• April 29, 2024, 12:25:05 PM

Author Topic: IronPaladin- Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4366 times)

Offline Gummy Bear | Designer

• Forum Visitor
  • Always have a dream and keep it.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
IronPaladin- Game Server Admin Application
« on: December 14, 2015, 07:06:45 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Central Time Zone

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I've experienced about admin and I ban only to those who disobey the rules and hack. I manage a friend's server called The Box Trot Server. Link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TheBoxTrotSpies

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goals for this community is about succeeding to this group and help out others that are being picked on and keeping the community friendly.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I'll spend about 3-4 hours if needed.

B. On the forums?
I'll able to spend time with the forums about 2-3 hours if needed.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I've been playing your server for about a year.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198060358017

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
None.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I lost control when I get mad at hackers who continuously deny that they're hacking. I also get out of control if people starts to talk bad about my friends or about my group I've made.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
My strengths are friendship because I make friends and enjoy playing with them. My weakness is enemies because people think that they are better and that they think I'm a new player because of my loadout. I may have old loadouts, but I have new ones too. People shouldn't pick about what they look like and what they have. They should pick of how they're good at TF2.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I'll ask them to stop being racist. If not, I'll mute them or kick them if necessary.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would try to tell the offender that they aren't a cool person and they have no right about talking bad about anyone or the server. Everyone deserves respect and if he doesn't care, I'll mute him for offensive or kick him if necessary.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
If they were a micspam, I'll ask the person who was micspamming the server to stop. If he doesn't, I'll mute him for micspamming and that people asked him to stop too. If necessary, I'll kick him.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
If he overabuse his powers like using god/buddha while killing, I'll report to you guys and try to kick him for killing people. The people with no admin powers should not be killed with god/buddha because it's not fair to everyone and it's like getting free kills.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would probably ban him for speed-hacking and would report to you guys what happened.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I'll tell the player that made a fake rule that they can't make a rule and warn them not to make rules again. If they disobey, I'll kick them or ban if necessary.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would just try to dominate him back or I can just leave and come back instead of getting all mad and other kids ideas.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I'll tell them to calm down and help the solution. If they don't care, I'll mute them.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I'll warn the player that they don't have the powers to do that. I'll also report to you guys if it happens. But if I'm doing this situation if I get hired, I'll tell him that he doesn't have the right to give free god-mode to people that is trading hats to him because he's not an admin. Plus people would know that he would be admin. If he still doesn't care, I'll mute him for scamming and I would kick him if necessary.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I'll tell the person who bought the perk that they were the one who bought it and that they should've thought about it ahead of time. Buying HHH perk is wasting points, but fun. People who dislike HHH shouldn't say negative about people who are enjoying it. If people/kids started to complain, I'll tell them to calm down and just spectate. If they don't cooperate, I'll mute them for spamming because everyone wants to enjoy perks. I may not like HHH perk, but at least I play with people and try to have fun.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 07:13:44 PM by (PiP)IronPaladin »
Whatever happens, Surfing is always the best. B)

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: IronPaladin - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 07:24:34 PM »
Pretty Decent, Better Then Mine, You Will Do Great!

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 09:00:07 PM »
Hello,

Please correct the grammatical errors that are contained within your application.

Hades

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 09:18:10 PM »
5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I've experienced about admin and I ban only to those who disobey the rules and hack. I manage a friend's server called The Box Trot Server.
Can you please link us to the server?

A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I'll ask them to stop being racist. If not, I'll kick them just for it.
Wouldn't you be able to mute these players instead of removing them from the game?

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would try to solve the problem and tell them to control themselves. Once I get everyone under control, I'll ask the person who made the joke offensive to stop.
What would you do if they didn't stop?

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
If they were a micspam, I would just mute for myself. Like on the main menu idea.
And what would you do if you mute them for yourself, and they start to play an incredibly racist, sexist, or just an offensive song. You wouldn't be able to hear it and put it to an end. So could you provide another solution?

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
If he overabuse his powers, I'll report to you guys and try to kick him.
What do you consider "Overabuse" to be?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I'll warn the player that they don't have the powers to do that. I'll also report to you guys if it happens.
But if you are hired as an Administrator, and you're well rounded with the rules, wouldn't you be able to handle the situation alone? If anything, describe what you would do to handle this alone without reporting to other people.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I'll tell him that don't kill him or her, since they don't like it. I want the server to be friendly if they want it to be.
The question is saying, a player purchases the HHH, and a player purchases the Slay command to slay the player who bought the HHH, and now the player who had the HHH is complaining. What would you say to them?

I'm also seeing that you enjoy things to be very friendly and enjoy a friendly server. But in the case you're wanting to be in a friendly server, and everyone is killing you and not listening to you wanting to be friendly, what would you do in this case?

Please answer the questions appropriately where asked.

Beyond that,
Best wishes
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 09:44:37 PM by -ᴛғ2ss-☠Lunarium Wolf☠ »

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 01:18:57 PM »
Today is the third day without a response to my questions.

Please take the time to answer them.

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: IronPaladin- Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 03:18:51 AM »
Hello,

We thank you for taking an interest in applying here at TF2SwapShop. However you have failed to answer our Staff's questions in the time frame given(3 days). Therefore your application is now marked as idle.

Application  is now Idle.
You have one additional week to respond or your application is denied.

Hades

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 07:45:06 PM »
@Hades
I believe I fixed it, but I'm not sure if you like it.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 02:05:17 PM »
Good luck
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 02:50:43 PM »
Thanks. :3

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2015, 03:39:13 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:19:20 AM by ¤The Flying Knife¤ »