• May 12, 2024, 04:00:16 PM

Author Topic: viper - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4571 times)

Offline Dj Viper

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
viper - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 23, 2016, 02:24:07 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Mountain Standard Time

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
head cook at carl's jr/hardees
co-owner with a friend on rust
was mod on a minecraft server, Mc-Legacy

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I would love to help the servers grow.  To help players starting out with tf2 or trading.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I am on tf2 every day, I have so that's mostly the only time I have off. My shifts differ from day to day.

B. On the forums?
I can be on the forums most of the day, I have internet at work if I am needed.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have been on your server's before I took a long break from tf2. For now I would say alittle more than the minimum requirement.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198121462884

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/idkwhattoputherehelpme

http://steamcommunity.com/id/vipah2266/

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
Stuff that happened in life has messed me up a lot. I am usually able to cope with them very well, but I am easy to be brought down.  What is from a book, where Morrie says that he gives him self a good cry then moves on with the day. I follow that.  He also explains how to let something bad go through with it. so you recognize that feeling and are able to cope with it better. I follow that as well. Today a lot happened and I lost complete control and asked to be banned, a mistake I wish I didn't ask for. Thanks to bloodrain for helping me out.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I can be very cheerful, I am mostly optimistic when dark times come. My weaknesses are that I can be broken easy, But with that when I am better I will go back to being happy. I try to bring everyone up to help everyone's day get alittle brighter. I learned that from a co worker. He is always happy even when things seem to be going bad he will stay positive. He is a roll model to me.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 6
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 9
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 10

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would politely ask him to make such a comment again, If he continues past the warning I would issue a mute/gag for a set amount of time. When that time is over I would ask why he said that, and ask him if he can apologize to whom they directed it at.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would consider all points of view. After that I would ask the player who made the remarks to not do it again.  Many people can be offended by different things, You have to consider their point of view and what they have been through.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would ask them to stop and turn it off, If they continued I would issue a mute to stop it.  If they started spamming the chat I would gag them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Report it immediately to a higher rank or the owner, And explain what happened with full detail and provide a video of it happening if I have it.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would look at it and the speed he was moving, I would consider ping lag. If he is moving to fast for that to be a option. I would issue a ban.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would explain to the use that was threaten that he has no power to threaten to ban. Then I would go talk to the regular and ask why he said that. Mostly to get him to calm down, I know people can get heated. once they get calmed down I would ask again of why he threated to do such a thing

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would just keep playing normally, and fight back.  if they only focus on me that's alright. Being dominated in tf2 doesn't bother me much, its just incentive to keep trying.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would ask them to politely stop, Then explain to them that they don't need to insult people on the server. If they truly don't like the server I would ask them to leave, If they stay and continue I would mute them

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell the regular not to scam people and explain that they cant give powers out to people on the server, If some one traded them I would try to get the item they lost back. if it was only I few keys I would help them and pay them back for there loss

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would explain that the headless horseman perk is able to be purchased through the shop, and that they can buy it when they have credits to afford it.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I try to always stay optimistic, I truly love the servers. and I am happy I am a player on them. I have plenty of fun filled days on there.
I hope I have a chance.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 11:55:08 PM by Dj viper »

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: viper - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 06:57:59 AM »
1 VAC ban on record | Info
 455 day(s) since last ban

What was this ban for?
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline Dj Viper

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 10:05:37 AM »
This ban was for hacking on rust, I was a server owner with no anti cheat even with our oxide mods. I used hacks to catch the hackers, I know it sounds fake but I assure you that's what I had them for.  then came the day when valve did there huge wave of bans so if anyone ever hacked they got banned instantly. It was a mistake to hack, and I have learned to never mess around with valve.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 07:45:52 PM »
This ban was for hacking on rust, I was a server owner with no anti cheat even with our oxide mods. I used hacks to catch the hackers, I know it sounds fake but I assure you that's what I had them for.  then came the day when valve did there huge wave of bans so if anyone ever hacked they got banned instantly. It was a mistake to hack, and I have learned to never mess around with valve.

