• May 04, 2024, 05:15:51 PM

Author Topic: Mind*freak - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 6063 times)

Offline MIND*FREAK

• Forum Visitor
  • Never let someone else tell you who you are.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Mind*freak - Game Server Admin Application
« on: October 02, 2016, 01:21:49 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
I was friends with some a few currently retired staff members such as flaming cheetos, yeeb games and i play often with Duauthlin.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:
21 years old

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
central zone

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I supervised a mine-craft server several years ago that no longer exists. I currently am a shift manager at the Perkins and a daycare supervisor at the YMCA. From the age of 16-20 i was a lead consular at Tomahawk which is a scout camp for boy scouts. I taught merit badge classes and held group activities for kids aged 15-18, every week I would work with 100 plus kids for the entire summer. I also am president of the IT club for my college.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goals in the community are to keep it a very safe and friendly environment so that everyone no matter what age they are can have the most fun possible while still following the rules. Another goal is to keep these servers as fun as they are now so that other people can enjoy being on them as much as I have. I would like to hold this position because i would like to keep the community clean from harassment, rule breakers, and make it fun for everyone. i would also like to help give back to the community what it has given me through out the last 7.5 months.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I can spend 3-4 hour on the servers every night and more if I am needed.

B. On the forums?
I will check the forums at least 3 times a day, if need be I will be more active that stated above.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have been playing on your group servers ever since I started my own account back in March. I however did play on my brothers account on these servers for about a year.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Other than English, I speak and write Spanish.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198289893124

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
N/A

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I tend to be a farily calm person when it comes to most things. However there was a time at Tomahawk and I was teaching the life saving merit badge to a group that consisted of mainly older kids and a handful of 15 year olds. One of the requirements was to swim the mile which in our location was out to an island a half mile away and back to equal a full mile. everyone was able to do it without much direction except for one kid. He was very unwilling to follow my rule of swimming near the boat that I was in which was for his safety since i had noticed he was not as strong of a swimmer as everyone else in the class was. He would swim farther away from the boat than i told him to which was a problem for if he got tired and needed to rest he wasn't close enough to reach out and hang on the boat. I had to yell to him since he was so far away. He called me an asshole for yelling at him. I felt mad and frustrated since I  was only doing it for his safety. I coped with these feelings by self talking and saying to myself that it isn't something worth taking personally and he just probably doesn't understand I'm doing this for his safety. I ended up just telling him he was doing well and left it at that and didn't mention it to him after.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I consider creativity and patience to be my strengths. If I am in a situation where I either do not have the right equipment to deal with the situation  I tend to get a creative approach towards coming up with a solution such as using something that someone wouldn't ordinary think of. My job at the YMCA working with little kids requires me to be creative in order to come up with activities to keep everyone busy. My job at both Perkins and the YMCA require me to have patience because I work with many different people.  My weakness is that when i can not help someone I tend to feel discouraged. I try to help everyone as much as I can and when I can't I feel like I have let them down and have a very hard time letting go.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 5
  • Troubleshooter: 8
  • Honest: 8

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
If someone is being racist on the servers, I would issue them a verbal warning stating that racism isn't allowed on the servers. If the behavior continues after 2-3 warning I will mute them for 30 minutes and gag if they are also saying racist comments in the chat. If the behavior starts again after the allotted mute, I will either mute them for a week or perma mute depending on the severity of the comments. A ban may be issued if this isn't the first offense or if the comments are very severe.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
If players are being offended by remarks a player is saying that I myself do not find offensive, I will listen to the remarks and determine whether the remarks are banter or remarks that are meant to offend of hurt the other players. If the are banter I may ask the player to cut back on the banter. If the remarks are indeed offensive I will issues a verbal warning the the player letting them know they are making remarks that are offensive and to please stop. If the behavior doesn't stop after 3 warnings I will issue a mute/gag for 30 minutes.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
If a player is micspamming, I will issue a verbal warning asking them to please use the mic only when needed to communicate with other players. If behavior continues after 3 warning I will issue a mute/gag for 30 mins. If behavior continues after 30 minute mute is over, I will mute for 1 hour and so on increasing by an hour.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
If I feel they will listen to me, I would confront them in a message that the behavior they are doing is considered as exploitation of their powers and it can be punishable. If I do not think I can stop the behavior, I will record the behavior or screenshot their command log and pass it to head admin to deal with.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I will come onto the server that the report is made. I will spectate the individual to see if the are indeed speed hacking or they have just purchased highspeed from the shop or as an rtd. If the highspeed does not wear off after 30seconds for rtd and 60 seconds from the shop, I will check the chat log to see if highspeed was purchased by player or rolled by the accused player. If it was not, than I will issue a permanent ban. The reason for the ban will be use of a speed hack.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will tell the regular that this can be considered impersonating an admin since admins are the only ones who can ban a player. I will give them a warning and if the continue to do this I will permanent ban them for admin impersonation.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I wouldn't do anything other than congratulate them for dominating me. It is not something to get mad over since it will happen in the game. It's just a game and not real life. Some people are better than me and that's fine.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I will give them a verbal warning that what they are saying is not appropriate behavior and if it is towards me that it is admin disrespect. I would give them 2 warning to stop and if they do not, I will issue a mute/gag for 1 day. or a ban for 1 day depending on the severity.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will tell the regular that this is considered scamming and that it is not allowed on the servers. I will tell them to stop and if they do not, I will issue a perma ban for scamming.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell them that it is a perk that is bought in the server and that it's okay. They will re-spawn and be able to play again. I feel that sometimes compassion is needed in certain situations.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
I define admin abuse as harassment by an admin, the use of admin powers to benefit the admin or to restrict a player or players from achieving the objective of the game. The use of punishment when there is no need for it.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I am very excited to have my application looked at and to possibly be considered for admin. I would really like to become admin and give back to the community.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 07:43:06 PM by Mind*Freak »
MIND*FREAK

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Mind*freak - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 01:57:40 PM »
I admire your determination.

