• May 12, 2024, 01:31:11 AM

Author Topic: TheScoutRunner - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4563 times)

Offline TheScoutRunner

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
TheScoutRunner - Game Server Admin Application
« on: August 03, 2016, 06:25:05 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:
15 (Turning 16 on the 16th :D)

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
UTC-06:00 Central Time Zone

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I used to manage a Team Fortress 2 Saxton Hale server before it got shut down, I used to run my own servers on Garry's mod, and I used to be an admin for an Unturned server. I can also run my own Team Fortress 2 servers at any time.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I just want something to do on my free time since Team Fortress 2 is losing its charm for me at the moment.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Since school is coming up, I would say ~4-5 hours.

B. On the forums?
Any spare time from being in the servers of course.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I would say that I started playing Swap Shop servers in September 2015.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198057409957

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
I would lose control of anger and just play some Team Fortress 2 to ease my anger.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I am very persuasive and manipulative, but I only do it for the better good.

I am not really social, it's hard to get to know me personally, I take long breaks if anything emotional happens to my personal life.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 2
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 9
  • Perceptive: 10
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 7

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would warn that person if he/she keeps saying racial slurs or stereotypes. If the player keeps making these racist comments, I will gag them for 5 minutes.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would tell the group of players to either mute them if they are using voice chat or ignore the other player's remarks.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Mute them for around 5-10 minutes, and if they keep doing it, I would gag them for an hour.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would contact another staff member and tell him/her about the situation, and state how that admin was exploiting their powers.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would join that reporter's game, join spectators, watch the person that is being reported, and ban them from the server.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would, tell the person who threatened the other player to a ban that the rules that he/she is stating do not exist, and warn that person for stating false information regarding the server rules.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would just keep trying to kill the other team by going a counter-class. For example, Spy could counter Sniper, Demoman could counter Engineer, etc. etc.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
When that player calls me an asshole, and states that the servers suck, I will tell that player that there are other servers besides the ones he/she is playing on. If he insults other players and screams into the mic, I will mute them for 1 minute. If the player is still screaming into the mic, I will mute them for 10 minutes.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell the entire server, that player is just trying to scam everyone out of their hats. If I get any more complaints that the same player is scamming, I will ban them for scamming other players.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell that player; he could just kill the Headless Horsemann by staying in his spawn, use dead ringer, or even using Ubercharge.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
It would help me play the game even more because I would have something to do like, help players in need of banning a cheater, Help enforce rules on players that break them for a warning, and kick any racist players that get complaints from others.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 05:43:03 PM by TheScoutRunner »

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: TheScoutRunner - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 07:23:05 PM »
Why do you rate yourself so low on Objective, Perceptive, Patient and especially on Creative (being the lowest of them all)?
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 04:10:40 AM »
Quote from: Application Guidelines - Tips for Writing Your Application
Demonstrate proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.

I suggest going over your whole application and fixing all the errors present.
AFK like JFK

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 05:29:59 PM »
When is your birthday?
counter sally strike go

Offline TheScoutRunner

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 05:34:13 PM »
Why do you rate yourself so low on Objective, Perceptive, Patient and especially on Creative (being the lowest of them all)?

The reason why I rated Creative low is because, I don't really see myself as creative. I rated Patient low is because usually I get a little frustrated whenever somebody waits like around 5-10 minutes just to give me one short and simple answer to a question. About Perceptive, I thought it said perspective instead of perceptive (sorry about that mistake) I will fix it later. And for Objective, I will probably change that value ( I didn't really understand the context of it being used until now). Hopefully this answers you're question. :D

Offline TheScoutRunner

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 05:34:56 PM »
When is your birthday?

My birthday is August 16th.

Offline TheScoutRunner

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 05:45:42 PM »
Quote from: Application Guidelines - Tips for Writing Your Application
Demonstrate proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.

I suggest going over your whole application and fixing all the errors present.

I looked over my application, and I fixed some punctuation and grammar errors, as well as changing Objective and Perceptive's values.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2016, 05:01:06 PM »
B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would tell the group of players to either mute them if they are using voice chat or ignore the other player's remarks.

But in this situation you're an admin. And as an admin, you're required to maintain a safe and enjoyable environment. You would need to act upon this situation yourself rather than telling the offended individuals to mute the offender.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would, tell the person who threatened the other player to a ban that the rules that he/she is stating do not exist, and warn that person for stating false information regarding the server rules.

And if he continued?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell the entire server, that player is just trying to scam everyone out of their hats. If I get any more complaints that the same player is scamming, I will ban them for scamming other players.

Once you confirm that someone is indeed attempting to scam and that they are aware of what they're doing, you must act upon it. Simply warning the whole server won't do you any good as someone could be trading with that person at the moment already. Keep in mind that we have zero tolerance for scammers and hackers.

Speaking of which, to you, what is scamming?

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell that player; he could just kill the Headless Horsemann by staying in his spawn, use dead ringer, or even using Ubercharge.

You misunderstood the question. It's asking what you would do in a situation where a player who bought the HHH perk complains to you that someone slayed them.
AFK like JFK

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 01:50:55 AM »
Because you did not reply to the questions asked within 3 days, your application has been suspended.

You have 7 days to reply before your application is denied for inactivity.
AFK like JFK

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2016, 02:17:54 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You also failed to make a response on your application within 7 days of your application being suspended.

You may re-apply again after 3 months have passed.

Application denied.
AFK like JFK