• May 01, 2024, 07:01:32 PM

Author Topic: Camrione - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 5042 times)

Offline Camrione

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Camrione - Game Server Admin Application
« on: November 22, 2016, 03:15:59 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Death, The Owner of All/Most of the servers, I've also met Gerbil and a few others I do not remember off the top of my head.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:
15 (2 months from today 11/21/2016 I will be 16)

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
America - West Coast

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I do not currently have any prior knowledge to admin/moderator statuses. I do know what behaviors to have though, along with not random banning, kicking, etc on Admin Abuse.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to help out with the servers, and keep them in order. I'd basically be the butthurt police if it got down to it.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Both questions are answered pretty well.

Pretty much any time I can play TF2 I try to play on these servers for at least a couple hours at a time. Depends on weekdays as well, because of high-school.

B. On the forums?

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I've been playing, I believe, for around a week at least.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Not very fluent, but I can decipher some German and occasionally Spanish. I'm not very fluent at all.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2FMine117%2F

I hope that helps.

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I really don't lose my temper, actually. I don't have any "bad moments" exactly. I don't think I'd end up banning someone because they called me a nerd or something.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Good: I can be very funny, and people generally like me.

Bad: Most people just end up hating me because I can play the game. It's a drastic leap from the good side, but it's true. One single person always hates me, focuses me, and when they lose they rage. (Just in my nature I guess.)

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 6
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 10
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 10
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
It depends on how long it had been going on, if I had already warned them to stop. I will gag/mute them until they calm down and if they keep on doing it I will most likely end up banning them, at least for a day.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I will try and see both sides of the situation before acting upon anything. Taking into consideration that, for instance, someone says that something's "retarted" and grew up with it just as another word for "stupid." (I have as well, but I don't use it that much anymore.) I'll take action and camly talk to them about it being offensive to some people, but not to them(/me.)

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would definitely warn them to stop, and gag them for 5 minutes to have them understand that they shouldn't micspam as that can be very impolite and rude.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I will either tell them the obvious, that they're abusing. After warning them, and they didn't change their ways, I'll try and get another admin in there if they keep abusing.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would head onto the server, and spectate them to see if that is true. (There is the highspeed shop item on some servers, if not all.) If it is, I'll attempt to make sure that I can ban them and make sure they get reported via steam.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I'll talk to them about not actually being able to do that, (also figure out if it's satire) and warn them that if they say "anything" along the lines of banning someone, they will immediately get a ban. Perma-ban I believe is the offense of impersonating an admin status.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
"I don't do jack-shit." I don't retaliate/lose my temper, as I mentioned in question 14. I might ask them to stop as a normal human being, but other than that I won't do anything.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I will tell them, to, along the lines of, "Please stop talking about the server in such a way, we're just trying to make TF2 a fun place." I will also warn them about micspam, along with EXCESSIVE profanity.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will immediately take action, and warn players wanting godmode, that there is only a shop where you can buy that. Along with telling the scammer that they will get banned if they continue their slander.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
"is just game" No, but really, I'd tell them that if they eventually play the server long enough or donate, they will get the perk back. Also, if they bought it in the first place, you were trying to be the H.H.H. and he was meant to be killed in the first place.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Admin Abuse: The act of using your administrative powers to harass people trying to play the game, by using their a.p. (duh, I just said that.) and usually not letting people have fun.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I still want to help out the SwapShop community and make it a better place for people who just want to chill and play TF2.

Offline Minion of Set

• The Intimidating One
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Camrione - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 07:46:37 AM »
How much time are willing to spend on the forums?
Words of Wisdom: Never piss off an engineer, because he will get your balls, no matter what you do

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 08:43:11 AM »
Please answer questions 13 and B.
counter sally strike go

Offline Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 11:42:13 AM »
9. How much time will you be able to spend:

B. On the forums?

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Good: I can be very funny, and people generally like me.

Whoa! Super star admin over here, guys! He's not even going to acknowledge the forum question. He has to be the next best admin! Man, what an amazing, funny and generally well-liked individual.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I still want to help out the SwapShop community and make it a better place for people who just want to chill and play TF2.

He just wants to make the in-game servers better and neglect the forums. It's all 'k, guys! He's the best applicant so far!

This is my overall reaction to your application:
https://youtu.be/SNvDUO42Hys?t=8m50s
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 11:46:35 AM by Peter Capaldi's Sunglasses »
~

Offline ウイス

• Woah, I never knew my eyes were flashlights!
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
  • The stratagem deepens.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 03:35:45 PM »
Is it even appropriate for me to comment the obvious? I'll just say it. But yea, you're kinda missing a huge answer to a big question :v
I like pigeons

Offline tsun ツ

• your local weaboo
  • Forum Poster
  • ໒( ●ᴥ ●)ʋ u wot m8
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 09:29:39 AM »
16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
Logical: 6
Patient: 9
Reactive: 10
Creative: 6
Polite: 10
Reasonable: 9
Objective: 6
Perceptive: 9
Compassionate: 10
Troubleshooter: 10
Honest: 10

Please explain why would you consider yourself to be "perfect" in the highlighted categories. :)
oh-haiyo~

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 07:09:29 PM »
Shouldn't this app be suspended? Or better yet, just deny it.

I played with the guy last night on #35 and it seems that he's not so committed to getting the position.
AFK like JFK

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 10:44:34 PM »
Application suspended.

Decisive date moved to December 2nd, 2016.

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 07:32:51 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 3 months have passed.

Application denied.

Hades