• May 02, 2024, 10:15:23 PM

Author Topic: CajunEngie / trade.tf - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3696 times)

Offline Kyūbi

• °
  • Forum Visitor
  • No matter what they say, humans say the same thing
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
CajunEngie / trade.tf - Game Server Admin Application
« on: March 05, 2016, 05:03:23 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Central Time Zone

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I was a server co-founder/co-owner for a Gmod group known as Derps United (It shut down 2 months ago). Mainly I was staff coordinator of the group. Meaning I was responsible for staff rank privelage and restriction codes, and the maintinence of all staff members.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I feel that I should be an admin because I have shown my capabilities of authority and leadership. Including maturity. I dont tend to crack jokes very often.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I am avaliable during weekday afternoons because of school, and I am avaliable on the weekends anytime.

B. On the forums?
Like the previous answer, anytime on weekday afternoons and all-time on weekends.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have been playing with the group for 8 months. Overtime, I have made lots friends on your servers.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
| steamname: CajunEngie / trade.tf
|  steam3ID: [U:1:120558549]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:1:60279274
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198080824277
| customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CajunSteamPunk
|  steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198080824277

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:

11. Describe a time during which you lost control of your emotions:
This was back when I had my old job. I was watching the server while dealing with drama and my boss was gonna kill herself. When I came to an area on the map, I was shocked to see that one of my mods was making a model of a Miku hanging herself. I was very furious, and I have anger issues. I informed the whole owner staff and uncontrolably cursed out the mod. Theres a second one. This was at another co-owner that was causing constant drama, and I lost it by cursing him out. We kept yelling and cursing at eachother until my boss broke both of us up. She kicked the drama causing co-owner out of the server for a day and told me I had to keep myself under control, but I cursed out the co-owner so much, he actually quit. Needless to say, my anger stopped the drama.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
Strengths: Very polite, patient, able to talk in a calm tone.

Weaknesses: Anger issues, hate troublemakers and might sometimes say things uncontrollably.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 2

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I'd tell him to stop, if he didn't, I'd ban him for a certain amout of time.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
For me, I listen to what the community thinks about these remarks. If the players find it offensive, I'd put a stop to it.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Mute or ban. Depending on the situation.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I'd report the admin in the forums and make sure the head admin is informed as quickly as possible.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I'd respond:
"We will keep an eye out for [username]. If he is found and he is speedhacking, he will be banned immedietly.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I'd tell him thats not a rule and that the admin gives the warnings, not the user.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
It dosent really anger me unless I'm watching a suspicious person. If it did happen, I'd show them I'm an admin and ask them to stop.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
They'll be banned for talking disrespect about/to an admin.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Warn users that this person is a scammer and ban the scammer.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
That they just wanted him/her to leave them or anyone else alone, or if they still complain, just temporarily ban them for not listening to an admin.
"Where there is the black of night and sorrow, there is also the light of day and hope..."

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: CajunEngie / trade.tf - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 05:32:07 PM »
13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
Logical: 7
Patient: 9
Reactive: 9
Creative: 10
Polite: 9
Reasonable: 8
Objective: 10
Perceptive: 8
Compassionate: 8
Troubleshooter: 2
Why do you mark "Troubleshooter" as such a low quality compared to others?

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
For me, I listen to what the community thinks about these remarks. If the players find it offensive, I'd put a stop to it.
What if the players do not find it offensive but you, yourself, personally find it offensive?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I'd respond:
"We will keep an eye out for [username]. If he is found and he is speedhacking, he will be banned immedietly.
What would you do whilst a suspected hacker is in-game with you? How would you react to the situation to resolve it?

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I'd tell him thats not a rule and that the admin gives the warnings, not the user.
What if the player continuously threatens to ban the other player for a fake rule regardless of your previous warning that told him to stop?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 05:36:38 PM by ¤The Flying Knife¤ »

Offline Kyūbi

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 05:57:10 PM »
"Why do you mark "Troubleshooter" as such a low quality compared to others?"

The reason is because I have been in trouble before, but I don't talk back or show disrespect to make it worse for myself.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"What would you do whilst a suspected hacker is in-game with you? How would you react to the situation to resolve it?"

If he is hacking while I'm present, I would react by immedietly banning him to prevent anymore trouble on the server.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"What if the player continuously threatens to ban the other player for a fake rule regardless of your previous warning that told him to stop?"

Then they're banned for not listening to the admin and impersonation.
"What if the players do not find it offensive but you, yourself, personally find it offensive?"

If I find it offensive but not the players, then I'll kindly ask him to stop. If he starts to get ugly, I'll warn him if he shows disrespect again, he's gone. If he STILL does it and shows disrespect at me, he's banned for disrespecting an admin.
"Where there is the black of night and sorrow, there is also the light of day and hope..."

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 06:10:16 PM »
"Why do you mark "Troubleshooter" as such a low quality compared to others?"

The reason is because I have been in trouble before, but I don't talk back or show disrespect to make it worse for myself.
When I say troubleshooter, I mean someone who solves other people's problems.

Offline Kyūbi

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 06:31:30 PM »
"When I say troubleshooter, I mean someone who solves other people's problems."

I will reshine some light. To solve an issue between innocent and guilty users, I'd do anything in my power to solve someone's troubles in the server. Including banning the person who has caused trouble for everyone else. So, sorry for me not defining troubleshooter correctly, it would be rated as an 8.

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 06:38:33 AM »
This is application is very detailed and gives us a lot of description. Goof Job and Good Luck

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 10:52:51 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.