Be sure to check back each day to see questions made by Administrators.

Offline MIND*FREAK

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 01:58:57 PM »
Thank you sir, it's an honor to even have my application looked at by all of you.
MIND*FREAK

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 07:09:58 PM »
[Not An Admin]: This is a well made application, its detailed to the max. Well done and good luck on the questions.

-Nationn-

Offline MIND*FREAK

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 07:32:28 PM »
Thank you nationn that vote of confidence is much appreciated.
MIND*FREAK

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 07:35:57 PM »
15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I consider creativity and patience to be my strengths.   .......

• Patient: 8
  • Creative: 6

In number 15 you listed creativity and patience as some of your strongest. My question is how come this is not reflected in the following question?

P.S You have a few grammar mistakes in your application, but nothing serious. Don't take my question the wrong way, I do think your application is good.

Hades

Offline MIND*FREAK

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 07:41:03 PM »
I consider creativity and patience to be my strengths.   .......

• Patient: 8
  • Creative: 6

In number 15 you listed creativity and patience as some of your strongest. My question is how come this is not reflected in the following question?

P.S You have a few grammar mistakes in your application, but nothing serious. Don't take my question the wrong way, I do think your application is good.

Hades

I didnt want to make it look like I had given myself high scores on all of them thus giving to the affect that I think am perfect. I now see that I should correct that.    I have made the changes of my ratings to to have consistancy in both questions.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 07:45:24 PM by Mind*Freak »
MIND*FREAK

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 05:31:14 AM »
What do you feel you can offer our team that nobody else can?

What unique attributes will make you stand out from the crowd in your opinion?

Take your time in responses to my questions.

Overall, this was a very well written application. Good work.  ;D

Offline MIND*FREAK

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 08:33:40 AM »
What do you feel you can offer our team that nobody else can?

What unique attributes will make you stand out from the crowd in your opinion?

Take your time in responses to my questions.

Overall, this was a very well written application. Good work.  ;D

What I feel that I can offer the team that nobody else can is my ability to be flexible and adapt to different situations in order to handle them in the best way possible. For example, a tatic, to help descalate a conflict on a server may not work everytime and I am willing to adapt to the eviroment of the situation in order to resolve the conflict in an orderly and professional way. I also feel that I can offer the team my persistance. No matter how difficult or confusing of a problem I may run into, I am will to persevere until the said conflict or conflicts is resolved.

Unique attributes that make me stand out are my willingness to give 100% into the task at hand, my problem solving skills both on the fly and prepared, my eagerness to learn\grow, and my persistance to overcome\resolve any kinds of issues that may arise.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 05:58:00 AM by Mind*Freak »
MIND*FREAK

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2016, 01:20:27 PM »
After reading your entire application, I just wish to tell you that it hits all the right strings for me.

I enjoyed the effort that you put into this, especially after applying two other times.

Good luck in the upcoming week.

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2016, 07:32:47 PM »
I respect that you took more than ample time to review your past applications and other denied applications to further improve and ultimately create a beautiful app like this. I'm very impressed and almost jealous of how much your writing and judgement skills have improved over the span of maybe 6 months?

Just wow. As other administrators have already done most of the questioning, I do have one final question to ask you (out of curiosity): What are you majoring in/ what career do you plan to pursue after college?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline MIND*FREAK

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2016, 07:44:48 PM »
I respect that you took more than ample time to review your past applications and other denied applications to further improve and ultimately create a beautiful app like this. I'm very impressed and almost jealous of how much your writing and judgement skills have improved over the span of maybe 6 months?

Just wow. As other administrators have already done most of the questioning, I do have one final question to ask you (out of curiosity): What are you majoring in/ what career do you plan to pursue after college?

I am currently triple majoring in Database Management, Networking Administration, and Software design. I currently have a PC Technician Certification that allows me to install hardware and software updates and to maintain and repair equipment on routers and computers. I also am currently on the side teaching myself Java script since I am comfortable with C++. As regards to what career I plan on perusing, I would love to be a programmer and network administrator. For all honesty I am not 100% sure what career I'll have in the next years, but I can say it will be something I enjoy.
MIND*FREAK

Offline snoogans.

• I fiddle with strings on coated plastic and wood
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • Mr. Slump God
    • My awful site
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2016, 12:54:46 AM »
I ain't no admin, but this dude wants to be. I like his persistence, and out of all his apps, this one is the most detailed. It kinda shows how well he reflects on stuff. 10/10, this app made my mind freak. Jokes aside, great applications dude. Hope you get accepted  :)
I like salt

Offline ❤ 4tlasNeptune ❤

• Forum Visitor
  • Reno's Mother ♥~
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2016, 08:47:13 AM »
Not an admin and was denied due to age restriction: Best application I've seen so far. Hope you get accepted. Take my cola :3

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2016, 03:51:10 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

Since your app was a close vote, you may re-apply after 1 month as passed.

Application denied.

Suggestions:

. Work on your patience
. Learn to control yourself in situations you may not agree with
. Try to fix your relations with some of the Staff members so you may not have as much issues in the future
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 03:58:44 PM by BloodRain »