• May 03, 2024, 01:48:00 PM

Author Topic: InTemal Screaming - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 5595 times)

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • Steam URL Because I change my name a lot
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
InTemal Screaming - Game Server Admin Application
« on: June 20, 2016, 12:46:36 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
No

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
PDT

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Directing as Vice Principle at my high-school all four years. Afterwards, I became a shift manager at Goodwill Industries for two years. I host and Dungeon Master a DnD group every other weekend.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I wish to be apart of this community. Give something for all the kindness I've been shown by both the people and the staff. I think I would make a great asset to the server as an administrator and as someone regulars can come to in search of someone who they can rely on. (Not saying anyone on the staff is unreliable, I just desire to be apart of that)

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
On weekdays it will be roughly four to five hours every day or so. Weekends would be six to seven with short breaks from time to time.

B. On the forums?
One or two hours a day.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I started being a regular for a little over 3 months now.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
|  steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198045428601

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
N/A

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
My first few weeks as shift manager at Goodwill, a few of the workers were not showing up to work and blaming me for their absence. These workers tried to get out of work and remain to be paid. I was becoming frustrated with this issue. I requested that I be demoted until I could handle this issue but I was kept on, as those workers were fired.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I have an excellent vocabulary, and am as "vocal" as one with issues as my limitation can be. I tend to be very serious when the time comes but as we all are, I'm a child at heart.

As for a weakness, I can become a bit timid when it comes to befriending people on a more personal level. Issues with abandonment from friends and peers throughout my life is the cause of this.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 6
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would warn them to quit following the road of racism. If they don't stop I will kick them. If they return and continue there will be a temporary mute of 5 minutes. If the player is reported about it several times within a small time frame it will be a permanent mute.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would not interfere until I knew that the remarks being made were making the offended player vocal about the issue.

What that person is doing isn't against the rules, and I will let the group know they can swap servers to avoid feeling uncomfortable or offended.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
A vote would be caste against the mic-spammer. If the majority (Seventy to seventy-five percent) said they want it then I let it go. If it was not past the majority limit then I would ask them to stop. If they did not stop mic spamming I would temporarily mute them for a few minutes. They did it again after, I would add onto the time they were muted.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
They will be asked to stop exploiting powers they have. If they didn't stop a higher staff member would be immediately  informed of the admin's actions and attitude.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Joining the server with the reported player in it, I would spectate them for roughly two to three minutes. If they look suspicious and have a recently made or haven't invested into their profile, they will be banned.

If they are being suspicious and I can't confirm the account was new or hasn't been invested into, I will contact another admin to assist me in making a good judgement.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Along with telling the person that they are not in any room to make rules that do not exist, I will warn them that impersonation of staff is against the rules entirely. If they continue I will kick them. Then a temporary gag if they kept going after the kick.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
With the potential of !shop, and being constantly on the server. I would utilize that and !rtd to my advantage.

After my revenge, I would probably swap servers or find another activity to do.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would ask them to stop. If they did not stop I would warn them to stop. If they persist, I would kick. Then a temporary mute if they returned to be repetitive.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
For being a scam this would result in a ban. Anything along the lines of "one for zero" is not a good reflection for a community.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
That you used your credits as they did. If you continue to play the server, and use !credits you'll be supporting the server with ads and get what you want.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I'm happy to be reapplying with the gift of being here again so soon. I'm still looking forward to becoming apart of the staff and being a modeled reflection of the community.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 12:50:25 AM by ≼Plain Doll≽ »
Code: [Select]
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
    alert("Am I wearing these thigh highs right?");
//-->
</script>

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: InTemal Screaming - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 01:15:35 PM »

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 6
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 8

Can you explain why you rated yourself a "6" in this catagory?

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 02:25:18 PM »
Generally when I am playing I will be interacting with the people in the server, talking/playing/idling and I won't be INSTANTLY responding to things as small as someone asking how I am or what I'm up to. When it comes to people breaking the rules and doing my job, I would vote myself an eight or higher.
<!--
//-->
</script>

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 02:45:28 PM »
B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?

What that person is doing isn't against the rules, and I will let the group know they can swap servers to avoid feeling uncomfortable or offended.

But wouldn't this be considered a form of harassment? If players do publicly vocally or type out for these people to stop, what actions would you take in this situation?

Please respond to my question as soon as the opportunities arise. 

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 03:39:25 PM »
Warning to stop, a kick, then a temporary mute. If he continues after the temp mute, the temp mute will be made longer. If the person was reported several times then it would result in a permanent mute.
<!--
//-->
</script>

Offline mia

• TF2SS's Little Pwincess~
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Bunny is my happiness. <3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 03:56:35 PM »
Why not simply just warn a few times, and then mute/gag if needed? Kicking should really onl up be used if it were something serious..
Tiny Baby Legs

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 04:19:10 PM »
Why not simply just warn a few times, and then mute/gag if needed? Kicking should really onl up be used if it were something serious..

Every Admin has their own way of giving punishments, and a kick isn't bad compared to other means of punishment.

She also says she would warn the player first, which is fair.

Offline mia

• TF2SS's Little Pwincess~
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Bunny is my happiness. <3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 04:28:18 PM »

Every Admin has their own way of giving punishments, and a kick isn't bad compared to other means of punishment.

She also says she would warn the player first, which is fair.
Simple enough, but I'd wish she answered me, instead of you doing it for her Blood.
Tiny Baby Legs

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 04:32:02 PM »

Every rule in SwapShop should be taken as serious as any other. None should be seen as "important" and that would show weakness in people's administrative positions.
<!--
//-->
</script>

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 04:36:19 PM »
May I ask as to what your reasoning is behind using /kick as a form of warning?
AFK like JFK

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 04:42:29 PM »
May I ask as to what your reasoning is behind using /kick as a form of warning?

A warning will be of a verbal form. I'll ask in chat for them to stop, if I get no response I will use a server chat plug in to warn them to stop. If neither of them convince the person to stop I will kick them. This will get their attention and I can repeat myself.
<!--
//-->
</script>

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2016, 09:04:11 AM »
What if the player joins back after the kick and proceeds to do the same malicious rule-breaking action he / she was doing previously?

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 03:38:04 PM »
What if the player joins back after the kick and proceeds to do the same malicious rule-breaking action he / she was doing previously?

If they were hacking, it would be a ban instantly. If it were a spam, it would be warning, kick, temp gag, longer temp gag. If the person had more than one report on it afterwards, it would be a temporary gag/mute.
<!--
//-->
</script>

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 04:44:01 PM »
Due to some personal issues, I'm requesting a close of my application.
<!--
//-->
</script>

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2016, 04:46:49 PM »
Due to some personal issues, I'm requesting a close of my application.

Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration. You may re-apply again after 3 months have passed.

Application denied.