• May 11, 2024, 08:09:14 PM

Author Topic: UnMaskedNation - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 6762 times)

Offline UnMaskedNation

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
UnMaskedNation - Game Server Admin Application
« on: September 03, 2016, 06:32:57 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Central

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I've Been a Admin for 3 servers for Garry's mod and tf2.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to hold this position because I want to help the community with their problems and just to have fun while doing it meaning that I wouldn't abuse the admin power.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
About 10 Hours on the weekend and 5 Hours school days

B. On the forums?
Every Week about 3 hours a day or more depending if I can get on.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
For more that 600 hours.

9. Do you speak any languages other than English?
no

10. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
http://steamrep.com/profiles/7656119825291269

11. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:

12. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I have lost control one time on tf2 because of this hacker that was one a Blackwonder server. Their was no report so I started to get mad. I almost flipped my computer but I started to listen to some music and I calm down and the hacker left when I dominated him. It is not easy to get me mad but when I am mad I don't cuss or don't say anything offensive to him.

13. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Some of my strengths is mainly solving minor fights
like when their is not a lot of cussing but just enough to make them calm in seconds My weakness is my internet connection to some games and screen lag meaning when I join a server I have not been on it might time me out and when I join it, it starts to lag for a bit when I'm on a server and also I'm not the best at solving very harsh fights as in if their is to much cussing to where they are yelling in the mic and if it will last for a while.

14. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 6
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 7
  • Honest: 10

15. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would mute him for a hour but if he or she keeps saying racist comments I would kick or either ban for a hour to a day depending of how offensive It is.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would talk to the group and make them answer why its offensive to him and if they were joking I would not mute the player who said the comment but if they did take it as a offence I would mute them for a bit.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would Mute them for a hour but if they keep doing it after that hour ended I would kick or ban for a day.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would tell them to stop and if they don't I will either tell the owner or kick or ban.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would not kick or ban if they rolled the dice and got it but if they were it would be a possible ban.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would kick or ban for a week or more the user for threating to ban another user.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
If it keeps happening I would just try and calm down or I will go to spectator because if I kick or ban them because they are constantly killing me that would be a stupid choice.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would mute them but if they keep  talking this I would kick or ban for a day to a couple of weeks or more if they decided to come back to the server after a bit and start to cuss again.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would kick or ban for 2 days or more because its a scam for something that is not true.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would be kind and give him the credits to buy it again or use it some other time.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
I define admin abuse as kicking people constantly that did nothing wrong or banning people that were dominating him. Or if he mutes everyone in the server then makes fun of them.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I would feel happy to join as admin to help people that have problems with other depending on what they do and just have fun for the most of it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 11:36:23 PM by UnMaskedNation »

Offline K a z u m a ™

• Mysterious Okami
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Member
  • Yare Yare daze =w=
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: UnMaskedNation - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 11:33:52 PM »
I don't have any rep because I don't trade a lot

Hi there! I wanted to inform you that we ask for a steam rep for more than just trading purposes. We need to see your overall rep as both a player and a steam community member. So you need to go to steamrep.com and link us to your rep page.

Offline Mixxylicious

• THAT person again
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • oh why hello there ;3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 02:44:02 AM »

13. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
like when their is not a lot of cussing but just enough to make them calm in seconds

You forgot to write your weaknesses
Pstt... don't forget to HAVE FUN <3

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • Steam URL Because I change my name a lot
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 08:01:22 AM »
How many minutes/hours a day would you spend in the forums? How many days out of the week?
Code: [Select]
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
    alert("Am I wearing these thigh highs right?");
//-->
</script>

Offline UnMaskedNation

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 01:58:17 PM »
I edit some stuff to make it more clear now.

Offline UnMaskedNation

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 04:50:06 PM »

Hi there! I wanted to inform you that we ask for a steam rep for more than just trading purposes. We need to see your overall rep as both a player and a steam community member. So you need to go to steamrep.com and link us to your rep page.
I have added more to questions that were half answered and posted steam rep

Offline K a z u m a ™

• Mysterious Okami
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Member
  • Yare Yare daze =w=
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 05:58:34 PM »

I have added more to questions that were half answered and posted steam rep

Thank you for your cooperation.

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2016, 10:45:46 PM »
Quote from: Application Guidelines - Tips for Writing Your Application
Demonstrate proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.

You should fix your grammatical errors and mistakes.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 11:03:49 PM by Sipow »
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline Yee B Games

• Chef
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
  • Where's the F****** lamb sauce?!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2016, 11:03:54 PM »

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Could you possibly link us to these servers?

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to hold this position because I want to help the community
Do you mind being a little more specific on what you mean by this?
Go a little bit more in-depth on this answer...

12. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I have lost control one time on tf2 because of this hacker that was one a Blackwonder server their was no report so I started to rage I almost flipped my computer but I started to listen to some music and I calm down and the hacker left when I dominated him
This sure is quite the experience you've got right here... Could you possibly describe what you mean by rage? What do you do when you are mad? How easily do you get mad? How often does this happen?

like when their is not a lot of cussing but just enough to make them calm in seconds My weakness is my internet connection to some games and screen lag meaning when I join a server I have not been on it might time me out and when I join it, it starts to lag when I'm on a server and also I'm not the best at solving very harsh fights
Perhaps list some more personality defining traits. Are you funny? Are you good at solving problems? Are you good at listening to people? Are you easy to talk to? Please list some more traits if possible. It would help us admins out alot.
Also, what is the difference between a "minor fight" and a "harsh fight"

I would mute him for a hour but if he or she keeps saying racist comments I would kick or either ban depending of how offensive It is
How long would the ban be?

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would talk to the group why it was offensive then depending on what they say I would either mute or kick
Why would kicking them be helpful? Why would you kick them if you're just asking why something is offensive? Doesn't really seem all too reasonable to me... What if what is said is not offensive and the player is just being sensitive? Would you still kick/mute the "offensive" player? Are you sure you are a 9 in reasonable?

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would kick or ban the user that threatens him for threating to ban a anther user
How long would that ban be?

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would mute them but if they keep  talking this I would kick or ban if they decided to come back to the server after a bit

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would kick or ban because its a scam for something that is not true
Again, how long would the ban be?

Please go through and edit your app and answer my questions.
Thanks.
Go on then. You Pompous F***

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 11:07:16 PM »

• Reasonable: 9

Could you please explain why you see yourself highly like this?
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline UnMaskedNation

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2016, 11:08:13 PM »
Quote from: Application Guidelines - Tips for Writing Your Application
Demonstrate proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.

You should fix your grammatical errors and mistakes.
I couldn't find a lot but I did find some errors and fix them

Offline UnMaskedNation

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2016, 11:15:27 PM »

Could you possibly link us to these servers?

I want to hold this position because I want to help the community
Do you mind being a little more specific on what you mean by this?
Go a little bit more in-depth on this answer...

I have lost control one time on tf2 because of this hacker that was one a Blackwonder server their was no report so I started to rage I almost flipped my computer but I started to listen to some music and I calm down and the hacker left when I dominated him
This sure is quite the experience you've got right here... Could you possibly describe what you mean by rage? What do you do when you are mad? How easily do you get mad? How often does this happen?

like when their is not a lot of cussing but just enough to make them calm in seconds My weakness is my internet connection to some games and screen lag meaning when I join a server I have not been on it might time me out and when I join it, it starts to lag when I'm on a server and also I'm not the best at solving very harsh fights
Perhaps list some more personality defining traits. Are you funny? Are you good at solving problems? Are you good at listening to people? Are you easy to talk to? Please list some more traits if possible. It would help us admins out alot.
Also, what is the difference between a "minor fight" and a "harsh fight"

I would mute him for a hour but if he or she keeps saying racist comments I would kick or either ban depending of how offensive It is

I would talk to the group why it was offensive then depending on what they say I would either mute or kick
Why would kicking them be helpful? Why would you kick them if you're just asking why something is offensive? Doesn't really seem all too reasonable to me... What if what is said is not offensive and the player is just being sensitive? Would you still kick/mute the "offensive" player? Are you sure you are a 9 in reasonable?

I would kick or ban the user that threatens him for threating to ban a anther user
How long would that ban be?

I would mute them but if they keep  talking this I would kick or ban if they decided to come back to the server after a bit

I would kick or ban because its a scam for something that is not true
Again, how long would the ban be?

Please go through and edit your app and answer my questions.
Thanks.
I cant not give you the link to the servers because they were shut down sorry about that  But I can fix the rest

Offline UnMaskedNation

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2016, 11:41:38 PM »

• Reasonable: 9

Could you please explain why you see yourself highly like this?
I see my self highly like this because I'm not good at a lot of the stuff for that question but some of the things on their I'm really good at in real life Honesty I barley tell a lie Compassionate I care about a lot of people that are friends or really close I am really patient while waiting for a game to load even though it takes about 20 minutes then times out, I am not as polite as I use to be and the rest of it mainly revolves around what I've done in life.

Offline UnMaskedNation

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2016, 04:32:42 PM »
Any More Questions

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2016, 06:26:52 PM »
I would like to just begin this by saying, what I say will have no effect on your vote or odds of becoming an admin. Maybe what I say will change the minds of an admin, but that is not my intention. I just want to respond, because I am addicted to these forums.

UnMaskedNation, regardless of how you answered the questions, whether you answered them "right" or "wrong", you have been coming back actively to help fix any problems admins have had with your application. Like, I said, whether what you are writing is "right" or "wrong", you are writing and responding quite actively on the forums, which is something a lot of admins don't, or at least didn't, do. Also, when an admin has had a problem with what you have written, you have been willing to learn and fix it. Because of that, you could definitely end up becoming a great admin. Nobody knows everything the first day they become an admin, especially because every server is different. So, given your prior experience plus your ability to learn plus your activity on your applications/the forums, I really do think you have the potential to become a great admin.

Also, if you are still unsure about your application, I would highly recommend getting at most 3 referrals from other players or admins from the community that you are friends with. This paragraph is more so a side note because almost no one ever gets referrals anymore. It's a shame. Referrals can really help an application.

Either way, best of luck!
~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16