• May 06, 2024, 02:33:04 AM

Author Topic: Cpt.Wolfie - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4612 times)

Offline Cpt.Wolfie

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Cpt.Wolfie - Game Server Admin Application
« on: May 30, 2016, 07:14:24 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:
!6

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Super admin on a Garry's mod server. I'm still super admin on the server and have been for a long time.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
To preserve the enjoyment that all the players have on the server by inforceing the rules so everyone has fun with out hackers/spamers/ ect..

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I'm on almost every day and i'm home schooled so i can respond to reports at most times.

B. On the forums?
Not yet.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
For at least a month or more.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
I sadly have none to list.

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I have none.

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
I was being told to kill myself and spawn camped to the point i could not get out iwas angry but i simply let it go and took a break from the server for a hour or so.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I do not show to much besides being fun and careing but the down side is sometimes I'll get worked up really easy but I don't take it out on anyone.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 7

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Ask them to stop. If it keeps up I'll give them a fair warning then I'll kick them. if further reports come up I'll ban them.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Ask them kindly to stop and if they don't I'll call a vote for the players to deside if they leave or not.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
First warn them to stop. If still spaming I'll gag them for around 2 minutes. after that and they keep it up I'll ban them for a hour or so then they decide to keep it up after all that I'll perma ban.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Report them to the flying knife.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Ask all players if its true and if all agree I'll ban them.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Warn them to stop and inform the players that he/she is to a admin.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I'll simply ask them to stop if they don't i can't do much but stay in spawn till they get bored of killing me.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Tell them to stop and warn them if they keep it up they will be reported and baned for a period of time.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Inform the players that its a scam and warn the player to kindly stop.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
That they have been killing the others so it's only fair that they defended themselfs.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
That it may be tough but I'm willing to inforce the rules and even though it is tempting i will not abuse the admin comands/powers.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Cpt.Wolfie - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 07:37:16 PM »
Do you speak any other languages?

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Super admin on a Garry's mod server. I'm still super admin on the server and have been for a long time.

Can you please provide a link to these servers?

B. On the forums?
Not yet.

This question is generally asking how many hours would you be spending on the server. Please provide an estimated amount of time per day.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):

Your SteamRep.com link will be just fine.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?

Put this into perspective. You receive a player report regarding a user is hacking. What steps would you take from here to resolve the situation?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?

What if a player were to successfully go through with a trade?

Overall I think you might need to review your application again and fix some of the many grammar and spelling mistakes that you have.

Please also respond to mine and any other administrators questions as soon as possible.

Offline Cpl. Sentry.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 07:51:45 PM »
Good application.
To admins: Many of this is true, I am wolfie's friend and has known him since he has been an admin on the Garry's Mod Imperfect Gamers server.
Hope you become an admin!

Offline Cpt.Wolfie

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 08:25:06 PM »
Do you speak any other languages?

Can you please provide a link to these servers?

B. On the forums?
Not yet.

This question is generally asking how many hours would you be spending on the server. Please provide an estimated amount of time per day.

Your SteamRep.com link will be just fine.

Put this into perspective. You receive a player report regarding a user is hacking. What steps would you take from here to resolve the situation?

What if a player were to successfully go through with a trade?

Overall I think you might need to review your application again and fix some of the many grammar and spelling mistakes that you have.

Please also respond to mine and any other administrators questions as soon as possible.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/imperfectgamersnetwork Here is a link to the group that has me as superadmin on a server.

I am sorry for my grammar mistakes.

I'll be on the server for about 3 to 4 hours a day.

Hoe do i go about getting the link for the rep?

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 08:47:35 PM »
To get your reputation link from SteamRep just go to http://steamrep.com/ then search yourself up. If you have other sources of reputation to post from external sites, you should post them here too.

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 01:19:55 AM »

This application is lacking in details across the board. Mostly contained in your free responses. You also do not explain yourself clearly in the first set of questions:
7. How much time will you be able to spend:
B. On the forums?
Not yet.
Your response does not relate to the question at hand. Your free responses lack details and are generally just short answers. I recommend going through and editing this application's grammar and spelling mistakes along with adding more details.

Hades

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 06:34:01 AM »
Here's your Steam Rep information:

| steamname: Cpt.Wolfie
| steam3ID: [U:1:233045475]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:1:116522737
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198193311203
| customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CptWolfie
| steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198193311203

I would also suggest changing your profile to public, as it seems to be set to friends only.
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline Cpt.Wolfie

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 10:02:52 AM »
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198193311203 here is my steam rep
I have changed my profile to public.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 10:46:06 AM »
Unfortunately, I told you to check if you met the requirements prior to applying, but you don't:

642 hrs on record
The requirement is 1000 hrs.

Application denied.

You may reapply again once you have met our requirements.