• May 04, 2024, 08:05:05 AM

Author Topic: Orbcollectorz - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 5754 times)

Offline Orbcollectorz

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Orbcollectorz - Game Server Admin Application
« on: June 15, 2015, 08:31:08 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
PDT

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Out Of This Game: Garry's Mod: I worked well and was friendly.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
To make the server more fun. I want it because I think I would enjoy it and it would also give me an oppurtunity to increase my skill on moderating people.

7. How much time do you plan to spend on the Servers / Forums?
As much as possible. Every day.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Ive been on and off over a year, i'm becoming more active now.

9. List a reputation thread here (if you have one, it may be simple as your steamrep url):
https://steamrep.com/search?q=STEAM_0%3A1%3A41438090

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
N/A

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I've never lost control.

12. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 5
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 9

13. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would ask them why they decide to make those comments. I would give them a couple warnings by kicking them and if they further disobey I would put a temp ban for and hour.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would try to make the situation comfortable and try to fix it by doing what I can.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would tell him to stop and if he/she does not stop, I would do a vote kick.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would report them immedietly.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would answer that question by banning them if there is proof of them hacking, and I would also report them.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would tell the victim that there is no such rules and tell the person bothering the victim that you are wrong, and that I am an admin and know the rules.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would simply go with the flow, I would not get angry over a videogame.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would simply kick them if they keep their bad behavior up. And if they keep joining and complaing, I would temp ban them for an hour.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would notify the entire server that he is lying and I know that he would not do that.

J: A regular player complains about another player who slays him/her after he/she buys the Headless Horsemann perk in the shop. What do you tell the original player who got slayed?
I would tell the original player that you should not get angry because it was your decision to buy it, and that you should not be suprised that you died, nor get angry.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:30:41 PM by Orbcollectorz »

Offline daze

• Weeabo trash
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Forums Junkie
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Orbcollectorz - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 02:34:19 PM »
I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would notify the entire server that he is lying and I know that he would not do that.

I'd be a bit harsh on this, otherwise, I like your application.

What I mean by harsh is you should probably just temp-ban him. Scum like that doesn't deserve on the server.
One ought to experience loneliness at least once or twice in life. You have to experience it. The idea of being chained to another person without reprieve is far more abnormal and disquieting. One has no choice but to learn about loneliness. I’m sure some things can’t be experienced without it.

Offline Orbcollectorz

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Reply to Candyman
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 06:31:52 PM »
Thank you for the feedback, I was not sure how I would take the matter into thinking, but if i do become an admin, I will take your advise.

Offline daze

• Weeabo trash
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Forums Junkie
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Reply to Candyman
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 02:23:54 PM »
Thank you for the feedback, I was not sure how I would take the matter into thinking, but if i do become an admin, I will take your advise.

Of course.

We're currently reviewing your application, we'll get back to you soon.
One ought to experience loneliness at least once or twice in life. You have to experience it. The idea of being chained to another person without reprieve is far more abnormal and disquieting. One has no choice but to learn about loneliness. I’m sure some things can’t be experienced without it.

Offline Orbcollectorz

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Reply to Kancho
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 05:03:59 PM »
Out of curiosity, how will I be informed that I have become an admin or not? Do I just have to read the comments on this post?

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 06:26:55 PM »
If you've been promoted to administrator, I will add you. My friend request is the signal.

Offline Orbcollectorz

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Reply to The Flying Knife
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 06:58:19 PM »
Thank you for the info, I will keep a look out.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 08:20:21 PM by Orbcollectorz »

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 09:14:42 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2 SwapShop administration, however you do not satisfy our requirements for administration at this moment.

You may re-apply again in 6 months.

Application denied.