• May 10, 2024, 02:30:14 PM

Author Topic: pandaunited2 - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4463 times)

Offline [Bandit] FreezeFlare TF2

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
pandaunited2 - Game Server Admin Application
« on: May 31, 2016, 10:22:20 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Mountain Time Zone

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Right now I am currently a admin on a new Team Fortress 2 server by giving plugin/mod ideas..

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to hold this position because the SwagShop servers is my favorite type that I mostly play on and being an admin will be better.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I play on these server at least half of my day on TF2. I will alert an admin if I have too leave for today for example going on a trip(since its summer for me).

B. On the forums?
I would like to be on the forums to blog about the current state of the servers and upcoming updates that people should know about.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
After Christmas 2015 I found the servers and favorited all of them. And I have been playing ever since.I have also donated.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2FFreezeFlareTf2%2F

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
None If I did it would prob be a AFK account.

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
Mostly in these situations I would try to think of a good comeback then eventually I stump whoever was mean. There was this one time where there were a bunch of kids playing on this idle server and they kept spawn camping and how I do it is I just rocket jump no matter what I just try to jump.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My strengths are mostly being nice if people are hacking I will prob do a 3 strikes and your ban kind of thing. My main weakness is tryharding I cant do that.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 6
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
3 strikes and your banned

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would tell them to ignore the player if he or she is on chat and on voice chat mute them. If that does not work I would have to say they would have too leave. and Go on another TF2SwagShop server.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Kick them if they join again and then after they do it 5 times I will have to resort to aban.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would tell the main admin he would know what to do if I did they would day 'oooooooooooooh you cant do that I'm an admin'.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would friend the person who sent the report then ask them what happened. Then I would view the player if he is we will be banned for a week.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Well first thing I would do is tell the person that he is not admin and then kick the player who is pretending to be a staff member.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I hate going try hard so ill just play normally I think try harding is unfair and rude I only use tryhard loadouts during MVM.But I will just still play the game like normal.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
first I would mute him on the mic cause it is prob irritating EVERYONE. And if he/she keepings going I will kick.And if he makes rude comments to the server then a Ban

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Kick the player..

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I cannot do anything about that I'm sorry you just happened to waste it. But I will give you 50 credits of my own.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
Ready to be an admin,excited and tired of getting bullied. .
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 11:52:21 AM by [Bandit] FreezeFlare TF2 »

Offline Yee B Games

• Chef
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
  • Where's the F****** lamb sauce?!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: pandaunited2 - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 10:53:25 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Mountain Time Zone

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Right now I am currently moderating a new Team Fortress 2 server by giving plugin/mod ideas but in general I am a pretty good person if you get too know me. Also many people confuse me as 'a little kid' and that's what you might think once we chat but its just my stupid squeaky voice If you hate it I can change it too a low voice.

Do you speak any other language than English? Is English your primary language?

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
Personally I love to play on the servers I mostly you them to practice rocket jumping and sometimes just to play with friends. My goal is too advertise more to the servers and make more people play on them, I'm saying this because there are so many servers with zero people on.

So... You want to advertise other servers on our servers? Odd reason to want to be an admin, you don't want to try to stop hackers, stop people from being rude to others, or punish people for breaking rules?

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I play on these server at least half of my day on TF2. I will alert an admin if I have too leave for today for example going on a trip(since its summer for me).

B. On the forums?
I would like to be on the forums to blog about the current state of the servers and upcoming updates that people should know about.

It's asking how long you'll be able to be on the forums. Like, how much will you use the forum.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
After Christmas 2015 I found the servers and favorited all of them. And I have been playing ever since.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2FFreezeFlareTf2%2F

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
None If I did it would prob be a AFK account.

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
I'm a master of comebacks so yeah.

Do you not have any experience with loosing your control? Surely you must have lost control of your angers at some point. Also, it's good that you are good with comebacks... However this does not answer the question given.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My strengths are mostly being nice if people are hacking I will prob do a 3 strikes and your ban kind of thing. My main weakness is getting argued about my squeaky voice.

These aren't really strengths... Or weaknesses. Give us more traits that show us what your personality is like. Are you funny, are you kind, do you handle situations well, are you polite, etc...

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 6
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
3 strikes and your banned

You're willing to ban a person for making racist comments? That's a little extreme... Are you sure there isn't another way to solve this?

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would tell them to ignore the player if he or she is on chat and on voice chat mute them. If that does not work I would have to say they would have too leave. and Go on another TF2SwagShop server.

Alright. What if the person being offensive didn't follow up with your requests? What if they don't leave.
Another thing... If you want to apply for admin on our servers... At least spell the name of these group of servers correctly... We aren't the swag shop.   

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Kick them if they join again and then after they do it 5 times ban.

How long would their ban be for?

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would tell the main admin he would know what to do if I did they would day 'oooooooooooooh you cant do that I'm an admin'.

What the hell did I just read. Like, honestly, what did you just say?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would friend the person who sent the report then ask them what happened. Then I would view the player if he is we will be banned for a week.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Heres the chat box

Me: What are you doing?
Other: Oh me I'm just going to ban this one scrub.
Me: You cant do that though.
Other: Oh yes I can.
Me: If you keeping doing this  I am going to have to kick you.
Other: Try me

Other Kicked from the game

Or just ask them politely to stop.

