• May 14, 2024, 10:04:12 PM

Author Topic: Jump Maps  (Read 13047 times)

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Jump Maps
« on: July 30, 2015, 09:24:54 AM »
Considering we still have a few extra servers here and there that aren't that active. I want to suggest a few Jump maps for Soldiers and Demoman. Jump servers and Jump communities are a lot larger than most would think. And the idea that Members of our community whom want to further their skill with a certain class, can all do it within the home of TF2SS. It's also what people use to kill lots of time. It's another way for players to gain credits while they enjoy what they do.

Main Map Suggestions:
jump_4starters_a9
jump _ beef
(At Least 1 Demo Map)

List any other maps you MIGHT want to see added to these servers.

(Note: Once a decent amount of maps have been suggested, a new topic will contain a vote. The top 3 maps that are voted will be brought into the idea of a suggestion towards the servers.)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 09:27:16 AM by -ᴛғ2ss-☠Lunarium Wolf☠ »

Offline Naughty Twilight

• Forum Visitor
  • Why so serious?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Jump Maps
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 10:48:04 PM »
jump_quba
jump_academy
jump_elephant
jump_sketchy2_rc1
jump_hexahedron

Just a few of my favorites.
"Can't... you... just... play... along?!"

Offline Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 11:15:26 AM »
Considering we still have a few extra servers here and there that aren't that active. I want to suggest a few Jump maps for Soldiers and Demoman. Jump servers and Jump communities are a lot larger than most would think. And the idea that Members of our community whom want to further their skill with a certain class, can all do it within the home of TF2SS. It's also what people use to kill lots of time. It's another way for players to gain credits while they enjoy what they do.

Main Map Suggestions:
jump_4starters_a9
jump _ beef
(At Least 1 Demo Map)

List any other maps you MIGHT want to see added to these servers.

(Note: Once a decent amount of maps have been suggested, a new topic will contain a vote. The top 3 maps that are voted will be brought into the idea of a suggestion towards the servers.)
Greetings! My name is Freeze; I'm also known as TheWhiteFace and I enjoy playing on server #08.

I really like this idea. There are a plethora of people on server #08 who just want to Rocket Jump. Unfortunately, they aren't always able to Rocket Jump in peace. This would be an excellent alternative for people who want to do just that- Rocket Jump.

I believe we should expand our horizons and small communities in TF2SS through maps and map-types instead of limiting TF2SS to the current sub-communities like the one on server #08. Perhaps we should start with this splendid idea. I don't see why we shouldn't at least start off with this idea or one similar to it.

We should then massively commercialize and advertise the servers or collection of servers through timed server messages. The new group events are also a good way to advertise and give motivation to play on other servers. I could see this becoming more controlled and distributed depending on the map-type.

If more events, sub-communities and popular map-types rise over time, then more facilitators or facilitation systems could be defined internally and then put into action. It's hard to say how the budget for the servers and website would handle a slow yet dramatic change to TF2SS. I don't have the numbers so I can't really get an idea. I'm guessing that's Death's job. :P

Perhaps overtime vanilla map servers and rotations could be set in place with restriction on the shop. Other current servers could also get populated as well and expanded. We could also see the Shop being expanded and worked on regularly. Perhaps the biggest downfall would be cheaters, rule-breakers and bugs.

Maybe next time, cp_container_v2.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 11:18:35 AM by Freeze™ #GottamMan »
~

Offline Sylvedoge

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 03:50:58 PM »
Jump_sitood
jump_sketchy