• May 14, 2024, 10:50:22 PM

Author Topic: In-Game XP per Forum Post Reward  (Read 6287 times)

Offline Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
In-Game XP per Forum Post Reward
« on: December 02, 2016, 09:12:00 PM »
Hades had suggested a credit per post reward to members. I suggest a rewardless XP and leveling per post system similar to the leveling system in Overwatch. XP and level would be shown in-game and the server would also post automatic updates on level ups. We can also implement a command for players to see their level and XP in chat. We can also show the information at the top left-hand corner.

This idea was brought up in this topic: http://tf2swapshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=2140.0 I feel like this idea would be a little indirect but it would bring something. This could still give people a reason to spam but unlike the credit per post reward, it wouldn't give spammers a good reason to spam. What do you think? Is there anything we can do to change or improve this idea? Should we drop this idea and leave it like it is?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 09:17:31 PM by Peter Capaldi's Sunglasses »
~

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: In-Game XP per Forum Post Reward
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 09:41:21 PM »
There are many problems with this, but to sum it up:
-It's easy to abuse
-It can cause players to get attention they don't deserve
-Nobody is going to care
-It costs time and money
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 10:06:48 PM »
Alot of flaws in this idea. Im only going to list 1 since Sipow listed the others.

This idea is probably the most easiest thing to abuse. 1 Such is that a person could spam forum posts to gain credits. This idea could also get alot of complaints.

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 11:30:19 AM »
Alot of flaws in this idea. Im only going to list 1 since Sipow listed the others.

This idea is probably the most easiest thing to abuse. 1 Such is that a person could spam forum posts to gain credits. This idea could also get alot of complaints.

Are you guys listening to the other half of the post? I mean, the credit idea wouldn't work but a pointless XP and leveling system would work. Do you guys even read the other idea? Are you guys only reading one of the suggestions? I think I need to clarify something...

There are many problems with this, but to sum it up:
-It's easy to abuse
-It can cause players to get attention they don't deserve
-Nobody is going to care
-It costs time and money

I don't think I'm being clear. I said,  "a pointless XP and leveling system idea reward system." I meant to say, "a pointless XP and leveling system *with no reward*." I thought the fact that the system was pointless suggested that there wasn't any other rewards other than the level and XP. Sorry 'bout that guys. I shouldn't have assumed!

I would like to think that we should encourage players to use the forums. So if we don't want players to "get attention they don't deserve", then we don't want to encourage players to use the forums? So what if everyone "won't care." There will be someone who may care. I think the pointless XP and leveling system *with no reward* idea is a silly enough idea that people would care.

Anything that's new or old can take money out SwapShop's pocket. So I guess you're right; we might as well trash the idea since Death won't spend a penny on anything regarding the forums. ::) Well, I don't agree. We should still have hope, voice that hope and prove him wrong 'bout these forums. We can't make people go to the forums, but we can try to inform and encourage people, at very least, to use the forums. If you don't have that hope and if you don't want the forums, then I can't blame you since the outcomes are obvious and adversity is undesirable.

TL;DR:

• Clarification: What about a pointless XP and leveling system with no reward?
  • Do you have hope for these forums regardless of predicable and bleak outcomes?

Votes have been reset. To reflect clarification.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 11:45:50 AM by Peter Capaldi's Sunglasses »
~

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 02:51:07 PM »
Let's face it Peter. Forums is old news. It's tired and dead. All of your suggestions are acknowledged but I don't think there's anything really worth putting effort into, to making the forums more active.

This place is literally a ghost town. The head admins are the sheriffs, server admins are like the deputies, and the small amount of members that go on here are just the locals.

Nothing can really make the forums stand out. You're literally asking to put a lot of effort into just getting people to post shit on the forums.

What if we do add or change something and more people go on the forums? Then what? There's really not much to talk about here except for suggestions, off-topics, and anything that people can voice their opinions on.

The forums are specifically meant for two scenarios:

1. Admins vote on/discuss admin applications, ban appeals, and staff reports.
2. Random community members get on to acquire info about our community. They can ask for help or post something cool for us to read/look at/discuss about.

A reward system for posting is literally pointless. We already have the custom ranks like "Hero Member" and "Legendary Member."

I've also noticed a pattern. A lot of your suggestions have been mostly for YOUR benefit.

Just leave the forums the way it is.
AFK like JFK

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 02:53:40 PM »
You obviously don't understand that I'm only stating my opinion. I never wanted to argue with you. Still, I hope you're enjoying getting your post count pointlessly higher.
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 07:07:34 PM »
Well. I'm sorry. I'm not trying to think about me but according to you guys I guess I'm just suggesting stuff for me. I guess I'm not thinking at all. If you guys really don't want to be hopeful, then I'll respect that. I'm not trying to argue with you guys either. I genuinely want to have some interesting collaborative discussions and suggestions. We're not having any of those discussions because of my short comings. I'm failing you. I should just let you and your failing forums all be.
~

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 11:49:18 PM »
Well. I'm sorry. I'm not trying to think about me but according to you guys I guess I'm just suggesting stuff for me. I guess I'm not thinking at all. If you guys really don't want to be hopeful, then I'll respect that. I'm not trying to argue with you guys either. I genuinely want to have some interesting collaborative discussions and suggestions. We're not having any of those discussions because of my short comings. I'm failing you. I should just let you and your failing forums all be.
Look we appreciate you trying to help us.

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 11:55:59 PM »
Nah
~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 06:42:21 PM »
Seeing as my ideas suck, my ideas are only to "my benefit" and my ideas have sprung forth a lack of productivity I am requesting a topic lock.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 06:44:20 PM by Peter Capaldi's Sunglasses »
~

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 07:01:26 PM »
Seeing as my ideas suck, my ideas are only to "my benefit" and my ideas have sprung forth a lack of productivity I am requesting a topic lock.

Under your request,  this topic is locked.
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.