Doesn't sound fake, but rather unnecessary. Nevertheless, thanks for answering my question.
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 07:59:59 PM »
Logical: 9
•Patient: 7
•Reactive: 10
•Creative: 10
•Polite: 8
•Reasonable: 9
•Objective: 9
•Perceptive: 10
•Compassionate: 8
•Troubleshooter: 10

Do you truly believe that such high ratings in every category of your personality attributes correctly exemplifies you as a person? Asking this out of curiosity, as many don't see that a "10" rating means "perfect". I also ask that you do not change your ratings, but rather maybe explain them? It is a bit hard to know what kind of person you are if every rating is rounded off to nearly a "10".
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Dj Viper

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 10:17:03 PM »
I don't see my self as perfect, I did this very late at night. I would like to change the ratings to something more reasonable, my self as a person I can think of a different way of doing things. For example in work I have my own way of doing stuff apart from what they train you for.  My patients can differ, I can be very high with patients but I can also drop low.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 11:52:24 PM »
I don't see my self as perfect, I did this very late at night. I would like to change the ratings to something more reasonable, my self as a person I can think of a different way of doing things. For example in work I have my own way of doing stuff apart from what they train you for.  My patients can differ, I can be very high with patients but I can also drop low.

Feel free to make any changes to your application while it's open.

Just notify us of what changes you've made.

Offline Dj Viper

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 12:14:48 AM »
I made changes to the attributes list. Changes I made
•Logical: 9. I have plenty of common sense, If I do this action what can happen because of it
•Patient: 6. My patients will differ, I can be the most patient person on earth but I can go to having very limited patients like if I'm in a rush in work.
•Reactive: 8. For reactive, there is some times I can create problems. But mostly I will try to keep conflict away.
•Creative: 10. I am extremely creative with they way I operate, I try to keep to my self and follow ideas I have, for use in the server. I might think of a different way to approach a issue. Instead of going right to the problem, I might take a more subtle approach.
•Polite: 9 For polite, That can differ on person to person. I call most older men sir and older woman mrs. for close friends I will call them bro, I know that's not professional, but I feel it builds a closer bond to one another, a sense of trust
•Reasonable: 9. I am a very reasonable person, when it comes to issues I try to find bolth sides of a story and people who saw what happened. I try not to every pick sides on a issue.
•Objective: 9 I try not to bring personal belief's to a issue, Facts will always win on a argument.
•Perceptive: 7 When addressing a issue I personally believe to have some sensitivity unless for example it isn't there first offence on a server, I think its best to have a serious side and a playful side
•Compassionate: 9 I am always compassionate to others, many people have been through a lot, and you might not always know what they went through, so showing feeling of others helps build trust.
•Troubleshooter: 10 From my creativity and a different perspective that I use I am an amazing troubleshooter, I always think of ways around a problem before it arises.

After reading through this, I feel as if its more of a definition to what it is, If you would like to know more feel free to ask me on here or talk to me on steam.  Have an amazing day

Offline Dj Viper

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 02:58:18 AM »
After more stuff that happened, I have no chance at getting any position in swap shop servers. My application will be removed and if I ever tried to re apply I would have a very difficult time winning any votes. so I can say thank you for having me on the servers, im sorry more stuff happened and it brings back a lot of bad memories.   good luck to Quasar, best of luck my friend. and mostly congrats.
If any one cares to learn about what happened add me on steam and ill be happy to talk.
Here's my account. http://steamcommunity.com/id/ 
vIpAh222

my name is all weird and that is because I have some one that goes by doffy stalking me. he makes accounts to try to add me, he adds my friends and talks shit about me. I know this isn't professional but its real, if you want to know what happened with the hackers and why I blew up add me and ill be happy to talk about it all.

Offline -Tf2ss- Leviathan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 11:29:53 AM »
Thanks and sorry things didn't work out for you.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 05:08:59 PM »
My application will be removed and if I ever tried to re apply I would have a very difficult time winning any votes. so I can say thank you for having me on the servers, im sorry more stuff happened and it brings back a lot of bad memories.

[...]

Thank you for applying for Administration. You may re-apply after 3 months have passed.

Application denied.