• May 06, 2024, 03:05:08 PM

Author Topic: Sixteen - Forum Moderator Application  (Read 3384 times)

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Sixteen - Forum Moderator Application
« on: September 08, 2016, 07:39:25 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Forum Moderator

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern EST (UTC -5)

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have had two periods as an admin here at SwapShop, as well as a long period of time as an admin on Minecraft. I do not think the administration for Minecraft is necessarily credible, but I will always put it, just in case.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I intend to only be a Forum Moderator. I would like to help with creating a consistency on the forums and help with keeping it correct and orderly, wherever needed.

However, I do not want to become a Server Administrator. My reasoning behind that is, when I was a Server Administrator, I did my job like anyone else, but furthermore I got too involved with the other administrators and created too many opinions which therefore created drama. And I had talked to Knife and he explained his perspective about SwapShop and it was a fantastic perspective, and it really helped me understand why drama is a terrible thing here. So because of that, I am perfectly fine with talking to admins and stuff, but I do not want to be in the report bot where most of the drama was created.

Also, I am at college now and I have no intention of downloading TF2 to my laptop so because of that, promoting me to a Server Admin would be a waste of time, because I would never be doing anything and I would never be able to help with reports or server issues.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
As stated above, I likely will not be spending any hours on TF2, let alone the servers. If I am at home for vacation and am bored, I might hop on, but there is already enough staff who would be able to take a report or whatever, rather than have me do it. If I do go home and I end up being one of the only admins left because a lot of people quit, then, maybe I will reconsider to be able to help out with reports and what not, but the odds of such an event happening are very small, so I wouldn't count on it.

B. On the forums?
The forums, however, are what I am intending to get involved with once again. As stated above, I would like to be a Forum Moderator, so I will be on the forums at least 3 times everyday. I can't say I will be on for hours at a time, I can only say that if there is a lot for me to comment on, then I will be on for a while, while if there is nothing new, I will probably leave and carry on with my day.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I believe I started at least in April of 2014 so if you round that up, it would be about 2.5 years. IF you would rather round down, obviously it would be about 2 years, but either way it would be at least 2 years.

9. Do you speak any languages other than English?
No. :)

10. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
| steamname: Sixteen
| steam3ID: [U:1:84003205]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:1:42001602
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044268933
| customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sixteen2628
| steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198044268933

11. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
| steamname: Seventeen
|  steam3ID: [U:1:200530258]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:100265129
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198160795986
| customURL:
|  steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198160795986

12. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
More recently, there was a time where I got bored with being an admin at SwapShop and created a lot of drama. I didn't do anything that broke the rules, but that's what was problematic about me. I did very annoying things while still following all of the rules. I created a lot of friends but I also created enemies, which added to the drama. And then I asked to be demoted with the intention that I would never come back. For a while I was strong with never coming back, but I have fallen weak, and here I am.

I talked to Knife when he left and he explained the big problem with drama and why he acted the way he did. It was very inspirational and above all else it was very correct. Because of what I have learned from him, I don't want to create drama anymore. I don't want to be associated with the conversations the admins have in the report bot, or whatever it is nowadays. If people want to talk to me, then please feel free, and I'm sure I will talk to you from time to time. But I don't want to be in the big conversation with all of the opinions and jokes and real talk and etc..

13. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
If you would like me to try and list stuff, I can, but I do believe that there are enough admins here already who know about my potential strengths and potential weaknesses to judge me in the review of this application.

Furthermore, if you have good things to say about me, then do say them. Similarly, if you have negative things to say about me, do say them.

If I am denied, I then that is how it should be. I won't be upset. I'm still a bit iffy myself on whether or not I should even bother applying. But I guess, here I am.

14. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 8
  • Honest: 8

15. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
With regards a server, players who are racist would deserve a warning with them first knowing that I am an admin warning them. Then if it continues, they would be muted. Time lengths would depend on the situation and get larger if they continually were racist after their previous mute ended.

