• May 01, 2024, 07:57:54 PM

Author Topic: Clorox Bleach - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 5054 times)

Offline Clorox Bleach

• Forum Visitor
  • I wonder where this goes...
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Clorox Bleach - Game Server Admin Application
« on: August 24, 2016, 06:21:28 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Pacific Standard Time (PST)

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I've hosted Minecraft Servers in the past, moderated them and ones not hosted by myself.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
The TF2 Swap Shop servers are some of the only community servers I actually play on because their plugins actually make sense.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
When I'm in TF2 and not pubbing, I'll be on the TF2SS servers.

B. On the forums?
Probably not much. When doing TF2 related things I tend to stick to the Valve News Network YouTube channel and the TF2 subreddit.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I started right about when I hit 300 or 400 hours in TF2.

9. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Nope.

10. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/search?q=76561198053557193

:D

11. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I have another one under the name of PremiumGasoline IIRC.

12. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
Earlier this year I was on the way back to school during lunch and this lady pulled out in front of me from the upper drive way to the school parking lot (I personally use the lower driveway as in /right/ in front of me. I locked the brakes of my truck up twise and was on the horn, and even after I had come to a stop, she still almost didn't see me and -pardon my french- damn near didn't see me and still came super close to rolling into my bumper (she was turning left into the oncoming lane from my perspetive). All of this was wilthin about 7 seconds from when I first locked the brakes up.

Being that it was a nice day I had my windows down, after she stopped I yelled at the top of my lungs "You stupid motherfucker!!!" she then gave me a "what the hell?" look so I followed that up with a "You dumbass!!!". She then reversed back into the upper driveway, I continued to the lower driveway, parked my truck, sat for a few min got out, there were three guys standing around waiting for the bell to ring that said they could hear me shouting from the other side of the parking lot.

I am not overly proud of the way I reacted to what happend but she almost totaled both vehicles involved. The road I was on is a 30mph speed zone and she pulled out in front of me, and it scared the living hell out of me. Because of how much adreneline shot into my blood I can still to this day, about 5 months later remember eatch tap of the antilock brakes from the pedal. It was 5 the first pump and 7 the second one. My nerves were so rattled I took the next peroid off and went for a walk. That was the first time I have almost gotten in an accident.

13. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I'm pretty easy to talk to and get along with people well. However I am human and have my morals. If someone is full of crap I will call them out on it. If something becomes too troublesome the best tool to fix it might become a 10 pound sledge hammer.

I do also bieleve that everyone is the way they are for a reason, and it is easy to become jaded. I try to understand why people are they way they are. I like to see everything from the other guy's point of view. The reason the lady pulled out in front of me was because there are cars parked blocking the view of the upper driveway and it is really freaking hard to see out of, and she was driving a hyundai so she couldn't see if it was clear or not. However she also just pulled out into traffic. It was understandable but still almost caused an accident. Had I not been paying as much attention, or been going 5mph faster, I wouldn't have been able to stop in time.

14. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 5
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 4
  • Perceptive: 5
  • Compassionate: 6
  • Troubleshooter: 7
  • Honest: 10

15. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
This depends heavily on the context and sevarity. Some people are just trolls, others are genuine A-holes.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would call a vote. I would be tasked with representing the majority, so my opinions wouldn't matter as much. However other people need to realise that their opinions might not coinside with the rules.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Call a vote to mute his mic.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I'd talk to one of the admins about it that doesn't seem to be involved and then let Death know.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I'd log into said server and see if he is or not under both my point of view, and then by spectating.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
It is the internet. Yes admin impersonation is a bad thing to do, but it is also TF2, and the internet. It would depend on the circumstance and the severity.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I'd find another server or just stay in spawn.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I'd call a vote to mute his mic. I don't personally like taking away someone's voice because it ends all possibility of discussion, but some people are just plain toxic.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
That is scamming and a banable offence. I'd issue a warning first but if someone actually gives them a hat, it would be a ban.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
They should deal with it. Its a perk and people kill each other.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
People taking advantage of their position to expolit other players.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
The Swap Shop servers are the only comunity servers I use, so I feel like I have something I can offer this community.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Clorox Bleach - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 06:33:58 PM »
If possible, could you please link us to your alternate account?
AFK like JFK

Offline Yee B Games

• Chef
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
  • Where's the F****** lamb sauce?!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 06:41:08 PM »
On question #14, why do you mark yourself so low on Polite, patient, objective, and perceptive?

On question 7A and 7B, can you possibly give a more specific amount of time of which you can spend on both? For example: you could spend 4 hours on the servers and 2 on the forums
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 06:45:07 PM by Yee B Games »
Go on then. You Pompous F***

Offline Clorox Bleach

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 07:38:50 PM »
If possible, could you please link us to your alternate account?
Yeah can do. I was planning on doing so but made the mistake of starting the application on the in game browser and then my internet died :/
It mainly gets used as a spectator account for when a few buddies get together for some competitive hide and seek on KOTH maps :) (hense the offensive names ;) )
http://steamcommunity.com/id/PremiumGasoline
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 07:53:11 PM by Clorox Bleach »

Offline Clorox Bleach

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 07:52:30 PM »
On question #14, why do you mark yourself so low on Polite, patient, objective, and perceptive?

On question 7A and 7B, can you possibly give a more specific amount of time of which you can spend on both? For example: you could spend 4 hours on the servers and 2 on the forums
Sorry for multiple replies, I'm used to IP.Board forums with a multiqoute button, this board is different and I'm super new to it and probably haven't found it yet. I tried to be as honest as I can be and didn't want everything to be 5 or above so this was mostly due to me being as harsh as a judgement of myself as I could. As stated in my app, i do try to be honest, I believe that the only thing worse than a thief is a liar, so I am as honest with people as I can be. However that honesty can come across as impoliteness. With patientness, in the story I wrote out, you can see how patient I was, and remembering that time to such an extent probably effected my scores that I wrote down. With objectiveness I do the best I can, and if I'm gonna get super deep into the right mood when getting political, but as far as dealing with other players, I can do pretty good. I also wrote that I try to see things from other people's views to the best of my ability but at times I can be pretty quick to judge at times. Mostly just being pretty critical on myself.

As far as time goes I can probably manage a fair amount of a week on here. I'm not being too specific on purpose right now because school is starting here in two weeks, and the rest of this week I'm helping put a roof on a house but I do try and get a few hours in a night on TF2, usually at least one is spent on Swap Shop.
As far as the forums go, Between Reddit and the LinusTech forums suck up most of my foruming time, but I do need to play around on here some more and figure out how to use it better. Before the requirement of hours to apply went from 500 to 1000 I thought about applying a few months ago, but never actually submitted it because IIRC I was driving tractors for work. Time will tell.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 09:25:17 PM »
So you consider yourself to be perfectly honest and not that much of an objective person. Care explaining why?
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline Clorox Bleach

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 10:43:18 PM »
So you consider yourself to be perfectly honest and not that much of an objective person. Care explaining why?
I mentioned in an earlier post it takes me a bit to get in the mood to do political discussion and that when it comes to other players and what not it's not that big of a deal.

Looking back on it I think I was reading too much into it when filling out the app.

To all:
Thanks for the replies. I didn't really know what to expect after submitting the app. :)

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 01:02:47 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

Due to a very close poll, you may re-apply again after only 1 month has passed.

Application denied.
AFK like JFK