• May 06, 2024, 06:50:20 PM

Author Topic: Sir. Turtle - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4114 times)

Offline Sir. Turtle

• Forum Visitor
  • hi
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Sir. Turtle - Game Server Admin Application
« on: June 30, 2015, 08:21:22 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Standard Time

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I used to be a part of a really cool tf2 community (ranked high), but sadly the community ran out of funds to run their servers, and it just kind of stopped, i cant remember what it was called. I was a part of this community in my earlier time of playing Team fortress 2. I was also an admin for a minecraft server in 2012.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
The reason i am applying for this position is that i've played on tf2 swap shop servers for a little while, and i've always had a fun time on the severs. The only problem is that whenever im on, about 20-30% of the time a hacker will join, or someone that is a complese ***hole (I dont like to curse) will join, and i cant do anything about this. i would love to join the rank of the admins so i could make almost everyone's time on the tf2 swap shop server a little better.

7. How much time do you plan to spend on the Servers / Forums?
i plan to do my best to spend at least an hour or 2 on the tf2 swap shop servers every day or two. Im not so sure, i'll probably check them twice a day.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
7 weeks

9. List a reputation thread here (if you have one, it may be simple as your steamrep url):
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198081792347

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
In game i lost control a loooooong time ago. i lost control because there was this guy Bullying me. He was going into sensitive parts of my life EX: Your Grandpa must be such a D-bag to have given birth to the thing that made you. (My grandpa is dead, he died because of kidney failure. im having a hard time even writing this.)

12. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 10
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 10
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 5

13. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
i would ask him to stop, and if he continued i would most likely mute him/gag him. No race was made to be below another race, and nobody deserves to be racially harassed.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would ask them to stop, and if they didn't i would give them a second warning, and if they still dont listen i would mute them/gag them.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would instantly mute, they should have read the rules. No micspamming.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would would most likely report him to the other admins/owner.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would ask "Do you have a demo or a recording of him doing so, and what is his username? If they did i would study, if they didn't i would questing the Supposed "speed hacker". If i find them to be hacking, and they join a TF2SS server i will ban them.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would ask him where he got the rules, and most likely warn him that if he ever did that again he could possibly get banned, and then i would kick him.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
i'll probably do nothing. I like a challenge, and its better for me to suffer than another player.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Warn him that if he doesnt stop he will be muted/ gagged. if he somehow gets around the mute i would kick him.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would ask him/her to stop trying to scam people, and if he/she doesn't i would kick

J: A regular player complains about another player who slays him/her after he/she buys the Headless Horsemann perk in the shop. What do you tell the original player who got slayed?
I would apologize to him, and i would ask the person who slayed them to not do it again.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 08:33:44 PM by Sir. Turtle »
Why hello there.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Sir. Turtle - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 08:25:02 PM »

I really do not know, if i had to guess/estimate it would be around at least a week or two hours
How weeks/months has it been since you first played on our servers regularly?

Offline Sir. Turtle

• Forum Visitor
  • hi
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 08:37:22 PM »

I really do not know, if i had to guess/estimate it would be around at least a week or two hours
How weeks/months has it been since you first played on our servers regularly?
7 Weeks
Why hello there.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 12:51:18 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.