• May 06, 2024, 02:36:50 AM

Author Topic: Daenordus ~  (Read 4786 times)

Offline Daenordus

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Daenordus ~
« on: June 17, 2016, 11:20:44 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Pacific Standard Time

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have owned and moderated my own servers in the past, including FreeHawks and StreatLite Trading and Hangout which have both since been put to rest.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I'd like to bring a friendly and fun atmosphere to the server while also offering stern discipline as well. We are all gamers and should be treated equally because of that.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Whenever I am not at work, so from 9 am to 1:30 pm weekdays, and from 10 pm to 11 pm on weekends.

B. On the forums?
I do not usually go onto a forum site very often unless it is necessary.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I started playing since before BloodRain has been admin on TF2SS. He was the one that introduced me to the servers.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198068576622

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
N/A

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
On my server, there was a time like this. I can't pinpoint the exact date, but I do remember the details. A person I knew joined and deliberately tried getting under my skin by using indirect insults, among other things. While fuming on the inside, I simply smiled on the outside and treated the aggressor respectfully.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Respect towards others no matter what, a humorous personality, and a logical approach are my strengths. But sometimes my humor gets the better of me, and sometimes I am too soft-hearted, or can be too hard-hearted.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 7

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Give them a firm warning: "Listen, that's unacceptable. We're all people, and need to be treated as such. Do not say anything like that again. Further infraction will result in disciplinary action."
Essentially, warn once, kick if it continues, and take further action as needed.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
The needs of many are more important than the needs of one. In this case, while I would not find it offensive, I would defend the group of players that take offense. We're all different and can be offended OR unfazed by different things, but the majority rules.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Warn first. If they persist, server mute the player. If they somehow manage to get around it, which I doubt they would, further disciplinary action would occur.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Mention it to one of the higher-up administrators, because in most cases I may not be able to take initiative against them.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would conduct an investigation, not only by asking other players who were in the game at the time, but also looking at server chat logs if possible. If necessary, server statistics could be used as well.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would warn them that they are not an administrator, that they have no power to do so, and the rules they are stating are NOT official rules. As such, they will refrain from spreading nonsense or disciplinary action will be taken against them.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would simply deal with it and laugh it off. Go into spectator if need be.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Server mute the offending player, and specify the problems that they're starting: "You are insulting the staff and the server, and using offensive language towards other regular players here. I advise you stop."
If they persist, kick them, and take further action if needed.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would give a warning by saying, "No, you're not going to give anyone free godmode. With what permissions or powers? Don't promise players things you cannot deliver."

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
"That's what can happen sometimes. Don't worry about it, you can always earn more shop money over time. Besides, he just blew some money, too."

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I would be happy to assist TF2SS with moderating the servers.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 03:45:20 PM by Daenordus ~ »

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Daenordus ~
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 11:42:57 PM »
B. On the forums?
I do not usually go onto a forum site very often unless it is necessary.

The question is asking how often you'll be able to connect to the site on a daily basis. (Once a week, three times a week, etc.)

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Give them a firm warning: "Listen, that's unacceptable. We're all people, and need to be treated as such. [...] Essentially, warn once, kick if it continues, and take further action as needed.

What kind of further action?

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Warn first. If they persist, server mute the player. If they somehow manage to get around it, which I doubt they would, further disciplinary action would occur.

What kind of further disiplinary action?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would conduct an investigation, not only by asking other players who were in the game at the time, but also looking at server chat logs if possible. If necessary, server statistics could be used as well.

What would you do if you had concluded that the person is actually cheating?

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would warn them that they are not an administrator, that they have no power to do so, and the rules they are stating are NOT official rules. As such, they will refrain from spreading nonsense or disciplinary action will be taken against them.

What kind of disiplinary action?

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Server mute the offending player, and specify the problems that they're starting: "You are insulting the staff and the server, and using offensive language towards other regular players here. I advise you stop."
If they persist, kick them, and take further action if needed.

What kind of further action?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would give a warning by saying, "No, you're not going to give anyone free godmode. With what permissions or powers? Don't promise players things you cannot deliver."

What would you do if they continued to try to scam people?

Offline Daenordus

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 11:56:17 PM »
I should be able to connect at least five times a week, for four hours on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and more on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays. I cannot specify exact times currently, because they are subject to change depending on work and volunteering times I have.

Any time I specify further action, I mean a temporary ban, depending upon the severity of the offense.
Sames goes for someone trying to scam other players. If they have repeated this offense over and over, then they will receive a more severe punishment. Kick and mute at first, but if they persist, ban them temporarily.
As for the player that has been accused of cheating, if I come to the conclusion that they have indeed cheated, then issue a permanent ban.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 11:57:15 PM »
[quote author=Daenordus ~

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 11:58:34 PM »
  5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have owned and moderated my own servers in the past, including FreeHawks and StreatLite Trading and Hangout  which has since been put to rest

Can give us a link or some type of evidence that these are reliable sources?
counter sally strike go

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 11:31:52 AM »
I have owned and moderated my own servers in the past, including FreeHawks and StreatLite Trading and Hangout  which has since been put to rest

Freehawks http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791435388392

StreatLite http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791436845675

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 01:37:44 PM »

Freehawks http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791435388392

StreatLite http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791436845675

Works for me.
counter sally strike go

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 10:37:32 PM »
Playtime (hours):
2.4 last two weeks
1008.2 on record

It seems you have not played TF2 in over two weeks, possibly more if it can be exaggerated further. I do however remember seeing you often on our servers countless times before, but please do try to become more active on TF2, especially if we should consider hiring you in the future.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Daenordus

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2016, 01:47:10 AM »
That's my actual class-based playtime, not how including how long I've idled elsewhere.
I've become a bit burnt out of TF2 lately. But when I do get on, I usually only get onto TF2SS Servers.
If I had something to busy myself with on there more, I'd be on TF2 more often.
Also not to mention school, which I've graduated from now, and work, which I'll be starting soon.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2016, 10:50:23 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 3 month have passed.

Application denied.