• May 07, 2024, 08:35:46 PM

Author Topic: New years giveaway!  (Read 5999 times)

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
New years giveaway!
« on: December 25, 2016, 10:22:36 PM »
Hey there!

First off, happy holidays to everyone. I hope that you're all enjoying the holidays. In the spirit of giving, we the Head Administration, have decided to do a giveaway.

In order to participate, all you have to do is reply to this topic with a letter of what you accomplished this year. Whether big or small, if it's an accomplishment to you, tell us all about it!

Here are the rules for this giveaway:
  • Don't kiss up to anybody. It won't increase your chances of winning and it will only make you look like an idiot.
  • Put effort into it. Any memes or funny jokes won't be counted. This is a serious event and the judges will take everything you say into consideration.
  • Must be at least a paragraph. A high school/college level paragraph consists of 8 or more sentences.
  • Don't treat this like a contest where you HAVE to win. This event is mainly to just share our accomplishments and hopefully understand each other more. Don't get butthurt if your friend or someone you don't get along with wins. It's the spirit of the holidays.
  • Just write from the bottom of your heart. Even if it's cheesy, at least it's not fake.
  • You are free to make edits to your letter. We won't count it against you.
  • Don't spam this topic.
Staff members are allowed to participate, including Head Admins if they wish to. Don't worry, this contest isn't rigged. Everyone will have a fair chance so even donators to the giveaway won't have an advantage over the rest.

There will only be one winner, unless others are willing to donate so that we can have more prizes to give! The due date is New Year's day so invite your friends and your enemies to come participate!

We wish you all the best of luck and may you all enjoy the rest of your holidays!
counter sally strike go

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • Steam URL Because I change my name a lot
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: New years giveaway!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 10:35:43 PM »
Well. Where do I start? With my recent diagnosis with cancer I thought my life was done for. Kaput. Cheegled. Rasta in the pasta. I myself donated 200 dollars to a person younger tahn me, who has the same stage as I do. Not even a day ago, I had a house visit from the person I had donated all that money to (their goal was like 20 dollars away and I ended up donating 180 over their goal). She was so happy someone with the same issue as her threw away their own chances for hers, since her parents neglected to even offer any money for the treatment. This girl cried in my arms for like 10 minutes and I started crying too. She offered me the money but I told her to spend it on shitty hospital food when they finish her surgery.

I've always been a grinch around these holidays and not one to be too festive, but something like that makes me think that my life is worth living. To be honest, that's the greatest accomplishment I've ever felt in my entire life.
Code: [Select]
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
    alert("Am I wearing these thigh highs right?");
//-->
</script>

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 10:48:20 PM »
I can't say I have accomplished much this year, however, they're still accomplishments to me. So, I'll just keep it short and simple. I'm not fond of walls of text anyway.

First off, I managed to change my whole perspective of life. I used to be a very negative person and took everything and everyone for granted, some can say I was an asshole. When I found this community, my only goal was to cause trouble and get banned. But for some reason, that goal changed. Instead, I decided to help out and continue helping out. I met some awesome people along the way, and thank you to those people. You guys know who you are. With this new mindset, I was able to meet the "requirements" for Head Administrator in this community. While I didn't hold the position long enough, it was definitely a blast helping the community at my full potential.

Second of all, because of my new mindset, I am doing way better education-wise. In my first semester of college, I was able to get straight A's. While that may not seem like a big deal for some people, to me it's a big improvement, considering I didn't do so well in high school. I believe that I didn't accomplish much this year, but whatever I accomplished impacted my and other people's lives greatly. I've grown closer to my family, friends, girlfriend, and overall have learned to accept myself for who I am. And I guess, writing this letter has made me realize that I have changed for the better, rather than for the worst. I wish to continue improving on myself and making more friends along the way. I'm looking forward to an even better year!

And with all that said, good luck to everyone else!

P.S. I don't care about the prize. I just want to participate. :)
AFK like JFK

Offline D a i s u k e

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 11:30:39 PM »
well um...to be honest,i didnt acomplish too many things this year...and what i did i think it was just small actions that i needed to do,i incressed my grades,got positive references in my school,my mom for the frist time didnt cryed with my notes and i think i become more mature as a person,made some new friends,tryed to go out some more...you know,trying to be a normal guy for once and not a creepy lonly dude...i also cooked for the frist time by my own,without the help of anyone made the christmas dinner and tryed to enjoy it as long as posible,since my dad wasnt here with us to celebrate,you know,work and such,but at least my brother did...even tough he is kinda a pain in the ass (if you know what im saying)...uh...i tryed to forget about some toxic people that i meet on this summer and well...what can i say?...im just trying to be a better me.

