• May 02, 2024, 04:38:45 PM

Author Topic: «AS»Dead_Shot Deadpool - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3433 times)

Offline «AS»Dead_Shot Deadpool

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
«AS»Dead_Shot Deadpool - Game Server Admin Application
« on: February 07, 2016, 10:52:05 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Central

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have received the (Gold tier) Presidential Service Award 3 times over in the past 3 years, I serve weekly at my church as a leader, and at school I am our AV tech and I am training 4 others- In the gaming sense I made my own server for just some friends and our competitive team over the summer, I have many friends from the TF2ss community a few being admins I have helped before(and more from TF2HAts) and I am a competitive tf2 team leader and have been offered other positions to play sniper on gold or platinum tier teams in addition to co leading the team(offers were declined)

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
it annoys me when people start mic spamming or generally making the community hell for others- I have so many good times with friends on these servers and I dont want people to have any bad experiences because I have had lots of great times here

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
an hour to two daily- much more on the weekends with the exception of it interfering with competitive play

B. On the forums?
More of whenever I am needed Id much rather be in the game itself or with some of my friends on the servers-

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Im not exactly sure but my friends and I have been playing around on there for about a year

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198152465323

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
Nope.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control of your emotions:
I am a type 1 Diabetic(which is different then what most people think of Diabetics) and I was diagnosed at age 7 not 6 months later I lost control of my anger after a kid was taunting me during break- I had put up with it for a few months then and I lost it: I broke his arm and his nose after he continued to mess with me

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
Attentiveness, Patience, Logic, Confidence: I work afterschool and at church with kids:and since you cant discipline other people kids you have to find new ways to approach the situation and acquire a certain patience for alot of things- and my attentiveness comes from being an A/V tech and working in IT- you have to pick up on the smallest of details

Impatience for small things that keep reoccurring: like if I asked a kid to go sit down and pay attention and I have had to tell him this for like the 7th time

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 9
  • Perceptive: 10
  • Compassionate: 6
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Racial comments bug me more than most other things its a direct devaluing of human life- we dont tolerate at work so I wouldnt tolerate it on a server- 1 warning and a kick if it happens again a ban

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would ask the offended group to lay out in detail exactly why they were offended and see if we can resolve the issue 1 to 1 there if not and the situation is trivial- contain whatever I need to and tell them to deal with it best they can

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Give the player about one to three warnings all depending on the type of spam before gagging/muting them

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
(Disclaimer: Strum really is a great admin and a friend of mine before he was even an admin- Im just doing it to screw with him) take screenshots of Strum being an abusive asshole and post them for everyone on the server to enjoy #ripstrugglestrum

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would confront the person after spectating them and let them know it isnt allowed on our servers, I would then ban him

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
make everyone aware of our server rules, especially the one that is non existent - then confront the regular on a friendly basis letting him know that it isnt ok to abuse new players like that- if the situation escalated after a few warnings I would kick him from the server or give him a timed ban like an hour or day

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I honestly have never had a problem with this- Im not a fan of points anyway- simply put I out snipe them- anyone who earns a dom on me earns my respect or Im simply not caring- ask a good few people that our on the servers regularly Im a damn good shot

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would let him know he is being rather rash and I would kindly ask him to calm down or do what I have done up until the point of being an admin- people who typically have problems with me dont win in fights and they rage quit

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
alert the server to the fact that this is a scam before anything happens and I will confront him personally with a warning letting him know I dont want to see it happen again

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
there is nothing that an admin should be doing in that situation besides stopping the "mic spam" that is complaining simply put he out credited you and you were probably aggravating other players which is the reason he slayed you

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: «AS»Dead_Shot Deadpool - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 11:09:10 PM »

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
(Disclaimer: Strum really is a great admin and a friend of mine before he was even an admin- Im just doing it to screw with him) take screenshots of Strum being an abusive asshole and post them for everyone on the server to enjoy #ripstrugglestrum

Can you please write a more serious response?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would confront the person after spectating them and let them know it isnt allowed on our servers, I would then ban him

If someone is cheating in any way, you don't need to inform them about anything. They'll know what they did wrong if they were legitimately cheating.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
alert the server to the fact that this is a scam before anything happens and I will confront him personally with a warning letting him know I dont want to see it happen again

What would you do if he continued?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 11:13:18 PM by BloodRain »

Offline «AS»Dead_Shot Deadpool

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 11:18:55 PM »
D: I would be happy to- that was more for Strum alone- I would confront the admin himself remind him of the rules- point out exactly what way they were being abusive and would find someone of more authority than myself just letting them know what happened and letting them address it if they needed to be removed

E: the confrontation is more about letting the entire server know what happened was wrong, it is not tolerated on the server, and to show how quickly admins will take action if someone is cheating - not about letting the man defend himself- he was obviously in the wrong

I: I would have to ban him if he actually did scam anyone- if its something he was joking about you'd force him to stop and if he was persistent about trying to scam someone I would kick/ban him which ever is more appropriate for the precise situation

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 11:27:13 PM »
Thanks ✓

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 07:47:30 PM »
6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
it annoys me when people start mic spamming or generally making the community hell for others- I have so many good times with friends on these servers and I dont want people to have any bad experiences because I have had lots of great times here

I'm very glad that you've enjoyed your time here so far, but what is your main goal/why are you applying for admin? Your response was a bit vague and clearing this gap up would definitely be appreciated.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 07:50:29 PM by Biscuit »
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 09:11:45 AM »
I have played with you a couple of times, you seem alright :D
Good luck man!

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 10:28:49 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.