What. Your answer was very hard to follow. It doesn't seem like you are taking these questions seriously. Please consider revising this question with a more... Reasonable answer.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I hate going try hard so ill just play normally I think try harding is unfair and rude I only use tryhard loadouts during MVM.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
first I would mute him on the mic cause it is prob irritating EVERYONE. And if he/she keepings going I will kick.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Tell everyone in a private chat to not trade with him Because its a scam.

What will you do about the scammer?

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I cannot do anything about that I'm sorry you just happened to waste it. But I will give you 50 credits of my own.

Cool. 50 credits for something that costs 5000 credits.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
Well I may not because of my squeaky voice and sounding like a 12 year old but otherwise I'm pretty happy.

You bring up your squeaky voice a lot in the application and the fact that your voice is squeaky, you seem to think this will affect you becoming an admin. However, that's not the case, what is the problem here is that your answers... They need some fixing up. I HIGHLY suggest going back and revising your ENTIRE application.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 11:26:28 AM by Yee B Games™ »
Go on then. You Pompous F***

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 11:00:12 AM »
thanks for the tip ill do it again I just wanted to knwo if that will effect the chances of me becoming admin im sorry

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 11:03:33 AM »
ok I changed it a bit

Offline Yee B Games

• Chef
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
  • Where's the F****** lamb sauce?!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 11:29:15 AM »
I see zero change. Please fix your answers.
Go on then. You Pompous F***

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 11:31:49 AM »
This application is disappointing.
AFK like JFK

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 11:40:05 AM »
ok ill do it again

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 11:43:22 AM »
what do I need to edit/change?

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 11:48:20 AM »
When is your birthday?
How many languages do you speak? If you speak more than one, list them in the order of how fluent you are in them.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 11:50:24 AM by ¤The Flying Knife¤ »

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 12:01:01 PM »
Never tell your password to anyone.
Tuesday, May 31, 2016
1:50 PM - ¤The Flying Knife¤: helo
1:50 PM - ¤The Flying Knife¤: you added me about an application
1:51 PM - [Bandit] FreezeFlare TF2: yed
1:51 PM - [Bandit] FreezeFlare TF2: http://tf2swapshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=1472.0
1:51 PM - ¤The Flying Knife¤: ok
1:51 PM - [Bandit] FreezeFlare TF2: yes*
1:51 PM - ¤The Flying Knife¤: i have several questiosn to ask you
1:51 PM - [Bandit] FreezeFlare TF2: ok
1:51 PM - ¤The Flying Knife¤: how many languages do u speak
1:51 PM - [Bandit] FreezeFlare TF2: just english
1:51 PM - ¤The Flying Knife¤: and when is ur birthday
1:51 PM - [Bandit] FreezeFlare TF2: march 30
1:51 PM - ¤The Flying Knife¤: what year
1:51 PM - [Bandit] FreezeFlare TF2: 1999
1:52 PM - ¤The Flying Knife¤: um
1:52 PM - ¤The Flying Knife¤: alright
1:52 PM - ¤The Flying Knife¤: so you're 16, right?
1:52 PM - ¤The Flying Knife¤: as you stated on your application
1:53 PM - [Bandit] FreezeFlare TF2: http://tf2swapshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=1472.0
1:53 PM - [Bandit] FreezeFlare TF2: look
1:53 PM - ¤The Flying Knife¤: what do you mean look
1:53 PM - ¤The Flying Knife¤: all i did was ask if you're 16
1:53 PM - [Bandit] FreezeFlare TF2: click it
1:53 PM - ¤The Flying Knife¤: yes i know how to use urls
1:53 PM - ¤The Flying Knife¤: i just asked you if you're 16 years old
1:53 PM - ¤The Flying Knife¤: i dont need to click a link to figure that out
1:54 PM - ¤The Flying Knife¤: you can tell me
1:54 PM - [Bandit] FreezeFlare TF2: do you wanna rocket jump with me?
1:54 PM - ¤The Flying Knife¤: holy cow
1:54 PM - ¤The Flying Knife¤: you're lying about your age
1:54 PM - ¤The Flying Knife¤: im denying your app
1:54 PM - [Bandit] FreezeFlare TF2: ok
1:54 PM - [Bandit] FreezeFlare TF2: thanks
1:54 PM - [Bandit] FreezeFlare TF2: :)
1:54 PM - [Bandit] FreezeFlare TF2: im happy
1:54 PM - ¤The Flying Knife¤: great
1:54 PM - ¤The Flying Knife¤: you won't even tell me your age
1:54 PM - ¤The Flying Knife¤: so simple
1:55 PM - [Bandit] FreezeFlare TF2 is now Offline.
Here are some problems I found:
1. He responded very quickly when I asked him questions, however when I asked him what his birth year was, he took a really long time to type out the 4 digits "1999" which is because he probably was trying to calculate a number that is old enough to apply.
2. He tells me his birthday is March 30, 1999, which means he's 17 years old; his application states hes 16 years old. You can notice he changed his application to state he's 17 years old, however Yee B Games luckily quoted the entire application before the applicant made the change, showing the original Age: 16.
3. When I ask him how old he is, he dodges the question.
4. When I tell him he's lying and that I'm denying the application he doesn't argue against me because he knows I'm right. Furthermore, he removes me as a friend to avoid any more confrontation even though HE added me first...

Application denied.

Because you lied on your application you have been banned from applying.