• April 28, 2024, 09:26:33 PM

Author Topic: Suicidal Kitty - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3837 times)

Offline Suicidal Emo

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Suicidal Kitty - Game Server Admin Application
« on: December 26, 2015, 05:29:40 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Standard

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Live stream twitch moderator of 100+ people

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
To help prevent hackers in our servers and protect the community

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
4-7 hours a day

B. On the forums?
Often

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
1-2 years in total but my time on the servers maybe 1 year

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198091636194

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
NaN

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
Can't remember

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
-[Positive]-
Situation handling, Cooperation

-[Negative]-
Anger

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 4
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 4

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
1st time
Warning
2nd Time
10 minute(s) gag
3rd time
60 minute(s) gag
4,5,6, ETC.
Permanent

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
Tell the offensive player to stop because other players are finding them offensive.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
1st time
Warning
2nd time
10 minute(s) mute
3rd time
60 minute(s) mute
4,5,6,ETC.
Permanent

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Go to a higher level administrator and tell them.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Go to the server as said and see if the user is speed hacking if so then permanent ban for the player

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
a 60min silence on the player, if the offence is repeated it goes to kicks,bans,etc.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Ask them to stop, if they do not comply leave and join another server.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
10minute silence to see if they stop. If not a kick will be applied, if they do not stop then a temporary ban will be placed.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
30 minute ban - Scamming

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
"Calm down and save up for another one, its just a game"
- SK

Offline mia

• TF2SS's Little Pwincess~
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Bunny is my happiness. <3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Suicidal Kitty - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 05:53:42 PM »
This seems like you only took, five minutes to write this... It lacks in details..

As for A, you can gag them, but that won't stop them from using the mic. So what would you do, if they continued on the mic?
B: What if the player doesn't stop, and continues saying offensive things?
C: muting the player over mic might work, but they could also spam in the chat. What acting would you take?
I: Scamming is not allowed, or tolerated in our servers. So only banning them for 30 minutes, would just allow them to come back and do it again.

Honestly, I just see so much wrong with this application. But those are what bothers me, the most. Please spend a little bit more time, on this application.
Tiny Baby Legs

Offline Suicidal Emo

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 06:05:20 PM »
@-ᴛғ2ss-ღPeachieღ

As for A, you can gag them, but that won't stop them from using the mic. So what would you do, if they continued on the mic?

If they brought their racism to the mic they would get muted

B: What if the player doesn't stop, and continues saying offensive things?

Kick first if repeated goes to temporary bans, if repeated more i'll report it to my superiors and possibly permanent ban and give them the option to appeal.

C: muting the player over mic might work, but they could also spam in the chat. What acting would you take?

If they brought it to the chat couldn't i just gag them? At that point they wouldn't be able to spam.

I: Scamming is not allowed, or tolerated in our servers. So only banning them for 30 minutes, would just allow them to come back and do it again.

If they came back and started scamming again I would ban them for longer, and if they tried to scam again after that i would permanently ban them.
- SK

Offline Polarized

• URL Badman
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 07:24:08 PM »
5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Could you give the twitch channel that you moderate as well as the username you use there?
B. On the forums?
Often
We're looking for a more specific amount of time here. Just as close of an approximation as you can get.
Can't remember
It significantly benefits you to fully answer every question. It's impossible to believe that you have never lost control.

Please answer these questions as soon as you possibly can, as it will help other admins come to a more conclusive decision.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 07:43:49 PM »
12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
-[Negative]-
Anger
You say that anger is your weakness, but
Can't remember/quote]
You've never lost control?
These two response conflict with each other... Please give us a time during which you lost control of your emotions.

Offline Suicidal Emo

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Re : Suicidal Kitty - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 09:00:30 PM »
@TheFlyingKnife
Can't remember/quote]
You've never lost control?
These two response conflict with each other... Please give us a time during which you lost control of your emotions.

---------------------
In 7th grade i completely lost it i can remember much but i lost every knowledge of where i was at when i got pissed(was previewed with bullying before u say anything) at this one kid.

---------------------

My Twitch : Ravanth
The livestreamer : Wyld

7B:B. On the forums?
1-2hrs a day if need be
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 09:05:01 PM by Leave me the fuck alone »
- SK

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015, 05:23:22 AM »
Hello,

Your answers are quite short and leave much to the open mind. Please add more detail to your application.

Hades

Offline Suicidal Emo

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2015, 07:29:02 AM »
@Hades
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Standard

User : Wyld
Mine : Ravanth

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
To help prevent hackers in our servers and protect the community. Also to stop hackers and scammers from ruining everyone's day.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
4-7 hours a day

B. On the forums?
1-2 Hours if need be.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
1-2 years in total but my time on the servers maybe 1 year

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198091636194

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
NaN

7th Grade.
At the time i was being bullied, I couldn't take much more of it then he said something racist about me and i snapped. I remember blacking out from an anxiety attack but not much more after that.

-[Positive]-
Situation handling, Cooperation

-[Negative]-
Anger

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
Logical: 9
Patient: 5
Reactive: 7
Creative: 4
Polite: 8
Reasonable: 10
Objective: 8
Perceptive: 8
Compassionate: 7
Troubleshooter: 4

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
1st time
Warning
2nd Time
10 minute(s) gag/mute
3rd time
60 minute(s) gag/mute
4,5,6, ETC.
Permanent gag/mute

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
Tell the offensive player to stop because other players are finding them offensive.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
1st time
Warning
2nd time
10 minute(s) mute/gag
3rd time
60 minute(s) mute/gag
4,5,6,ETC.
Permanent mute/gag

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Go to a higher level administrator and tell them. Also try to do whats in my power to stop the admin.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Go to the server as said and see if the user is speed hacking, if so then permanent ban for the player.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
A 60min silence on the player, if the offence is repeated it goes to kicks,bans,etc.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Ask them to stop, if they do not comply, I would just leave and join another server.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
10minute silence to see if they stop. If not a kick will be applied, if they do not stop then a temporary ban will be placed.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
30 minute ban - Scamming. If they come back and start scamming I will permanently ban them.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
"Calm down and save up for another one, its just a game"
- SK

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2016, 11:19:40 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.