offending so and so and I will ask him to stop I will advise them to mute him first but if he keeps on causing trouble I will mute/kick him.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would get on my mic and explain to him that he is spamming the mic and I will tell him things like it should be one person,and you should not have your mic on for so long. If they do not listen to my warnings I will just mute them. But I know sometimes people also play music. if most of the people like the music I will tell the people that do not to mute the player. of course if pretty much no one likes it I will mute him.   .

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I will take the screenshot of the admin abusing his abilities or powers then post the screenshot with the reason and then report them   

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would join the game and go on the enemy team to investigate to make sure they really are hacking of course and if he is I will ban them permanently. I will try to probably have a 1v1 with them to check. I could also just watch them.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will tell the victim they can't really do that and not to worry but I will ban the player who said they would ban the other player.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I don't really get mad at this sort of stuff so I will just continue to play normally.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I will calmly ask them why they are saying these things. But if they keep on making comments I will mute him if that does not work I will kick him and if worse comes to worse I will ban him

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Once again I will tell anyone that's interested he can't really do that it's a scam and I will ban the scammer permanently. 

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
that I understand why you are mad but you should not rage because I might have to mute you. And if they are killing everybody I will say if you do not want to be killed you should not kill them.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I feel very excited to help people if I can and yeah that's pretty much it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 10:23:26 PM by Chummy The Chum Chum Chumster »

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Chummy The Chum Chum Chumster - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 12:44:42 AM »

Poor sentence structure,grammar, and major lack of details are currently present in this application. I recommend going through and editing your application and correcting these issues.

Hades
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 01:54:15 AM by Hades »

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 07:45:29 AM »
I have a few questions to state about your application.

When is your birthday?

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have had that in the past

Yes you have in the past. The question was asking specifically what did you do? Please provide an example along with any link to previous servers you might have administrated before.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will tell the victim they can't really do that and not to worry but I will ban the player

Why exactly would you ban the player? Of course you also mean the player that made the fake rules, correct?

Please answer mine and any other administrators questions if asked. You have up to 3 days to reply to any other posted questions.

Thank you for taking your time to apply here at TF2SwapShop.

Offline BruhBot

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 08:12:02 PM »
Alright Lunar,
I didn't mean to put I had experience
secondly I thought banning the player for some time would be good because they made some fake rules but I am starting to reconsider. Third yes of course I would not ban a player for doing nothing that would be abuse. So yes I was talking about the player who made the fake rules.

Offline BruhBot

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 08:15:22 PM »
Hades,
I agree 100% with you. I was very tired when I typed this lol sorry. And I am working on fixing all of these problems. Also I love the picture :)

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile

Offline BruhBot

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 04:17:11 PM »
sorry 2/3/2001

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 11:10:25 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 3 month have passed.

Application denied.