If a user were racist on the forums, they would either be censored within their post, or it would be removed entirely depending on how the post was formed.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
This situation is... very situational. If what they are saying is again the rules, then the  player saying it will be muted accordingly. If, however, everything follows the rules and isn't obviously bad, then the one complaining will have to deal.

If this took place on the forums, the same would be done, but instead of a mute, the content would be censored, if it deserved to be.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
The player would be muted for a time period depending on how bad the spam is and would get longer if they continued to spam after an initial mute.

Doesn't really apply to the forums. I guess if they were spamming on the forums, their spam would be deleted and they would receive a warning that they would be banned from making posts.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
If possible, acquire evidence by way of videos or command logs and show them to the higher ups or make a post about it in the admin only section on the forums.

Doesn't apply to the forums, that I can think of.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
First, join the server. Then, instantly type sm_plist into the console so that I have all of their information if I need it. After that, spectate for a while or play against to get a better perspective of how they are, and if they are hacking, Perma-ban them. If I end up believing that they aren't hacking, I would leave the situation and maybe even send another admin to check it out for a second opinion.

This doesn't apply to the forums, and the above is just me saying what I would ideally do if I were a server admin. I just want to restate that I do not want to become a server admin again.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
This is pretty controversial because that player should not be abusing the SwapShop system like that, but they are also a consistent player and we would want them to keep playing on the servers because they are a reliable source of donations and ad revenue. So, I would warn them. Usually, that makes those types of players stop, but if they do continue, I would actually ban them for a day. If it continued after that, I would probably ban them and make them apply for an unban if they wanted to come back on the servers. At that point, we know they know the rules and they are breaking them, regardless of what the admins have to say.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
First of all, big deal. Second of all, if it's such a big deal, just join spectator and then join back to the team you were on. Magically, the domination will be gone.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
If they are shit talking me, I might join in on it. I know I'm not perfect. Plus, I'm done with the whole raging thing in video games. However, if they are spamming or being offensive to certain groups, then I will take action and start muting depending on the severity of the situation.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Scamming. Always fun. Of course, I will both warn the person offering the trade that they are breaking the rules and also warn the players that this "trade" is a scam. Then, if they continue, I would move straight to a ban. Most of the servers are trade servers, and scamming is unacceptable.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
You spent your credits. They spent their credits.
(But don't bother slaying the person with HHH. Just by melee only and wait 60 seconds. After that minute, all HHH will be normal players. It's much less expensive.)

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
This is a fantastic question. I didn't even know it was one. Whoever added it whenever, claps to you. This is very smart.

With regards the definition in the rules, abuse is:
-Giving yourself or another player a higher advantage using Admin commands (without votes/permission)
-Affecting gameplay using Admin commands (without votes/permission)
-Using your status/position as a Staff member to threaten players

And that is exactly it. Either inform a higher up, or make a vote. And if you do something, make sure the same is done for all. However, if you spam commands like slay to everyone, then it would be considered abuse, in my opinion. So long as you are trying to make a good situation for everyone and you keep it fair, then it should be fine. However, if you start creating problems, then of course, there will be a problem.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
Well, like I have said, I do not intend on becoming a server admin. Just Forum Mod.

{Of course, you can list my name in the Server Admin section on the staff list to keep it consistent, but the privileges would be different compared to the typical Server Admin, for obvious reasons. And this is obviously only if I were accepted}
^Psykotik will understand what I mean by this. (Go check out the Staff List page. It's very pretty. :) )

Also, I do understand that if I were accepted, I would be on thin ice, which I am okay with. If I make a mistake I will be banned from everything and that will be that. Understood. No questions.

If you have any questions, please do ask. I will answer any and all to the best of my abilities.

~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Sixteen - Forum Moderator Application
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 07:55:23 PM »
I need to talk to you.

[Application locked temporarily.]

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Sixteen - Forum Moderator Application
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 05:48:06 PM »
After discussion revolving the topic of your application, we are sorry to say that we do not support your reinstatement.

If you have any more questions, feel free to message me or Psykotik.