• April 29, 2024, 01:04:14 PM

Author Topic: Djtittysprinkles - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4166 times)

Offline The Violator™

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Djtittysprinkles - Game Server Admin Application
« on: December 21, 2015, 10:40:02 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
No

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Pacific

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I don't have any previous experience in administrative positions but i understand what is required.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
To make servers a place where hacking and other exploits are rare.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
That is dependent on whether or not i have school on that day. If i do have school it would vary from 2-3 hours a day. On weekends id say about 5-6 hours.

B. On the forums?
Ill do my best to be on the forums every time i log into steam.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Since i started playing team fortress.The first server i joined was a swapshop trading server as a matter of fact.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fprofiles%2F76561198152775483

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I don't own any alternate accounts.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
When i first started playing a player on the opposite team was obviously a donator with an extensive amount of credits.Basically he used his credits to single me out and killing me constantly and i lost my cool started cursing and left the game. Ive developed a much better control over my anger since then.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
Strengths being my analytical skills and i look at both sides of an arguement instead if being biased.Weakness being my short temper which i have a much better handle on now and my poor sentence structure.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 10
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 7

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:

A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Ask him to stop and apologize to who ever he insulted if he continues issue a temporary mute. If it is not directed to anyone simply ask him to stop and not to make those kinds of comments.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
Politely ask the person who made the remarks not to make them because they offended someone.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Simply ask them to stop if i am ignored i would issue a temporary mute, while he cannot use the mic explain to that player that it is not wanted and to either stop or they will stay muted.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Report them to an admin of higher authority and based on the severity of the issue get his position revoked.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Go to said server see for myself whether or not the person is actually using and exploit if he is and i can confirm it that player would be banned if not then i would explain to the other player that he/she is not speed hacking based on what they were doing to make that player think that they were hacking.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Explain to that user that he is not to be threatening other players in any way shape or form  and ask him not to act as if he has any authority with issuing bans.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
i really don't get fazed by being killed unless im on a competitive server so id pretty much just let them have their fun until they get bored. If i am in the mood i will try to get my domination off of them by joining spectate but as i said before i really could care less most the time.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
suggest that he go to another server because using constant profanity and screeching over the mic is not the right thing to do if he refuses to leave and continues to make comments and scream then a temporary mute will be issued while he calms down.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
honestly whether you're a regular player on the server or not i would alert the players that he cannot offer free god mode and is trying to take advantage of them then warn the regular that if they continue they will be banned for attempting to scam.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Explain to the player that everyone has access the !shop and the person who slayed them is not in any violation of any rules.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 01:04:16 AM by The Violator ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ »

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Djtittysprinkles - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 10:59:53 PM »
7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
How much time in hours a day or days a week.

B. On the forums?
Ill do my best to be on the forums every time i log into my steam account.
Can you give us an estimate on how long the duration of those responses would be? i.e. 10 hrs per day

Offline The Violator™

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 11:04:30 PM »
depending on whether i have school or not school days would be 2-3 hours and on weekends breaks etc. im on all day the minute i get on team fortress most of the time

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 11:49:11 PM »
---Application Guildelines---

http://tf2swapshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=107.0
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198152775483

• You must have a microphone.

---& recommended qualities---

• Demonstrating proper and correct English skills is helpful and will improve your chances of being accepted.

---My Problems With the Application---

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198152775483

Here's his Steamrep: https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fprofiles%2F76561198152775483

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
Look at it from there perspective and apologize for the misunderstanding.

But what if another player was making remarks that you yourself don't find offensive but others do?

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
i really don't get fazed by being killed unless im on a competitive server so id pretty much just let them have their fun until they get bored. If i am in the mood i will try to get my domination off of them but as i said before i really could care less most the time.

How would you go about getting that domination off of yourself?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
honestly whether you're a regular player on the server or not i would alert the players that he cannot offer free god mode and is trying to take advantage of them warn the regular that if they continue they will either be kicked or muted.

Scamming is against the server rules, so if you see it going on you may ban them for it.

---Other Notes---

Overall, this application is fairly hard to read with all of these run-on sentences. I highly suggest that if you are serious about this application, that you come back and revise it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 11:52:53 PM by BloodRain »

Offline The Violator™

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 01:13:55 AM »
Well i revised it apologies for the hassle.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 11:57:10 AM »
Is there any possibility for you to get a microphone?

Offline The Violator™

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 12:27:31 PM »
i have a microphone but the port to connect it is broken so unless i get a new computer i cant hook it up.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 01:23:03 PM »
Having a microphone is a requirement for applicants.

I cannot accept your application unless you have a microphone.

If there truly is no solution for hooking up your microphone, then I will have to deny the application.

Offline The Violator™

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 01:38:52 PM »
Well that's a shame i don't exactly want to go out and buy a new computer but i guess ill apply again when i do.Thanks.

Offline The Violator™

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 02:57:14 PM »
id like to know how the application was though if you dont mind

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 03:23:55 PM »
We use a democratic voting system to determine whether or not applicants are eligible for the position.

My opinion doesn't represent our entire staff's perspectives, however I personally thought there were too many English errors made in the application.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 03:34:54 PM »
Thank you for applying for administration, however having a microphone is a requirement.

As a result, your application has been denied.

You may reapply once you meet our requirements.