• April 19, 2024, 07:44:46 PM

Author Topic: IronPaladin (Re-Application) - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 2914 times)

Offline Gummy Bear | Designer

• Forum Visitor
  • Always have a dream and keep it.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
IronPaladin (Re-Application) - Game Server Admin Application
« on: December 18, 2015, 08:22:47 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Central Time Zone= 9:00PM

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
My experience as an admin for the Box Trot Server, link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TheBoxTrotSpies, I'm good at being an admin because. 1: I'm friendly. 2: I manage the server the way that the owner expects it to be.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goals to be in this community is to prevent people from being alone and being the target every time they join. I also want to join for the support I've done like donations.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I will spend time on the server about 2-3 hours.

B. On the forums?
I'll spend time on the forum about 1-2 hours if needed.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I've been on the server about a year already.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198060358017

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
None.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I've lost control over people who doesn't follow the official rules and when they try to scam someone. I tend to relax and try to fix the solution.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
My strengths for myself are fixing the problem, making new friends, and making groups stronger. The reason I'm strong with those is because I love to make things right and see people happy. I also want to make new friends because I can talk to them and get to know them better. My weakness is basically nothing. The reason why I say this is because I really don't make any enemies and I don't really have people who hate me.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 9
  • Perceptive: 10
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would deal the person who is racist to stop. If they won't stop, I'll mute them till they know how to make things right.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
If the person thought that the player say was offensive to him, I'll ask him to stop, but if he ignores me, I'll mute or kick him if necessary.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would deal the micspammers by asking them to stop. If they don't stop, I'll mute them or kick them if necessary. I prefer not to ban them because they're not hurting the server.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
If an another admin overabuse their powers, I'll report them to you and I'll kick them for overabusing to other non-admins. Usually, I'll ask them to stop abusing their powers. I'll tell them that they're not the owner of the server and they can't do whatever they want to do.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I'll go into the server, find out what is going on. If I see a speed-hacker, I'll ask him to stop. If he doesn't, I'll ban him for hacking and report what happened.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I'll tell the player that is threatening the player that they can't make the rules and that they don't have the power to ban people. I won't kick or ban them for the rules.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
If they keep dominating me, I'll just use the friendly command and if they insult me, I'll just tell them to stop or I'll kick them for harassing me.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
If people that were offending the server or the people in the server, I'll ask them to stop. If they don't, I'll mute them for spamming and for harassing people and the server.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I'll tell the player that they don't have the power to give godmode to people for their hats. I'll give them a warning but if they don't, I'll mute them for attempting to scam and probably kick them for it. I'm not saying kicking everyone for no reason is a right thing, but scamming isn't a right idea to make profit. Trading is the only way to make people equally and happy.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
'll tell the player who bought the perk that it's just a game and I'll also tell them that they are the one who bought it in the first place. If they keep saying that they thought they would be god or something immortal, I'll ask them to calm down and explain why. HHH perk isn't just a perk that will give you free things, it's a perk that makes the server fun.
Whatever happens, Surfing is always the best. B)

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: IronPaladin (Re-Application) - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 09:39:31 PM »
You already have an application open: http://tf2swapshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=988.0

Please reply to our admin's questions in order to reactivate that application.