Offline Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 09:50:27 PM »
If I work double shifts and take no breaks, then will I win all of the items?

https://youtu.be/hr4knvNNgtU?t=16s
~

Offline K a z u m a ™

• Mysterious Okami
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Member
  • Yare Yare daze =w=
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 06:20:30 PM »
This year was okay for me. Still pretty horrible all in all. Buy I did do some things that I'm proud of. I made many amazing friends this year that I am so thankful to have. I met the best boyfriend ever on my first day of school. And what I'm most proud of is having all As and two Be in school. I'm also losing weight slowly which is something I've wanted to do for many many years.

Happy New Years everyone!!!

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 09:23:59 PM »
This year went horrible for me in TF2SS but amazing in R.L,

As for anything I have accomplished? Whelp, After 10 Years of studying at school (Grade 10 no/Grade 11 next year), I finally achieved that A mark I have been chasing. The subject I was studying for was Health and Physical Education (Physical part). I am not the healthiest person in the world, nor do I have the physical strength, but I managed to ace my goal and finally make my family proud.

I was also able to get a promotion for my job! After 1 year of working with my boss at a barbershop, He finally saw potential in me.

Good luck to all.

Offline mia

• TF2SS's Little Pwincess~
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Bunny is my happiness. <3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 08:07:47 AM »
First off, I’d like to say that I wish to win nothing. I’d just like to join the writing part, nothing more. Second, I’ll probably end up making more than just a paragraph, as I like to write, and with the fact that there’s a lot I would like to say. So, I suppose I’ll just get right into it..

A lot has happened this year, not one of my best years… But some good things have come out of it. Despite that I did recently lose myself, and who I am.. That I became this person that I’m not happy with, I’ve managed to learn. I learn from my wrongs, from my mistakes. From hurting others, I wish to never hurt. I know this post is supposed to be about, accomplishments or something…. But, I don’t really think this will fit that topic, I’ll try though. I got a job. Made friends. Lost friends. Resigned from Admin. Became an Admin again. Personal life troubles. Not much right? Seems like it.. I haven’t really done much of anything honestly.. But I think the one thing I have done, which I’m still currently trying to do, is to accept myself. I know it may not seem like an accomplishment to you guys, but from someone who suffers horribly from self-esteem, self-conscious issues, it’s a huge thing for me.

For years, ever since I was younger actually, I hated myself. Mainly based on my physical appearance. Why? Because of all the things people have said to me, and about me. I eventually got myself to believe those hurtful things. It’s why I try so hard to be like the “models” or those “popular and pretty girls” at school. Because I just want to be perfect. But I’m honestly the farthest thing from perfect.. I can sit with you, with anyone for hours, and literally point out every single thing about myself. Things that I find to be “flaws” such as my teeth not being perfectly white and super straight. Or the fact that my big toe on both feet, is smaller than the rest of my toes. How pale I am, along with how skinny I am. How my veins are so visible and pop out. My nose. My ears. My body in general. I’m skinny, and I want to be thicker. I’m too pale and I want to be tanner. I want normal looking feet and toes. I want perfect teeth. I want a pretty baby face. I don’t ever wear makeup. I don’t like to match. I’m basically myself… But I can’t ever accept me, for me. I want to be like other girls, all because of the stupid things I ended up believing. I don’t even have any self-love. I don’t even know where I’m going with this. None of this is even planned out, I’m honestly just writing this as it goes. But what I’m trying to say is, I’m slowly, very slowly trying to learn to love and accept myself for how I am NOW. To learn and understand that my flaws ARE what make me PERFECT. That I shouldn’t and don’t need to change, just because of the fear I have. The fear of being judged by others, because for the longest time other’s opinions about my looks, about me… Is what mattered the most to me. So, I took all those negative things, and kept playing them over and over. Because of course, I thought those things were true. I’m 21 now. I shouldn’t be giving a damn about what strangers think about me.. Because it shouldn’t matter. It doesn’t matter. I shouldn’t have to continue to fear that my close friends will judge me and leave me. It’s just this horrible obsession I have over it. And I honestly want to overcome it so badly. I’m perfect the way I am, and that’s what matters the most. I’m not here to please anyone but myself. If they wish to talk about me, and judge the book by its cover, so be it. Because it isn’t my problem. With that being said, I hope to be able to actually accomplish that in the following year.

Another thing I’d like to somewhat mention, is working on myself. Getting the Peachie back, that you all have come to know and love. I’ve been trying so hard, even working on fixing up friendships I lost. Getting back in touch with you guys… And I would hope that you’ve at least seen some tiny progress at least? You’re my second family, and I really don’t want to stray away from any of you again. And with those of you who’ve stayed by my side, I truly thank you so much. I know I may not be the greatest friend sometimes, but I’m glad you put up with me and stay with me. I’m not only doing all these things for you guys, but also and mainly for myself too.

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Years, and are able to reach their goals. I’m so very proud of all of you, Momma Peach loves all of her children. <3
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 08:13:50 AM by Spykotik »
Tiny Baby Legs

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 02:52:03 AM »