• May 04, 2024, 06:44:32 PM

Author Topic: Rhino - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4078 times)

Offline Rhino

• Forum Visitor
    • fakesocialjustice
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Rhino - Game Server Admin Application
« on: December 15, 2016, 08:56:12 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
I knew Death a while back and had a couple relations with some old staff members. Long time no see I guess

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Central Standard Time (US and Canada)

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have ran many TF2 and other game servers. I was an admin here at one time but ruined it because back then I didn't fully comprehend how serious this stuff can be. I know I regret my actions but I have moved on.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goals for this community is to make it stronger. I want people to be happy and stay happy. I want this position because I feel I can be dedicated to making TF2 Swap Shop a stronger community.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I will spend as much time as possible after school. So basically everyday around 4PM CST

B. On the forums?
I will try to stay active every single day on the forums. Even though I might forget ill make it a main priority to keep up to date with what people are talking about.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Ive been playing for a couple of years now. Mostly its been off and on.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
I have a general understanding of Spanish but that is about it. Nothing good but nothing too bad

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/
I do not know if this is the place where I link my steam group but I feel you should know what server I use to run back in the day so here is a link to my rep from my Steam Group!
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RhinoTopiaPublic

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
None at the moment

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I lost my emotions once my uncle died in a car accident. I told myself that everything was gonna be okay. He was really close to me and it hurt to see him go like that. I took a step back and said that this is real and I will have to move on. I still think about him but not to the point where I will cry.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I am good talking with people and understanding issues that players have with the servers. My personality is basically I try to be funny but rarely ever succeed. So yea watch out for that.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 6
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 5
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 7
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would politely ask them to stop and if the Racial slurs were continuing I would then mute the person for a short amount to time to see if the problem has been fixed. If it hasnt I would later return to kicking the person from the server.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would take a step back and try to assess the situation at hand. I would be reasonable with both sides of the party and try my best to make sure everyone doesn't get offended. I would ask to how that offends the person then politely ask the other person to stop commenting about it.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would mute the person who is mic spamming and politely ask them to stop. If they didn't stop I would kick them from the server.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would notify higher staff that someone is abusing their power as admin. I would then try to assess the situation making it so he/she would stop the abuse of the power until someone of higher rank could get on and assess the problem.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would go on the server and try to be as like a normal player as possible. Try to hide behind the shadows and watch the person to see if he was speed hacking. If he was then I would kick him from the server and politely ask to stop.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would tell the other player that the regular user could not ban the user. I would also make sure that the other user would fully understand all the true rules that exist here and make sure the regular user stops threatening he/she.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would politely ask them to stop. I would not raise my temper or get mad at the party. If they did not stop I would simply leave and join back a little later. If they continued I would then  leave for the day making sure that I do not harm anyone else's fun on the server.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would assess the situation and ask them to stop. If it continued I would mute the person again asking politely to stop. If it still continued I would kick the player.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would assess the situation as a scam and immediately notify all other members that it was a scam. I would then tell the regular player to stop. If he did not stop I would kick the person.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell the player that its only common to be slain as Headless Horsemann. I would also reassure the player that he can always buy it again. If the player continues to complain and if he exceeds to spam chat/mic I would then mute him and say that he can easily get it again by playing.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
I define Admin Abuse as an admin on the server making it not fun for the regular players. So basically abusing godmode by killing people or abusing headless horsemann or other commands that there may be. Admin abuse is also telling the user false information to try and persuade them to do something for the admin. Like threatening the player.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I feel very strong about becoming an admin. I would try my absolute best to keep the server fun and safe from hackers and spammers. I really would like to see this server grow and be apart of it for the years that come.

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy days to read this application. It means a lot to me.
~Rhino
~Rhino

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Rhino - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 09:41:15 PM »
Quote from: Rhino's Profile
133 hrs on record
Currently In-Game

You need at least 800 hours to apply. Since you admit to being a previous staff member here on a different account but wish to not count that as an alt account, we cannot count your previous hours.

Application denied.

You may reapply once you have met all of the requirements.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 11:25:19 AM by psykotik »
counter sally strike go

Offline Rhino

• Forum Visitor
    • fakesocialjustice
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Rhino - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 05:10:03 AM »
Thank you for taking the time to read my application. Even though I was not accepted I will still try my best to keep the server a safe and fun place.  Thanks again  :)
~Rhino
~Rhino