• May 06, 2024, 08:30:07 AM

Author Topic: Ren - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3674 times)

Offline Ren

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Ren - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 04, 2016, 11:45:47 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern (US)

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I do manage 3 communities on social media site that have 3000-5000 members, however I am unsure how that will aid me here.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I seek to cut down on the mic spam and keep things in order on the servers, I specifically mention mic spam because I encounter a lot of it on a daily basis, it is perhaps the most common issue.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Up to 8 hours if necessary during the rest of the year, 18 hours during summer vacation and weekends.

B. On the forums?
18 hours everyday, provided that it works well on mobile.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Far too long in all honesty, I have easily spent a majority of my time on TF2SS servers (roughly 400 hours) especially server #4. (600 hours on tf2 overall)

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2Fthebrokensock%2F

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
It has been a while since I have lost control of myself, last I can remember I was a kid at 15, I had gotten into a rather loud verbal debate with someone else in the locker room at my school. Things got personal when insults were brought to the table, comments on my friends, family, etc. Being a very confused individual at the time I wasn't sure how to react, so I got upset, luckily I had half a brain so I decided to remove myself from the area.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I like to think I am patient, I make it a huge point to never get mad at someone, only their actions at times, If I were to ever get mad at someone I would never resort to insults. I try to understand what others are thinking or feeling, I try to place myself in their shoes, look at situations from a different point of view and make decisions accordingly.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 10
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 9

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would do the best I could to get said person to refrain from making such comments, I would start with a simple request to keep things simple if that doesn't work I would state why said comments are wrong and directly tell them to stop. If they don't stop after that I would most likely mute them for a bit, giving them a chance to cool down and recognize their error.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would investigate the issue at hand, asking the group why they are offended by said comments, and why they don't just mute said player if it really bothers them too much to where they cannot enjoy the game or interact with other players properly. I would also look over the rules and see if any applied to the situation at hand, if any rules existed concerning the comments made.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
If the spam is unintentional or perhaps the player does not quite understand what mic spamming is I would ask them politely to stop, advising them that mic spam is not tolerated.
If the spam was intentional or automated, I would tell them to stop, warning them that it is against the rules and they will have to face the consequences if it persists.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would address them directly informing them that there are rules against such things, and that they should stop immediately I will also record the event if necessary.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would start by asking more about the situation from the person who gave the report, asking for more details and proof if necessary. If that is not enough I will ask other people on the server at the time.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will kindly inform them that they do not have said permissions, and I would ensure that no one believes them about the false rules by stating that they are in fact made up to the rest of the people on the server.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would mess with them using only what every player has access to in order to entertain myself. I would make it more difficult for them to kill me utilizing stealth or speed, but never fighting back myself. Or I would simply camp spawn, entertaining myself with various taunts or by wasting all my ammo for no good reason or interacting with other more reasonable players.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would ask them why they called me an "asshole" of all things before kindly informing them that opinions vary per person, that they can dislike the server all they want, and that they are free to leave at any given moment. Then I would ask them to refrain from the yelling, warning them of the consequences if they don't adhere to the rules. If they do not listen and continue to act up I would have to act accordingly to the guidelines, most likely muting them.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would start by telling everyone it is a scam immediately in hopes to minimize loss, then I would address the player, telling them that their actions are breaking the rules, and that they are not to be repeated.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell them that when spending their credits it would be best if they were completely willing to part with them, and that they should think about the possibilities before buying the perks. If they don't stop I would donate some of my credits to help make up for their loss in hopes to cheer them up.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I am somewhat eager in all honesty, not for the perks, but the fact that I can get the opportunity to actually help out in keeping the servers clean, I will actually have something to do.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 11:58:35 PM by Ren »

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Ren - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 12:14:06 AM »
You need 1000 hours too apply for admin.
counter sally strike go

Offline Ren

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 12:22:13 AM »
You need 1000 hours too apply for admin.
Yeah I noticed that after I filled it out, last time it was 500 and I forgot it was changed.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 12:26:05 AM »
http://steamcommunity.com/id/thebrokensock/
Quote from: Ren's Steam Profile
Team Fortress 2
607 hrs on record

You must have at least 1000 total hours in Team Fortress 2.

Application denied. You may re-apply once you have met this requirement.