• May 14, 2024, 08:17:00 PM

Author Topic: That Guy - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3860 times)

Offline That Guy

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
That Guy - Game Server Admin Application
« on: May 06, 2016, 05:51:12 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
PTZ

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I am currently modderating a server for Medieval Market, I have been modding for 3 years and with my experience with handling problems and people, I feel confident with this position.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I would like to actively moderate the servers community

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
2-3 hours

B. On the forums?
Most of the day

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
2 1/2 years

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198088975567

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
I calmed myself down and called in a friend for whatever I was dealing with.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My resonable state, my weakness would be my kindness, but i know when and how to use my personality dealing with people.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 6
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would simply ignore them, in my current server that i moderate since it would be against the rules I would ask them "Explain how that fits in with anything were doing right now." Usually i can understand that racist comments are usually by trolls who just spam them, but with a normal regular, i just question it to make them seem idiotic since no race is perfect.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would ask if the player who made the remark if he could not make the statements he/she said to avoid troubling the group. If they did it on purpous, i would strictly tell them not to say the comment again, they know there actions.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Ask through mic and chat. If they do not listen, i would slay them to have them pay attention, if they continue to ignore, i will mute them. If this action repeats I will ask if i would be able to perma mute them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Take screenshots and send them to the head admin.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Quickly join the server while my name is changed to stay hidden for a while, observe the situation and handle the hacker by banning them for a certiant amount of time for hacking

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Tell them that those rules do not exist, and warn them to not impersonate an admin

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I have had this problem happen to me over a 6v1, I won, not to be to confident but i can enjoy a good fight especially on a crit server which i mostly go on. The fights are easy as soldier, as i regulary pratice on mge.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would tell them to respect players and admins or else this will result in a mute and gag, or kick. If they do not enjoy the server they shoulden't be on it.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Stop them by saying that they do not have the powers to give god mode and that they are impersonating an admin which is a huge problem with most servers thinking that someone is an admin when they are not.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
That perks are used to combat the other team, using the slay vs headless if just like a game of rock paper sissors, rock beats sissors. It is fair to use slay since the person buying the  headless would have just as much as an advantage to players without it.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I would like to sort out any problems on anyone of the servers, I have been in these servers with aimbotters when there has been no admin on and it becomes hard to deal with. I wish to reduce the amount of cheaters and  disrespectful players since these drive people away from servers.

Offline Chrid

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: That Guy - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 12:53:59 PM »

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I would like to actively moderate the servers community
I don't suppose you're doing this out of the kindness of your heart then?

B. On the forums?
Most of the day
More specific please.

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
I calmed myself down and called in a friend for whatever I was dealing with.
Please give us a specific scenario in which you have lost control.
I.E: Got angry at somebody, Hurt someone on accident etc.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I have had this problem happen to me over a 6v1, I won, not to be to confident but i can enjoy a good fight especially on a crit server which i mostly go on. The fights are easy as soldier, as i regulary pratice on mge.
So are you saying you would take them on? OK then. Take this scenario into account. Since we have shop commands these people will use invisibility, godmode or HHH in order to kill JUST you. How would you respond.

Overall I believe this Application needs a HUGE improvement before it is taken seriously, Please go back and revise any Spelling errors and Grammatical errors.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 11:30:56 AM »
Please respond to our administrator's questions.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 10:51:02 AM »
You failed to respond to our administrators' questions.

As a result, your application has been denied.

You may reapply again once 3 months have passed.