• May 03, 2024, 08:28:59 PM

Author Topic: Shards - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 6217 times)

Offline Shards

• Forum Visitor
  • This took way to much time to type
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Shards - Game Server Admin Application
« on: August 06, 2016, 09:04:06 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Pacific

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I used to be admin on a garry's mod server but i no longer play garry's mod and I felt like I would be an admin for TF2 because i have experience with it.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to hold this position because I don't play garry's mod anymore felt kinda boring i decided to try to apply for admin on TF2 because I have already had experience with it so I thought i'd try.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Minimum 2 hours and maximum would be 7 or 6 hours.

B. On the forums?
I usually spend 20 or so minutes on the fourms just to check what's going on and how things are going.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I've been playing on these servers for about 1 or 2 years.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198173586086

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:None

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
Well I really just sat there for a while thinking to myself and I was able to convince myself that just because people make fun of you for doing something doesn't mean you have to listen to them and after a while i got over it and continued with my normal life.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I trust a lot of people that sometimes i don't really know I trust them if they act nice or seem trustworthyand sometimes they don't have the best intents but i have thick skin so I don't get angry a lot so I won't get really angry and start abusing admin and slaying the people on the server or randomly banning people.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 6
  • Troubleshooter: 6

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I first of all would try to get them to stop with words just like stop or please stop and apoligize something like that
if they were to continue I would repeat what i said if he were to still do it I would first kick them off of the server if he rejoins and keeps doing it I would then have to mute him if he were to do it from his/her microphone if it was in chat and he kept doing it then I would ban him for around 30 minutes or so so the person can think about why he was banned and how he can say sorry to the person or people he offended.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Well if I were to not think it offensive I would ask what the person said first of all then ask the people what made the comment offensive to them if they make a valid point and I understand how that could be taken as offensive i would first ask the person to just stop saying comments relating to that topic if he were to continue i would then mute him and if were to still continue I would kick him from the server if he joined back and continued i would ban him for around 30 minutes just to let him think about why he was banned and how he can say sorry to the group of people that he offended.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
First I Would  request  them to stop the micspam and give him a warning and if he were to continue Iwould just mute him for 1 or so days.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Well I would first try to get the admin to stop on his own by just telling him that he was abusing admin and if he were to continue i would usually go to the fourms and tell the head admins or someone of higher authority then the person who was abusing admin and just tell them what was going on so that they can deal with the problem.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Well first I would join the server to see if that person was really speed hacking if he was speed hacking I would first request him to just turn off the hacks if he continues I would kick him to give him a chance to turn them off if he rejoins and still has the speed hacks on I would ban him for 30 minutes but if he came back after the ban and still had the hacks I would perma ban him.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
If the person says he will ban someone for rules that don't exist then that would be admin impersonation so I would tell them to stop impersonating admin and I would kick them so they know to not impersonate an admin if he rejoined and continued to do it would ban him for admin impersonation because I'm pretty sure the only person who can actually ban someone would be an admin

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
As I said before I have thick skin if the enemy players were to dominate me and target me only i don't really mind because people targeting me and killing only me doesn't mind me at all I don't do much when it comes to something like that cause it doesn't bother me because targeting me isn't really breaking any rules so I don't mind if I start to get annoyed I would request them to stop but that doesn't usually happen so I don't do much if people target me.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would request  them to stop making those types of comments I will also notify them that if they thought that the server sucked ass I would kindly tell him that if he didn't like this server he could leave and go and play on a different server if they continued I would mute them if they don't listen I would kick them if they continued I would ban that person would ban them.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Well I would request them to stop trying to scam other players and if they were to continue I would have to kick them if they were to rejoin and continue I would have to ban them other players if they continued I would kick them if they rejoined i would then ban them for trying to scam others.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horseman perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horseman player?
I would try to calm that person down first then I would try to convince him that it would be OK because the only thing that he lost were in game credits and you can easily get those credits back really easily and I would tell him that the person also wasted credits to slay you and you can get the credits you lost back if he spent a bit more time on that server.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
In all honesty I don't really know i have experience but I have no idea if being a TF2 admin is harder then being a Garry's mod admin but i thought I might have try so I don't really know how I really feel.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 09:41:15 PM by Shards »
Sherdz was here

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Shards - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 10:27:56 AM »

• Logical: 5
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 6
  • Creative: 4
  • Polite: 6
  • Reasonable: 6

Why do you score yourself so low in Logical, Creative and Objective?
Also, why didn't you score yourself in any of the attributes with something higher than 7?
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline Shards

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 10:55:11 AM »
I don't know i guess i just thought of myself like that most of my friends say that is what i am i trust people i said that already do i change it and make it what i think i am instead of what others think of me?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 04:35:00 PM by Shards »
Sherdz was here

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 11:27:08 AM »
i don't know i guess i just thought of myself like that most of my friends say that is what i am i trust people i said that already do i change it and make it what i think i am instead of what others think of me?

It would be more advisable to rate yourself by what you think, yes.

Also, I suggest that you revise your application for grammatical errors.
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline Shards

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 11:38:56 AM »
When i typed this application it was my computer was lagging so sometimes when i was typing it spaces and things didn't register.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 04:34:46 PM by Shards »
Sherdz was here

Offline Shards

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 04:31:33 PM »
I think i fixed all the spelling and grammatical errors
Sherdz was here

Offline Fox

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 08:54:51 PM »
I wanna help ya out :)

Don't forget about capital "I"! You are a proper noun!
You might want to go through your application and fix the under case i's.

Good luck on getting accepted!  :)

Offline Shards

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 09:27:58 PM »
Oh ok thanks
Sherdz was here

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 08:31:07 PM »

• Logical: 8
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 7

I see you've upped patients even higher to a 10.

Can you please explain why you feel that patients is your absolute best quality?

Offline Shards

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 05:14:14 PM »
Well I was doing something a while back and I just remembered about it but I remembered waiting for around a day for my friend to get stuff so we could go camping and when I remember that I thought to myself "huh I am really patient" so I went to see if that was a lie that my mind was making up or if it was the truth so I sat and waited for my I pad to charge from 0 to 100%  to see if I get frustrated or not which in all honesty is a really dumb idea but I waited 3-4 hours and then when I did that I changed patience to what I saw in myself at the moment.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 02:33:01 PM by Shards »
Sherdz was here

Offline Shards

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 05:18:59 PM »
I also watched other people and I saw they weren't really patient and they complain after 5-10 minutes while I sit there for an hour so I didn't know if i was different weird or special because my friends they see me as that 1 different person in my kind of group of friends because normal people don't wait from 12 am to 8-10 pm for some place to open that's how they saw me so decided to change patients for that reason as well this doesn't just mean I'm willing to wait 4 hours for a trade request it means I'm also willing to wait a specific amount of time to people who don't cooperate with the rules and request given by admins or even other players.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 02:32:53 PM by Shards »
Sherdz was here

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2016, 10:51:20 AM »
How do you define Admin abuse?

Offline Shards

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2016, 02:26:51 PM »
To me admin abuse is using the things that are given to you because someone trusts you to be responsible with it and using them to annoy other people that don't have it and using the power given to you as an admin to troll others and to do things such as preventing people to come out of spawn not as in spawn camping terms but if you were to spawn a prop blocking the exit of the spawns basically taken what was given to you to use to keep the servers calm and relaxed but using it to destroy and ruin the fun in the game.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 02:28:55 PM by Shards »
Sherdz was here

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2016, 03:38:33 PM »
To me admin abuse is using the things that are given to you because someone trusts you to be responsible with it and using them to annoy other people that don't have it and using the power given to you as an admin to troll others and to do things such as preventing people to come out of spawn not as in spawn camping terms but if you were to spawn a prop blocking the exit of the spawns basically taken what was given to you to use to keep the servers calm and relaxed but using it to destroy and ruin the fun in the game.

Can you give me another example? I had trouble following.

Offline Shards

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2016, 08:03:57 PM »
Admin abuse is basically using what is given to you as something to enforce the rules and regulations of the server and taking that which is given to you to use it to troll or annoy others such as blocking off spawn by spawning a prop or slaying random people with no explanation for why the person did so another example is kicking banning or muting people because they don't like them regardless of them actually doing anything wrong
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 02:34:05 PM by Shards »
Sherdz was here